Reviews for Chrona: A Boy Or a Girl?
Little Angel Boy chapter 1 . 1/11
This isn't a real story, but I've enjoyed it, nonetheless.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
I think he's a boy because I've never read the manga before and I've never saw the Japanese Sub.
Jayrock102 chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
In the manga it was confirmed that crona is indeed A GIRL and does act more feminine. I know this because in the manga medusa calls crona her daughter. But to avoid confusion in the dubbed version of soul eater they changed her gender to a male (don't believe me? Hook it up)
awesome1293 chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
BOY
coolman chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
chrona is a boy so girls shut the fuck up and deal with it.
poke-girl chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
GIRL
Lily Etolia chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Crona's a boy, Medusa refers to him as her son
name chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Well personally i wish crona was a boy...with the fact that if Crona was a girl she would have been a witch

the story will blankly tell you that crona is gender neutral and is only a personality with no gender stated

but something that is shocking is that... well the only way to agree on the topic is if crona was...both... but most people would more than likely just say no no no out of disgust...and i did to...but i some how excepted it being the most logical... even if it is the most disturbing
Anonymous-san chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I (personally) think of Crona as a girl. I thought that maybe, if Ragnarok was male and Crona was female, together they would look androgynous. Though, technically, the author did say that he neither knows nor cares about Crona's gender, so it's very likely we'll never know. I'm suprised you didn't mention the famous argument of Chapter 60 page 32... it doesn't prove much of anything, but it's still brought up at nearly every one of these arguments. I'm not sure about how a 'tragic past' would make Crona lean towards 'male', but whatever.
Enya's Music Box chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
Holy crap.

This. Has. Inspired me.

Anyways, this is a pretty nice little essay. It goes back into real-life situations, and it also throws in those opinions of both fans and the write itself. When I first saw this, I was like, 'Oh, great. Some "noob" ranting, again,' but I read this,and now i'm thinking, 'Wow, this is actually worth a review,'
Kal-orne chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Point one in argument for Chrona being a boy:

- Past of being abused

How does that prove one way or another if Chrona is a girl or boy.

that just doesn't make any kind of sence to me.
too lazy to think of a name chapter 1 . 5/17/2010
a girl. If she is a boy...im going to be deeply disturbed.
SibulaSiirup chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
well... my theory is opposite to yours... you see, my two sisters are psycologists and they explained to me that in fact boys are more agressive than girls. and you know that medusa wanted chrona to be agressive, so i think she could have made her daughter believe she was a boy, trying to give her at least a little more of agression.

so, i think Chrona is a girl who thinks she is a he.
Windsofdreams chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
The abused arugument doesn't work as a point that Chrona could be a male, I know a lot of girls who were abused emotionaly, mentaly and physicly by their mothers all of which wear dresses skirts and boy atire as they see fit

also You forgot Ragnorock the sword dude, he abuses & sexualy harasses Chrona regularly (pulling his/her dress up) which the reaction that chrona has to that is typical of a female, although I have not witnessed how a timid boy would react to having his skirt pulled up would be like

Plus I think at one point in the manga Medusa told Maka that she didn't want her interfering with her "daughter" though that could have been a translator's fault when Medusa could have said "child" in the original Japanese
StormySkys chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Very nice outlining of the gender arguments! I especially liked your explanation of the 'boku' thing because that had always confused me (not just in regards to Crona, in general).

My personal opinion on the matter is that Crona really isn't a boy or a girl. I mean, I know physically everyone...Well, no, the majority of people have parts that identify them as one or the other, but what someone is physically doesn't always represent their gender. I'm of the camp that views gender as a social construct. Gendered behaviour and gendered self identity are learnt starting from when we're in the crib. Whether a person is a boy or a girl has a lot to do with their socialization.

And Crona didn't have normal socialization. That's the source of his major crisis, isn't it? I think it's safe to assume only contact he really had (before Ragnarok, anyways) was with Medusa, who really does treat him like a tool - like an 'it'.

So yes. I don't think Crona ever had a chance to develop a gender identity, making him neither a boy nor a girl. Which is sad.