Reviews for Too Young
The Cretin chapter 3 . 5/1/2011
I like this contemplation on Cy's part and yeah, Raven in danger is BB's berzerk mode. This story is shaping up to be more than I expected. Hope to read more tomorrow. Keep rockin.
The Cretin chapter 2 . 5/1/2011
You sir I must say are awesome. I apologize for this being late but the last couple of days have been sad. The part between Star and Rob surprised me but at the same time it makes sense. How did BB and Rae make it work? I'll definitely be back to check on this. Keep rockin.
The Cretin chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Hi, finally got around to checking your work out. I picked this one if you don't mind. I can already tell I'm gonna like it even though its sad. The 1st chap was really well written and of a sound structure. You conveyed the sorrow of the situation very well. Hope to read more tomorrow.
FF8cerberus chapter 7 . 2/17/2011
Too beautiful and powerful to describe how I truly love this story. Honestly, my heart aches for these two lovers, but also is content with the fact that they stay together to the very end. Man, I'm so close to crying. You are truly a great person to be able to make something so pure and unadulterated out of this story. I am grateful and honored to have read this. I hope to someday make a bond so strong and true as their's. Thank you.
Emmey chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Wow. This is the only story that has made me cry. It was the most beautiful yet heartbreaking story I have ever read! Amazing job.
GreenRock chapter 7 . 10/14/2010
Well, the knife was slowing cutting away at my heartstrings before they were eventually cut by the conclusion of this story.

The combination of the lyrics (beginning and ending of this chapter, as well as throughout the whole story, but this one in particular), the final two/three paragraphs of this chapter, the unexpected death of Raven (and how the second to last paragraph connected with her death) and your closing sentence once the story had finished was just immaculatly written.

I've read plenty of stories where the ending just takes your heart and puts it through the shredder and they have been alright. This one however is definetly near the top of my favourite heartbreaking stories and well as one of my favourite short stories ever written.

I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for this piece of prose. All the praise that you've recieved for this story in the past as well as in the future (and for future stories) is much deserved and I for one wish you the best with all your future work.

GreenRock chapter 6 . 10/14/2010
The style of this story is definetly romantic, in its own sorrowful, saddened, sombre sort of way; but it is deifnetly tragic. Knowing that the final moments are just around the corner really snaps your heartstrings and forces the reader to pull out the handkerchiefs once those tears start emerging.

When you add in the smallest pieces of humour, it really does lighten up the story, just for it to be brought back in full circle to what the story is really about . . . that's very powerful stuff.

Plus, adding additional suspense in what Nightwing's probably going to say to Starfire after such a long time not talking to each other is a sweet red cherry on top of the cake.

GreenRock chapter 5 . 10/14/2010
Despite never listening to the song that this story is wholly based on, I like how they hold great significance to the main plot, not only of the entire story, but to each and every specific chapter.

Plus, a nice little life lesson for love in general; you gotta make some sacrifices and compromises in order for the whole sha-bang to work. That shows genuine realism.

GreenRock chapter 4 . 10/14/2010
Taking into consideration Steve's jackass attitude and behaviour towards Rae, I think we will gave a cheer when BB smashed him in the face.

The way that you show BB's ever-present affection for Raven, whether it be via word or action is really well written, believable and enjoyable to read.
GreenRock chapter 3 . 10/14/2010
Throughout the shows, we see certain sides to BeastBoy that we have grown to know and like him for; here though, you put him in a certain light that no-one could have even imagined seeing him in.

I don't think that it's OOC, I like to think of this as taking a certain characteristic that we've never seen from a certain character and using your imagination to play with that chracteristic.

Plus, I like how you keep coming back to questioning Raven's love for BB. Since you show BB's obvious love for Rae, she does not seem to reciprocate these feelings and so, you have to question her feelings.

GreenRock chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
The best strength I can pick out of this chapter is the way you played out each Titan.

Robin - this work obsessed entity who never seems to look past his duties and take heartfelt emotion (like love) in strong consideration; the brick wall of his superhero duty always seems to be in the way.

Starfire - bubbly, light-hearted, pleased for all her friends positive actions, no matter how big or small. Her joyous attitude clearly infectious, as shown in this chapter.

BeastBoy - happy-go-lucky attitude is crystal clear in this chapter. When he's happy, he wants to spread it amongst his friends . . . and it shows here.

Raven - she's a closed character who is never used to everyone's attention coming onto her. Her closed entity is one of her big characteristics, agian, played out well in this chapter.

Cyborg - depsite not receiving a lot of attention in this chapter, I feel that he's everyone's backbone; always supportive to all his friends and is willing to offer his congratulatories for any of his friends good-will.

GreenRock chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
This is probably one of the most saddening openings I've read. Yet, it is incredibly enticing.

To start off on such a sad note - such as this one - and to take it into a direction such as flashbacking (is that a word?) into the Titans' past, individually, is an interesting path to take. By doing this, it immediately grabs the readers attention and spokes their interest further in the story.

A very good start indeed.

JyrFalcon345 chapter 7 . 9/23/2010
well that was a saddening ending. nevertheless very much a worthwile read in my estimation. It's always interesting to see other people's writing styles and now that i've got the entire teen titans series on my terabyte drive, maybe i can come up with something of my own to contribute. A very good job sir.

Please, keep up the good work!

Bluesummers2012 chapter 7 . 9/12/2010
I don't normally enjoy these bittersweet endings (I always get down in the dumps). But I sincerely enjoyed this one and wouldn't have it any other way. (Well actually I would have loved to see at least one scene that revealed some of Raven's intimacy, not sexually, with BB; but since you were making a point with the whole thing I understand) Anyhow your story was tasteful and had a GREAT deal of depth, no doubt drawn somewhat from your own life experiences. I would highly recommend that you enter a contest or submit some of your original work (If you have any at this time)for publishing. I understand that you have more pressing concerns but I do believe that you have the ability. Anyhow, I look forward to your next tale. Well Done!
necro-wulf chapter 3 . 8/6/2010
You know, I've seen it before, but rarely so straight forward and brutally honest. Gar and Raven are the most powerful members of the team, when they pull out the stops.

Raven is a telekinetic empath who is essentually the antichrist. There's no surprises there.

But people forget about BB. He's the youngest, and the funny one, and the comic relief. But he's also able to tear a man in half or impale him at any point in any fight. He can be several dozen types of vemonous off the top of his head. Some versions can turn into mythical animals. Three words: .Dragon. Did you know they have a species of alien in DC comics that devour suns? Best hope that Gar doesn't.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »