Reviews for Lamentations of a Backwards Leader
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Overall, I really liked this story, but the ending left a bit of a sour taste.

Catherine's introduction and the character's first impressions of Moscow were great, as was how the barbarians were described. The character's reaction to working out that he was ageless was interesting too. The Round Table was pretty nice. The Cruisers were an awesome detail.

A tiny typo. “Nothing happened for years. Decades passed, and the English were sure they had scare Him off.” 'scared'

“Even if her mindset is more modern, her people millennia ahead of mine, she fell under the animalistic desire all women have for honest, honest Abe.” Was this really necessary? Until this point the narrator didn't seem sexist, so this came out of the blue. Although the behaviour itself isn't OOC for Catherine, who was infamous for her many affairs.
Anon chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
Hell yea! Honest Abe might be a shitty leader, but he's a real man. a real dead man, anyway.

damn good, it's makes this Civie happy that creativity and stratigic skill arn't mutually exclusive.

from The Great Empire of England with love,

-King Oliver The Magnificent
That Mysterious Figure chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
By far the best Civ fanfiction I've every read, I'd love it if you wrote more.
BryanTheChosen1 chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Didn't Abe had Spearmen? You know what they says "Spearman beats Tank" LOL

Nice work! Hard to see there IS fanfiction of Civilization.
Fanatic Drone N chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
That cheater's playing on Settler...

Ah, well, I'm not one to complain: It's just plain fun playing with such an advantage. There's nothing quite like seeing a Mechanized Infantry blowing up enemy Longbowmen. I also like how you acccurately potrayed what happens to us large, way-above-the-pack Empires: No defense. It absolutely sucks to be thinking how awesome everything's going, and then Charlemagne gets delusions of grandeur and goes right for Krasnoyarsk with a dozen Macemen. I have to wonder, was this an actual game you played? I assume you were Him.

Nice to see the Civilization Series get updated here!