Reviews for Sins of the Father
EmLou1987 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Ha ha loved this chapter. I hope it speaks well for the rest of the story. I will read more soon
x x x
szendrich chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
My hearty congratulations, Miss Bella Swan! For a review well written ... but more importantly, for the wisdom you have revealed behind your thinly-veiled disillusionment. I came across your review quite by chance while researching 'Sins of the Father', and I must confess that I had never heard of this slime-ball Edward Cullen before, nor am I interested in either him or his music (if, by your very erudite description, it can be classified as such!). What made me read on was the amazing mind of a young woman, who left off her childhood fancies and joined the world of mature adulthood. I commend you for your insight, as I am presuming that you are really still a teenager or close. Which says much about your strength of character and the glorious future ahead of you. :-)

I could probably give you a couple of decades or so in age but, I do hasten to assure you, that in spirit I am very much in tandem. I could therefore not pass up this opportunity to reach out to you in this most difficult time in your life, when you are on the brink of womanhood. Please do allow me to give you one piece of advice that may stand you in good stead in future years. If you digest this advice early in life, it may save you a great deal of heartache and disillusionment. And, possibly, give you a better chance at happiness in life.

My advice: Do not put your faith too hopefully in any living being because you will always be disappointed. Raised expectations tend to bring disillusionment because no one will ever measure up to your standards. People will ALWAYS let you down, even those who love you and truly wish you well. You must learn to rely only on yourself. Never look to others for love, friendship or gratification. When you expect nothing, it will come to you. But even when it comes, there is no guarantee that it will stay, so to attach too much hope in it will only refresh the disillusionment. To learn early in life not to rely on attachments to worldly goods or emotions, will release you from the unnecessary shackles that restrain or stifle your potential. Love unconditionally but do not expect a return. The return is often fickle and will not satisfy you. Trust me, all things will still come to you in their own good time. And these will be the only ones that will be beneficial to you.

On a final note ... try to look kindly upon your mother. You will see her differently when you grow out of this phase and, heaven forbid, it may be too late for you to tell her. She is a human being with all the failings that we all have. But in spite of that, she gave you life. So whatever her failings, she deserves your respect. Forgive her those failings and you will be forgiving yourself too one day, when you too will have to contend with angry teenage children of your own.

I hope, Bella, that you will somehow read my message. I wish you well. :-)

Simone
fireagate chapter 8 . 1/13/2013
So enjoying this. Your writing is so different from many of the fics I have read out here. Love the characters, the intensity and the humor.
fireagate chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
wow that was harsh. I'll read on to see if he deserved it. Bella sounds amazing by the way.
Guest chapter 15 . 1/3/2013
It was more it was her pride and dignity and self worth
RachellCara chapter 37 . 12/30/2012
great story, very different. i love it.
RobringsmybellHARD chapter 3 . 12/15/2012
Ummmmm not a fan of this Edward. Dickhead much? Not sexy at all. I'm hangining in to see if Bella whoops his ass. I really hope she does. What as ASS!
RobringsmybellHARD chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Ok I'm in... You've hooked me. I love Bella so far :-)

Much love,

Anna
LulaGrace chapter 36 . 12/7/2012
Well done, Gianna!
LulaGrace chapter 30 . 12/7/2012
Wow, way to handle things poorly, Rosalie! At least it was salvaged
LulaGrace chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
Ouch!
roxiegirl chapter 37 . 9/25/2012
Hey. Just finished this story! I loved it so much. A little bit of everything. And I really like a fucked up Edward that is reborn! Bella was awesome too! Thanks for writing it!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 27 . 9/15/2012
Why was playing Athair songs meant to be humiliating?
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 10 . 9/13/2012
WOW This is effing great! You are very clever!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 3 . 9/13/2012
He is actually despicable! Is he based on a specific musician?
2,278 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »