Reviews for A Twist In My Story
Sarah Crawford chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
First of all, let me say that the concept of hating chapters is a little odd to me. I’ve enjoyed the few of your stories I’ve read, but find it difficult to get through them in one setting because they are often so long. Not having chapters means no easy place to stop and remember where I left off later, which I find a tad frustrating. But I like your stories enough to keep coming back for more as time allows. On your AU timeline, I find it odd that you like to add that gap. Raoul appearing at the beginning of the story is so integral that putting his appearance later seems very strange to me. I can see doing it so Erik and Christine have time to fall in love first, but then you have left things unchanged in respect to how the story ends, so I’m not sure what the purpose is. I like your strong Christine, and think she is a lot like Leroux’s original character; I hate how later versions of the story have weakened her. Her feelings and actions in this story are perfectly believable. Your Erik is a great blend of Leroux an musical. Wonderful job with the descriptive language both of Christine’s feelings and surroundings. I love the tension and dichotomy of her relationship with Erik, and how you have used music to bring them together. You write both Erik and Christine beautifully. My only disappointment in this story is the ending. After you have changed so much and given them this intimate connection, I simply cannot see then end results being so disappointing. I think in time Christine could have learned to forgive and love Erik.
BlazeoftheInferno chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Out of all your stories, this is the one that I think captures Erik's personality the most. This is the one that I keep rereading because it's beautiful, emotional, and doesn't involve Christine being brainwashed and raped, unlike some of your other stupider work, grumble grumble.
I love your portrayal of their relationship; I love that Christine has spine enough to resist him; all of the scenes involving music are incredible and magnificent and everything I've come to expect of Erik's genius; and I think it's adorable how hard Erik tries to please Christine. Which is why I like this story better than your other ones, because in the book, Erik wanted Christine to love him WILLINGLY and was ready to do anything to win that love, and that is reflected in this story. Not so in most of your other ones. You know which ones I'm talking about.
Anyway, in case it wasn't obvious, I read all your stuff because you are a phenomenal writer, and all your stuff is well written, even when you make Erik act like an ooc douche, which was not the case in this, my favorite, story. Yes, this one is the best.
I wish you would write more stories like this one.
Scarlett Raine chapter 2 . 5/1/2012
:( Aw, this one was sort of bitter-sweet.

Erik was so sweet, but Christine was so cruel! And so very shallow! I mean, it's plausible that she'd hate him for his sins, but didn't she feel the passion? I thought she did... she certainly led him on like she did with those kisses...

Regardless, you concocted ANOTHER fabulous story. Lovely characterizations. :)
aradiaeva chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Another great fic, very bittersweet and emotional throughout.
AngelxPhoenix chapter 2 . 9/8/2011
Sooooo wonderful! I loved how conflicted Christine was, wanting to hate Erik yet still feeling more for him. And Erik was trying so hard to please her and genuinely insecure around heart melted when he asked her if his music was that horrible. Brava!
Angel of the day chapter 2 . 6/18/2010
She is such a bitch. How could she tell him that? How could she judge him by his face? She became what she wanted and then hated him for it? Really? OMG! Well written and all but this breaks my heart and makes me want to kill her. She is so stupid and sadly most people are actually like that sorry excuse for a creature. And he loves her! Great story, but I have a rather violent reaction to it.

P.S. If she was upset that she heard voices from a "magic mirror" then she should have told someone. I mean really...she was soooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Great story.
Cumberbatch-has-a-Sexy-voice chapter 2 . 5/24/2010
Thank you.:)
Amaranth the Immortal chapter 2 . 4/11/2010
After reading this, I must say I feel inspired to re-read the original book. It's like you've placed the entire novel in a different perspective for me. I've been reading fanfictions in this catagory for around half a year now and I've already decided that you are one of my favorite Phantom writers. You've placed so much more depth into Erik's character than most writers do. It's easy to write about an Erik that is extremely harsh and cruel, where you're always doubting if he truly does love Christine and where his madness has escalated to frightening and, at times, unredemable heights. It's also not unusual to read about an Erik that can forgive Christine so easily for the nastiest of things she does to him and who can be at times sickeningly over-romantic to the point where his actions scream about how unreal and inacurate his behavior and character are portrayed. (was that too harsh?) You, on the other hand, show him as fragile with the need of some tender loving care, but also with strength inside to never give up on Christine. He sees the best in her, like how he believes that she can see past his face to the person beneath. He is sweet many times in this fic, but you don't overdo it and let his desire for her get out of hand. He is, after all, every inexperienced with showing positive emotions and you give him that uncertainty and determination that show the sincerity of his attempts at affection. The spunk that you put into Christine is another thing I liked. I believe that she did have a stronger spirit and a sort of fire inside of her. It was just deminished when she relied on Raoul so much later on and her childish and cowardly nature took over when she leaned on him more. The romance you have in this story was genuine and came off as heartwarming. Both Christine and Erik were uncertain and confused, but there was romance between the two even with Christine's denial of her love. I only hope that Raoul never shows up and they continue on like this. But alas, I fear I must suffer the fate of hearing about the fop... I LOVE THIS! :D
KE1966 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
There are a few writers that can really get inside a reader's mind and paint a vivid picture of what is going on-you are one of them. The emotion between Erik and Christine was very realistic and well written, you've captured a somewhat "Lreoux-ish" Erik that I really love. Keep the stories coming!
Obscure Bird chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Awesome story. Really powerful stuff. It was really realistic - what with Christine's conflicting feelings and denial - and very moving. Great job.
LaJumelle9178 chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
There’s nothing that starts off a long work week as well as discovering a new story.

I was completely drawn in by Christine’s blunt and brutal honesty. You perfectly portrayed her inner turmoil and ambivalence toward Erik. While I hurt for Erik, I couldn’t help but appreciate how Christine expressed her confusion through pointed jabs that were guaranteed to bring him as much pain as she was feeling.

You did an excellent job slowly building the passion and anger until—finally intertwined—the volatile emotions ended in tenderness. I eagerly anticipate the next installment.