Reviews for Uncle Evan
Jerry K chapter 7 . 7/15/2014
I loved the story! and what I loved too was the fact that it was so well written grammatically and syn-tactically. OK, I had just come off several really excellent articles where the grammar & syntax were atrocious-and alas! being an English major, I notice such things. But really! there wasn't one passage I had to re-read even twice to have it make sense, and I thank you for that-it's harder than we think! And since Evan Lorne is one of my favorite characters in any Atlantis story, you really did give me such a wonderful read. Thank you so much.
lburton874 chapter 4 . 11/7/2012
Great story.

There is only error. Paul can not be on the west coast if he is based at CFB Winnipeg. CFB Winnipeg is not on the west coast it is in Central Canada in Manitoba. The only west coast base is CFB Comox - 19 wing. This really got me as I'm from Canada.

I love the development of the story line and Evan's personal challenges.
Mirwalker chapter 7 . 11/16/2011
Another amazing character piece, of course! Again/Deeper in awe at how well you 'grok' the characters as people, how you set up, show and explain their sooooo real experiences and emotions.

And, in this story we also get another step toward SGC with his test piloting, get several reminders about the hardships of that service (family separation, physical bruising and pilot's death), and one of the canon nephews arrives in namesake fashion.

So much done well. Thanks for sharing!
Mirwalker chapter 2 . 11/13/2011
Can't speak to the mechanics from personal experience (were cell phones recording sound in 2002?), but the ultrasound process sure seems to match TV/movies and stories I've heard. ;-)

Definitely a good scene balancing all your characters' trademark snark and compassion; very human. And that "missing piece" for Evan certainly suggests a nice nest-making instinct I'm pretty sure you build on in this and further pieces in the series.
Mirwalker chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Life here's finally settled down enough to give me to indulge in some pleasure reading, so of course I'm resuming your Lorne series for guaranteed high quality.

Love this transition out of "action Lorne" to more intently "home Lorne." We've seen lots of friend, colleague and even brother/son Evan; look forward to seeing who he is in the quasi-parental role here!
BrnEyesTX chapter 7 . 4/5/2011
That was wonderful.. so well written.. I have been crying through the whole thing.. had to get another tissue box.. dont know if its my current condition but it really really tugged on my heart strings for her.. and for EVAN.. the little guy has his name.. *crying again * that is sooo sweet.. who would not want Evan in thier family as a brother, uncle or son.. it really showed his character that he would move heaven and earth for his sister, phone calls, flights at 4am and putting the finishing touches on the baby room.. WOW.. *yep crying again* what a great story.. and if I could this one would get 5 stars! no 10 stars.. no wait elEVAN starts.. hheeheheh
BrnEyesTX chapter 6 . 4/5/2011
"I'm just so thankful you're not here telling me it was Drew who's plane went down ... I know that sounds selfish and I'm sorry for that but I can't help it."- Oh now there you go again.. getting me to cry like a baby.. I so know that feeling, when you are just so thankful its not YOU getting the bad news.. you feel for you friends, but feel bad that you are happy its not you.. *sniff Sniff* you sure you were never a military wife..*hmmmm* she is just lucky they have e-mail , I was really kick'n it old school with no e-mail, only snail mail and phone calls that were anounced a phone tree, 2 or 3 days before they may or may not get to use a phone.. and calls were usually at 3 and 4am and you couldn't hear that well with such bad connections overseas..
BrnEyesTX chapter 5 . 4/5/2011
Captain Tanya Reid-OMG.. love it.. take that!

but the last part of the chapter.. soo sad with a double heaping of sad, since now he is not coming home!talk about make a girl cry!
BrnEyesTX chapter 4 . 4/3/2011
I loved the reunion.. that was soo cool, all of them getting together and hearing how they are doing. and the toast ot Drew.. but the best part was the comment-last bachelor since yes he is the one with the 'Love' call sign."

and being BEST MAN.. again! too cool.. every chapter just makes me fall in love with Evan all over again!
BrnEyesTX chapter 3 . 4/2/2011
credibility of Lorne being able to call in favours -HAHA.. are you kiding me.. THIS IS THE MAJOR! he's Ev'alicious! he can oder the moon a'la cart and it would be delivered to him in under 10min.. I can see how he could get favors for this.. it really is WHO you know.. it has and always will be the good ol boys club.. so sorry for his sister.. thats just the way its goes somtimes... and yes we dont have to like it!, and as usual Evan is always looking out for her.. I just love the sence of family with all of them.. after all these stories all so inter-twined together.. can't wait to get to the end! as usual love the chap titles. cause the answer for this one was yes not to bad..but for her.. YES.. long and painful!
BrnEyesTX chapter 2 . 4/2/2011
you almost got me misty eyed.. I've been there too with two kids of my own.. but its all a fog, not very clear years later.. you really brought back alot of memories and would love to have seen Evan squirming in that seat! cause I think he would have jumped a few inches when they pulled her shirt up.. cause we all know after you have children there is NO MODISTY! when I read other stories now I will know why he has such a fondness for his sister's family! since he was there for the begining.. the very very very and very begining expansion! I remember when he gave his blessing to them.. ok now getting misty eyed.. this is so good.. EVAN worthy past! you have done our Major proud!
BrnEyesTX chapter 1 . 4/1/2011
dont sweat the small stuff.. cause there is no way your could drive on base with just an ID.. have to get a pass.. and with secuity today I think they need blood and your first born..LOL.. (no really),, and yes sometimes its very informal with the promotions.. think we just got letters sometimes.. "oh by the way.. you got a pay increase" .. I am still over the moon about the vid call for his sister.. I have sappy wet tears of JOY! it was beautiful they way you captured the whole scene.. *jumping up and down* I loved it! puts such a smile on my face! thank you.. YEA! for Evan!
immertreu chapter 7 . 10/6/2010
I totally adore this story! I think it's my favorite so far, but I haven't read all your background stories for Lorne yet.

I had to laugh out loud at times. Loved Evan's remark "Go, be a dad" at the end because it's soooo Lorne. :)

I also loved how you used phrases and ideas from "Impressions".

The painting he did for the nursery was a wonderful surprise. Evan is such a great brother/uncle/friend...

I was waiting for Lorne to be stationed at the mountain but Area 51 was a wonderful alternative. I'm gad you let him fly the 302. :))

Thanks for this wonderful story! I'll continue reading your other ones as soon as possible.
ladygris chapter 7 . 6/29/2010
WOW! So far, this one is my favorite. But I have to say that they all keep getting better. Looking forward to reading Science Fact. Keep up the good work.
Elaine chapter 7 . 4/21/2010
Aw, what a sweet ending!

I enjoy your backstory for Lorne so much, this is a great look into his character and how he will eventually end up at the SGC.

I'm looking forward to the net story in the series.

Thanks again for writing & sharing this with us.