Reviews for Sins of the Father
marigold123 chapter 25 . 3/17/2012
Oh Jasper...we have a real girl for you...Alice!

Edward has a lot of thinking to do. I guess he could have handled meeting his mother a little better...but he's never handled it before. I hope somehow they can figure things out. So Edward hid for the day with Jasper. Bella is right...it was good he hung out and got away from what happened. He even drank water! What is boozing manwhoring Edward coming to? Will Bella and Edward ever talk about the elephant in the room? Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 24 . 3/17/2012
Joshua Tree is an epic album...one of my favorites! It worked perfectly with this chapter.

Ugh! Bella has fallen in love with Edward. I am sure Edward has fallen for Bella. The big question here is how are they going to deal with these feelings? Will they feel they are misplaced because of the trauma they went through? How long is it going to take them to realize they truly love each other? Enjoyed!
marigold123 chapter 23 . 3/17/2012
I kind of want to shake Esme. I do understand her freak out about feeling again. Renee is right Carlisle is in love with her...he has been for years. Esme is so afraid of letting someone in. She let Eoghan in and he hurt her with his Finian ways and then he died. She had to raise a son that could be conscripted into the Finian ways. Though Esme has money...life hasn't been necessarily easy. But ugh! She has a hunk of a man that wants her...I hope Carlisle fights tooth and nail to make Esme see the light.

Finally Esme and Renee catch up to the situation. They blame themselves...maybe they should...but parents always blame themselves. Raising children is a burden and a joy.

I am glad that Rose wouldn't let Emmett be noble and self sacrificing. He loves her. Wouldn't it be nice if love could be simple? Enjoying.

U2...a good Irish band on a still St Patrick's Day! Reading on!
marigold123 chapter 22 . 3/17/2012
OMG! Niall was going to make Edward brand Bella. Brand her so she was always his...Brand her so that she wouldn't be with anyone else. Damn! I loved how Edward refused and I was so freaked out too...I thought Niall was going to make Jane brand Bella. Thank goodness it didn't happen. Jane let them go? She must love Niall a lot to try to keep him from going beserker on her. What is he going to do when he finds they are gone? What does it mean to the rescue? Will they find Edward before they get to Niall? Or will they find a crazed Niall?

Your usage of Ni Bhaolain...is the feminine...means daughter of...perhaps Mc? Enjoyed!
theobsessive1 chapter 37 . 3/17/2012
Oh my God! you finished it! :D i was worried SOTF was just going to lie there, denied a HEA...but nope!

The ending was so, well, perfect for them. High drama, the moment when you think the worst, and the sweet little not...GAH. I adored every minute of this precious last chapter.
marigold123 chapter 21 . 3/17/2012
I hated it when Bella brought Edward back to reality...and his eyes shuttered. Edward is a good man and I think Bella is making him see that. He wants to try to save Bella. He doesn't know if he can...but he's going to try. Edward made love to a woman...not some groupie body...but Bella his Brit Bitch. The one he's come to like.

I love the way you are writing the emotions of these characters. Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 20 . 3/17/2012
I really love how you write Esme. She is a wonderful character. She has repressed herself...become the Ice Queen so that no one would know the kind of person she really was. She's kept her fears and feelings to herself. One would never think that Esme had fears by the way she acted. I love how you show us this conflicted woman...finally trying to find herself again.

"But I'd craved him—his vitality, his strength, his compassion. Things that I'd tried for so long to extinguish in myself in my role as the Ice Queen: the role that Carlisle had never truly believed." Carlisle has always seen Esme and I think, has desired her. Carlisle bided his time until Esme showed him her hand. Yes it was a cheesy line...but it drove Esme to his room for that performance. They fit perfectly together.

Now Carlisle leaves to rescue Bella and Edward. I wonder if Bella and Edward are still safe? Are they still at that cabin? I would think they would move Edward at least. Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 19 . 3/17/2012
So Edward now realizes now that his father tried to extricate him and his mother from the Red Hand. Niall is totally insane and Jane is even more so. I am thinking at any moment either could fly off the deep end. Edward has to realize there are no assurances for him or Bella. Bella may die either way. So Emmett ran off...is he going to try to get to a phone to let Carlisle know where they are? Will he make it before the bloodhound Jane finds him? Ugh! Loving the drama and suspense!
HoosierNina chapter 37 . 3/17/2012
I am glad you finished this! I really loved this unique story and I wish you well in your future original writing!
marigold123 chapter 18 . 3/17/2012
Things are changing rapidly for both of them. They are finding they really don't hate each other...and they may be feeling more than just 'like'.

I'm not sure what Edward should do about their situation. Saying he will be a part of the Red Hand doesn't seem to me to be the easy way out...though it could be. I'm still not sure what they will do with Bella and Emmett if Edward does agree. Will he have enough power to save them?

LOL! Love Urban Legends that come true! Edward dry humping...the manwhore of Rockin Roll getting off by dry humping. That has to be different for him! Then Edward gives Bella release. We may have to rescind his manwhore status. Yay!

Can Emmett get them out of there? Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 17 . 3/17/2012
I loved this! I loved the way you revealed Esme to us. She knows she's called the Ice Queen...and she wants to be Esme again. It is complicated...and so simple. Carlisle was totally taken in when he saw Esme in her dress...though I think he's always wanted her. Renee is such a fly in the ointment! There is complications...and Carlisle wants it clarified. Does Esme want him because of Renee...or because she wants him. I think we know the answer to that. Esme has kept herself hidden for too long...it's time she revealed herself.

Both Esme and Carlisle have a lot of guilt about the kidnapping. Esme for driving Edward to want his Irish heritage...Carlisle for hiring Emmett. I am hopeful Emmett will be safe.
marigold123 chapter 16 . 3/17/2012
I kind of like the side plots. These people are being thrown together by a common bond...someone they love has been taken from them. Well maybe all but Renee. I love the way you write her...damn she is such a vapid bitch. I love what Alice thought: "...Sometimes I didn't understand how my best friend in the entire world could have been birthed by such a superficial, social-climbing ho bag bitch." I hope that Alice continues to believe that Bella is going 'to make the best of it'. It is weird that these people are carrying on their lives while Edward and Bella are stuck in limbo. Rose colored glasses...be aware Alice.
marigold123 chapter 15 . 3/17/2012
"And now they apparently wanted me, just like I'd always wanted them to, and I couldn't wait to fucking leave them in the dust. That was family for you—you thought you wanted them until you met them, and you found out that they were soulless, weirdo motherfuckers." It has to suck...to know what you wanted turns out to be the wrong thing. Niall and Jane are sadistic. Niall is lost and totally unhinged. Living in some other world.

I can understand Bella and the sandwich. I think she's realizing that her free choice is gone...at least for now. What she is doesn't mean shit to these people. Bella is going to have to suck it up and survive. Where the hell is Emmett? Enjoying.
marigold123 chapter 14 . 3/17/2012
"I got my head but my head is unraveling","my soul is so afraid to realize how very little bit is left of me", I think Edward is in that spot. His life has been falling apart for a while now...maybe forever...but it's definitely come to the head right now. Bella is grounding him somehow...he doesn't really want to know how...he thinks she's distracting him. But there's more.

Well ugh! Aro and Jane make a fine pair. Jane obviously worships Niall. Niall is expecting Edward to take on his legacy...become an English killer. I sure as hell hope that Bella keeps her mouth shut and they don't find out she's an 'English'. I wonder what is going to happen to them now that they've been separated?

Today is St Patrick's Day...I guess I started reading this at the right time?
marigold123 chapter 13 . 3/17/2012
This is an awful situation for Esme...her son is kidnapped and her facade is cracking. Esme loves her son. It looks, too like Carlilse loves Esme! Carlisle's words gave Esme pause.

Oh dear...Renee the drama queen is coming.

I really like Alice. She sees people and what they are like. She also isn't afraid to be herself. Starstruck and also sticking up for Bella. Enjoying.
2,232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »