Reviews for Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts
ShadraRune chapter 12 . 6/18
Wait, are the unique styles Dream Links from DDD? Shining Hammer/Rising Wing and Darkest Fears? That's cool and a good idea.
ShadraRune chapter 11 . 6/18
Really nice so far, only one question: why are the command style names the Japanese translated ones, not the English version ones? Magic wish vs. Spellweaver, Fire blazer vs. firestorm, that sort of thing.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 42 . 5/12
Awesome job and loved the story:-)
JGM16 chapter 11 . 1/30
Sora was declared a hero along with Donald and Goofy in KH 2, also he did fight the Ice Titan on his own
stormnml chapter 42 . 1/12
1. First off, kudos to you for creating a very good (complete! I might add. There are some stories with promise out there that ave been abandoned...) KH fanfiction. It is one of the better fics with it's own original plot and worlds that I've read. So once again, kudos.

2. I really liked some of the things that you did with the characters. Axel making an entrance with a giant "GOT IT MEMORIZED?" was absolutely perfect. I also liked the little unique additions to the lore, such as the haori for masters. It gave the story some personality. The FF characters were pretty well done and in character, there weren't too many OOC moments and the moments between Snow and Lightning were pure gold. The villains you chose to add to the KH universe were also in character (except for the singing, but I'll get to that later) and actually seemed like they were supposed to be there. Most times I'll read something in the KH fandom and the villains will be generic or not make sense, but you pulled it off very well.

3. Despite all of the good, there were a few things story-wise (mostly in the beginning) that didn't really make sense or seemed too contrived and there were some grammatical issues that confused the crud out of me for a while. The beginning of the story had a few too many coincidences that were a stretch, such as Sora falling right near Aqua in the realm of darkness (it would have been much more believable if he had been wandering around a bit) and Aqua managing to get them to Yen Sid's tower at complete random out of sheer luck. Also, Aqua's lost powers subplot made no sense considering canon events. But, considering the fact that at the time there wasn't an English localization of the BBS, it's excusable.

4. On to the grammar, it was actually quite good. My two main criticisms are the commas and the cut-off sentences. Sometimes you forget to put in commas when characters are addressing each other. The cut-off sentences are jarring and can become confusing. The first time you did it in the story, I had to reread the line a few times to get it. It would be better if you separated the two statements like when a new person speaks (it basically is that) and telling us before the cut-off statement who the original speaker is.

5. My last issue: Author's notes in the middle of the story. I know you use it for clarification, but it's jarring for the reader. When you introduce a FF character, you should tell us what game he or she comes from at the END of the chapter. Make a list of the different characters you introduce and then put the name of his or her game next to it. Please don't type LOL when you write a punny or ironic line. If you do that, it takes away from the impact the line does. Also, generally when you describe a place, I can visualize it myself just fine without an AN telling me what I should think about right after it. Again, it takes away from the impact of the descriptions. Have a bit more confidence in your descriptions, they are quite detailed and effective on their own. If you really want to tell us something, put it at the end.

6. My personal opinion is that the songs were a little out of place. It sort of turned the story into Kingdom Hearts: The Musical! While I like a story with a good sense of not taking itself too seriously, there has to be a balance. I found myself skipping most of the songs because I felt like they did not really add anything. What might help is creating a separate story (or bonus chapter) that's a collection of one-shot's that include all of those scenes with songs in them. Then for the people who like them, (and the author's love of them!), can still read them. But that's just my opinion.

7. Overall, I have good opinions of this story. Most of the time it's well written and the plot is original and interesting. Please don't take my criticism in a bad way. I haven't read any of your newer works (but I'm working on it!), so I don't know if you have fixed these nit-picks or not. Everything is constructive, and whether you take it into account or ignore it, I'll still read pretty much everything you've written.

So, kudos. Definite kudos.
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 17 . 5/23/2016
Tee hee. Knew it. Welcome back, Axel. Or is it Lea now?
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 16 . 11/21/2015
Fire-throwing orb, huh? Sounds like a very familiar red-headed pyro to me. I can't wait to find out!
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 15 . 11/21/2015
Tee hee. Terra's causing trouble~! Well done! I love it!
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 13 . 11/21/2015
If. If is good. Well done! I love it! Glad to see more FF people here, even though VII's my favorite. Well done!
IsoldeAhlstrom chapter 1 . 11/21/2015
Way to go, Terra! You freed Aqua~! Well done!
EeveeKey chapter 3 . 8/10/2015
Well. The story is interesting but... I'm afraid that Aqua isn't the "last" Keyblade Master. There's Mickey, and since DDD, Riku. Yen Sid also was a Keyblade Master, but gave up his power I believe.
General Rhapsodos chapter 42 . 4/29/2015
I swear this adieu gets better and better every time I read it!
s.gill17 chapter 42 . 3/24/2015
What an awesome story! It definitely had the Kingdom Hearts feel to it. Friendship, love, loyalty, action! In all, a very good and amazing piece of work! Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I can't believe I've finished it. I look forward to reading more of your stories!
s.gill17 chapter 41 . 3/24/2015
Simple and Clean really worked well with the ending of the chapter actually! An awesome chapter! Little action but still, Kingdom Hearts isn't all about action. Not much else for me! Onto another chapter!
s.gill17 chapter 40 . 3/24/2015
An awesome chapter! Full of action and awesomeness! I find it strange that Sora kissed Xehanort, but it was Kairi's body and she did get saved by it... Finally Sora told Kairi! FINALLY! There's no more excuses and I'll be surprised if Kairi doesn't return his love after that performance! Can't wait to read the next chapter!