Reviews for Firmer Ground
Death'sSymphony chapter 5 . 11/2/2013
Flay's one of my favorites from the start. I already forgot the reason, though. But I do know that he seem to have some kind of insight on things but he just couldn't quite decipher it, or something. And he always have plans, plans that involve Vayne or some other person in their workshop. But mostly, Vayne.
Death'sSymphony chapter 2 . 11/2/2013
Oh gosh, believe me. Even I was creeped out by him. He's surely a pervert!
Death'sSymphony chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
VERY GOOD start! . sooo like it!
mazeru chapter 5 . 10/18/2012
Oh boy. I'm really late to the party that is the MK fandom, but I only started playing the game... a week ago? A bit more than that, perhaps, and have been on a fic hunt since chapter 6. I really like the dynamics between Roxis and Vayne so stories centering around those two became my priority right away- and then I found this.

While this fandom in general so far has pleased me with the amount of rather good quality fanfiction, this is an absolute pearl. I really like your writing style AND the direction you're taking it all in. The characters are also IC to a t as far as I see, all of them, and it's just- it's perfect. I've actually been suspecting Roxis to know a bit about Vayne from the get go. I mean, he never said why he supposedly hates the boy (supposedly because oh, for gods' sake, the cooperation during the trivia contest is too cheerful for a begrudging alliance), so the moment it came up that Vayne is Theofratus' son, it just set off alarms in my head, even more so when I ended up spoiling myself with fanfics and found out that Vayne is actually a Mana, so the whole idea of him finding out is very plausible.
I saw someone wonder why he didn't assume a homunculus though... somehow that didn't even cross my mind haha. Perhaps because a leg just "clicking" back in place made the thought of a homunculus unplausible, since homunculi were intended to be created as artificial humans, but bearing all resemblance of an actual life being. And artificial humans just don't click like that. ...I think I'm rambling now, so I'll wrap this up, I'm sorry;

I suppose it might be weird to get a review after such a long time since your last update but I thought a little push perhaps could do some good. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see this story completed, or at the very least - continued.

So if you do happen to find a spare moment and a bit of an inspiration, then it would be awesome to see this fic updated. It's not easy to find something of that quality, after all.
midnightcrescent98 chapter 5 . 6/2/2011
Very... Interesting... :)

You're right, I can't stand Roxis first. Eventually, he became my favorite character.

Anyway, This story is just fantastic. I really Can't wait for the next chapter :)
Firehedgehog chapter 5 . 4/14/2011
great fic, continue
LunesWraith chapter 5 . 4/14/2011
Sadly enough, I actually stopped breathing for a few seconds when I saw you updated D: I'm sure there's something wrong with that.

But anyway, really good chapter again, it's amazing how you keep everyone in character so well too. I think you may have meant Pamela went through the way instead of Anna, but hey I write chapters late too, and I forget whatever comment I had been thinking of by the end aswell XD I always thought Roxis would (or should) be able to figure Vayne out, so I really like the direction you've been taking this.
Laryna6 chapter 5 . 4/13/2011
"Anna drifted through a wall" - I think you mean Pamela.

Interesting that he jumps to mana instead of homonculous.

Your Sulpher is excellent as always. Your Roxis too, etc.
terracannon876 chapter 5 . 4/13/2011
Flay is rather mysterious, in a completely unmysterious way. He's always loud, goofy, in a "wtf are you DOING?" kind of way, but then he goes and shows up and dispels an awkward/intense situation at exactly the right moment, and he shows that he "knows" something he shouldn't (again, but disappearing/appearing at opportune moments; he never seems to say anything out loud). I wonder just how much Flay knows about Vayne...

...So, Roxis just kind of...clicked Vayne's leg out, then in, then out, then in...? Poor Vayne. I'm surprised he himself doesn't think anything's wrong with that (ie, no freakout), but then again, who's to say he doesn't think all legs do that

Thanks for the update! Perfect read before ... the big test tomorrow *sniffle*
LunesWraith chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
This is awesome, I wish the fanbase for Mana Khemia was bigger :( But this is really well written and it gets Roxis totally, as well as Vayne and how he really is the center or everything in that workshop. The scene with Flay in the stream yelling made me laugh, and Vayne saying "It's fun" softly was (dare I say it) kinda sweet, so good job .

Just please, please, PLEASE don't turn this into yaoi, slash or some other. It will ruin a masterpiece T.T
firedraygon chapter 4 . 2/2/2011
Ouch, broken legs and concussions! Hopefully Nikki brings back some help. Lovely chapter. Please write more soon!

~fd97
Laryna6 chapter 4 . 2/2/2011
Awesome to see more from you~ Post this to the lj group?

Cool name for Roxis' kitten. It's interesting to see Roxis' mana volunteering for physical combat, although there are mana in MK that fight beside their alchemists instead of just lending power, like Azureflame. Hmm, Sulpher seems quite concerned with Roxis' well-being: has he decided Vayne's future pact-mate or has he just grown attached the way he did to Vayne and felt he should do something?

I am really looking forward to what you'll have Roxis see when he takes that good look at Vayne's leg.
terracannon876 chapter 4 . 2/2/2011
Ouch, Vayne broke his leg... I wonder what Roxis is picking up with his inspection of the break.

Thanks for the update! Happy snow day, lol~
terracannon876 chapter 3 . 1/29/2011
So few Mana Khemia stories, and this is one of the best ones I've found. I've always liked story that centered around Vayne's existence, and Roxis' confusion is "d'aww"-worthy. I like Sulfer too. So snarky.

Thanks for writing! Hope you update soon!
animefangirl55 chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
OMG! YOU LIVE! I didn't know if you were ever goung to update. But here you are! And it was a really good update too! Left of on a cliffy. Now im dying to see what happens to vayne! Please update soon!