Reviews for Selfish
singing strawberries chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
T_T That was beautiful...
littleflowerkohona chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
That was sad.
carottal chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Well, I always like Near and Matt interacting. It's something we don't see in the manga but must have happened, so it's perfect for fanfictions!

I like how you depicted them both. The drunk yet odly relevent Matt who seems to understand the working of wammy's house (the idea of this kind of orphenage has always freaked me out) and can't really blame Mello, even after all he did, even if he's angry at him. And poor Near just trying to honour his promess. I think we can feel something like two loneliness clashing together. Matt's is obvious, Near's is quieter. I really like him and think he is, in fact, one of the ones who suffers most. Because he have to go on. In my opinion, Near is Wammy's kid's surviver and mourner before being the third L. That makes him a particularly interesting character. Oh, well every DN characters are interesting!

So thanks a lot for this intelligent intake of what would have happened had Mello asked Near to save Matt.
train to greenwich chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
...I don;t have very many words for this. All I can say... Jarringly realistic, bringing Matt and Near into the 'real world', so to speak, in a manner that still retains some form of distance and chill. Amazing, amazing.
MARVELCOMICS chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I love how you portray Matt drunk.

Inspiration for a funny story, you say? How about Mello getting drunk? I'd like to see that.

This story was really heart warming. I love you for writing all these amazing stories!
Miss Bright chapter 1 . 11/11/2010
I read this one months ago as well, but back then I had a slight disliking of reviewing old stories. lol. ANYWAY. I just reread it again, and I got the same feeling I got months back - that I wanted to slap Matt silly. Slug him in his ungrateful face. I do feel sorry for him though, but...gah! He should've appreciated Mello's 'sacrifice' and Near's efforts. The last line choked me up. Love the idea of Near paying his respects to Mello :)
Lalala chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Ah, very nicely written. I loved the characterization.
Scrapyard-of-Puzzles chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Nice story. I feel terrible for Matt now, but, all-in-all, very well written. Very realistic :)
girlfriday900 chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
That was beautiful, and I can just see it happening, too. So very very sad. I only hope Matt listened to Near. *sniffles* They were both so in character. Well, I assume Matt was in character cause I don't think he was ever smashed in the manga/anime, but you could really see how much he cared for Mello and that's what matters I think.

Do write something funny next, though. *puppy eyes*
BeyondBirthday'sBestie chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I can't believe how amazing you are.

This is truely inspiring.

It was wonderful how I can imagine all of this in my mine, so easily. If I had this talent, I would write novels. :)

So perfectly in character. I'm completely jealous!

loved it with all my heart.
Lucidique chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
Ugh... That was so insanely sad. T_T Imagining Matt so broken and alone like that... Matt the drunk is just depressing to think about. But it fits him so well, doesn't it? This was great. I'm jealous. /
Sarapsys chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Really good. of course, being me, I found your/Matt's commentary on the House really intriguing, and I also loved the details of the atmosphere you create, eg the painkillers. The electricity being off was really the icing on the cake, and I thought Near esp. was really IC-coming to try to help and ending up just making Matt feel worse with his brutal (almost spiteful) honesty. *thumbs up*
AlchemyOtaku0922 chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Amazing! I LOVED it! I could really feel Matt's pain :( Poor guy! Great job!