Reviews for We Keep the Wall Between Us As We Go
arcangeldjr chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Absolutely lovely.
El Reino chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
This is probably one of the first stories where Jareth has to be Aboveground. Not only is this well written, it's really compelling. You make everyone seem like a real person without having to bitterly humiliate or dumb down anyone. Even though you don't write Fanfiction anymore, I just thought I'd drop a line and say that I really enjoyed this fic.
El R.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Hee. I loved the gossip chain, to start; way too many stories in this fandom disregard the party at the end and leave Sarah cut off from the underground.

It was a good scenario. Good balance of presence of magic and respective power and things.

Good opening line, too. The enemy's begonias. Acts of Toby. Tulips. Yay.
Doctor Harley Quinn chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Devastatingly charming. Your sense of humor is clever and unpretentious, and you've really made the future versions of the characters absolutely enchanting. Of COURSE Sarah's flair for the dramatic would encompass stalking. Anything for a story, right?

It's interesting what you've done with Jareth, keeping him extremely distant, our only perspective of him being Sarah's glimpses of his home life/adjustment to the real world. Since we're meant to feel what Sarah feels at that point in the story while looking at him, we feel at times fascinated, amused, offended, and cripplingly sad, all due to him and his actions. Very cool ripple effect- Jareth affects Sarah affects audience.

And of course, Toby was delightful. Preteen is the new teenager, and it's so wonderful to see him portrayed as cute and funny while still being very teenish- too often, portrayals of kids his age retain all of the brattiness with none of the charm.

This is going on the favorites list, of course! If you ever felt the whim to continue it, I would joyfully read and review, but I know, I know- it was meant as a one-shot and should probably stay that way. It's perfect as it is, so I get not wanting to mess with a good thing.
TigerQueen chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Lovely version of adult Sarah. "The Great Writer." I love it. I miss having a bit more actual interaction with Jareth, but that seems to have been your point in this-showing him as she saw him, which was pretty surface-only until the end-so I can live with that sacrifice in favor of the story.
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
This is really excellent. It has a self-aware, subdued, adult feel that works perfectly as a sequel for a coming of age story like Labyrinth.

Jareth adjusting to suburban life is both hilarious and sad, and this time it's Sarah setting the terms of their association. Despite the mundane setting, lots of the original story's elements are still there - the three central characters, Sarah spying on Jareth vs. Jareth spying on Sarah, a preoccupation with reading, Sarah stepping back into Jareth's domain.

The blend of humor and true thoughtfulness on Sarah's part round it out, both reminding me of the movie but also pushing it beyond the movie's boundaries - especially the twist that Jareth may have used Sarah as his means of escape.

This may just be me being dumb (it happens), but I can't quite follow why Jareth was banished. He let her win? How? He played the game fairly? So then, he didn't let her win, because that would be against the rules? Or are you not *supposed* to play fairly? In which case, wouldn't playing fairly be bucking the system and therefore be all right? Yeah, I'm kind of lost.
MidnightCat99 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
This is one of my all-time favorite Labyrinth fanfics. I printed out a copy of the story just so I could carry it around in my purse. Amazing! (:
writertron chapter 1 . 11/8/2010
hmmm... intriguing idea, very well written. i think i like it :)
Aislinn Gesine chapter 1 . 9/29/2010
This is pure loveliness. I adore how there's barely any mention of magic or the Labyrinth or goblin whatchery, and yet it's so quintessentially Sarah.

favorite. 3
UndergroundDaydreams chapter 1 . 8/8/2010
This was an interesting little story. The idea of spying on your neighbors is always entertaining. Toby is very astute. Enjoyed it - thanks for sharing! :)
Phritzie chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
You totally just made me cry. I do hope you know that.
Miss Tiff chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
I remember reading this when it was first posted during the exchange and being amazed at how cleverly put together it was. Rereading it again tonight reminded me how much I really loved this story.

You did such a wonderful job with this. I can't wait for a sequel or any other Labyrinth fic that you may write!
CyanideDreams610 chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
This is really good! I hope for a sequel!
themindkiller chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
ooh...what happens next? it would be a lovely story, should you choose to continue it.