Reviews for Shadows in Flight
grossasstoenails chapter 2 . 5/1/2012
A little OOC... the first chapter was better. Scratch that. The first chapter was AMAZING!
joseph daniels chapter 4 . 11/8/2011
what! last chapter?:( Ok... i have not read ch4 yet but i have to say my bit before i get distracted. It is at worst a wonderful bridge into the next segment of the sagas united! At best a fantastic project in and of itself. The project doesn't have to be all letters it could be intermittent letters and story or just start with the letters and move into story. the three i have read may be short but i read them all with an enormous grin on my face. love the work, keep it up!
gallia chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
ever since i first read enders game Petra had always held a special place in my heart for two reasons because she was a strong woman and because she has my grandmothers name. The last page of SotG was the best, i felt it was such a shame,i was not sad for she is strong she could handle that and much more but the fact that she was so kind and she again was separated from her love.
Darby Franks chapter 4 . 8/10/2011
So i dont waste your time, the first thing i should say is that this is not a reveiw. But i would appreciate it if you would still read on.

My name is darby franks and i am a HUGE fan. I recieved 'Ender's Game' as a gift for my 12th birthday in febuary. Since then i have read the Ender quartet, first meetings, some of ender in exile, and the shadow series. I just recently finshed 'Shadow of the Giant' and since have anxiously been awaiting the relaese of 'Shadows in Flight' which i beleive will be in november. When i found this and read it, i was ,honestly, disappointed. Is this the entire thing? Or is there another novel coming? Is there somthing im not understanding? I would definetly appriciate a reply to be sent to one of my emails accounts (Which are listed below) because i am still hoping for a follow up novel to 'Shadow the Giant' and 'Children of the Mind'.

My emails accounts are: ; ; ;

- Darby Franks
lilkuizi chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Yes, I realize I'm reviewing my own story. But, this is a reply to Jacob Bierman who i can't PM because he didn't sign his review(I really hope he sees this). I don't know if by 'book' he means 'story'(although context suggests otherwise) or if he really thinks I am Orson Scott Card (which is a huge honor). Sadly, I'm not nearly as amazing of a writer as Mr. Card.

I felt too terrible to have Jacob being confused like this. I am merely a fan of Orson Scott Card. He would never write fanfiction. Shadows in Flight is, or is going to be, a book. As far as I know, there is not yet a release date, but Mr. Card has announced he will be writing it and i hope he does. You can be sure it'll be much better than my Shadows in Flight. Also, it's great that these books brought you into reading! There's so much more to explore.

Hope that cleared things up for you, Jacob! However, since I'm here, why not actually review. In third person of course. :)

This story sucks. It's not even a story, but I can forgive that. Some of the analyzing is insightful, but most of it is done at a 9th grade English class level. Anyone who decided to think things through a little could have come up with those conclusion. If you want to write someone serious based on Orson Scott Card, make it intellectual. Not to mention you delve into the analyzing way too fast. They have no reason to think like that, you have to somehow connect the little openings/greetings with the deeper stuff. Technical discrepancies are ok, we all make mistakes, even Card admits to make chronological errors. The sentence structures are also not very varied. You can do better.
Jacob Bierman chapter 4 . 3/24/2011
I must ask this one question will this be the very end of Shadows in Flight or will there be a book? Your books helped me in so many ways(I consider myself as a reader now). I would hate to see them go...
dan chapter 4 . 1/23/2011
WOW! Thank you for this. I have read Ender dozens of times, if not more. I was 'hoping' for closure, but not really. These chapters give me hope that here will be more about the lives of the people (no longer just characters) and how they used their power and skill to bring about change.

This is the most open I have seen Valentine, and would love to learn more!

Thank you, again.

Dan
Violet Saphira Darling chapter 4 . 1/11/2011
love this story so much. :) luv their banter, and their conversations. ahhh i want the real shadows in flight to come out SO. FREAKIN. BAD. lol sad u finished the story, but great job:)
Shachaf Rotem chapter 2 . 11/20/2010
i just read the first part of letter ender sentto car carby, and i must say that ender couln't move to Trondheim, or else he will have to live there for the next 3000 years untill "speaker of the dead" begin...

my point is that Ender visited about 24 planets before he visited Trondheim.
arielbqchotmail.com chapter 4 . 11/18/2010
I see that you have started the book as one of the shadow series; I’m assuming you will finish it as one of Ender’s series. The biggest problem that I see is that one series deals with the conflict between different groups of humans, and the other deals with the conflict between the human race and the alien race.

You solved the conflict between the different groups of the human race on Shadow of the Giant, why go back to it?

Please remember that Bean and Ender together sell. And that Neo Ender (Peter) has a cure for Bean’s condition.

Also remember that this might be the last book of the series, and that is important that all four races plus Jean (Neo Valentine) are in harmony at the end.

Will see what you right…
tenneyshoes chapter 3 . 9/2/2010
Question, did Alai and Virlomi really get married, or is that just a pairing you support? PS, great job, favorite part was, "I can't express in words just how wrong you are, my wife.
Buggerlover chapter 4 . 6/30/2010
This whole series was really interesting to read.

I don't think you got Ender's voice quite right when he was talking to Carn, and Carn certainly wouldn't have held a grudge against Ender like that; all of Ender's jeesh loved Ender, they didn't resent him.

Also, Virlomi learned her lesson and was humbled by her defeat at Suriyawong's hands. that's the only way she ever would have left Earth.

I do think you got Alai's voice perfectly in his last e-mail in that chapter - he was a religious leader too long to write like a battle school graduate any longer, and it seems you took that into account. Also, do I detect a hint of remorse at the fact that Virlomi is no longer his wife? Eeeenteresting.

All in all, very cool way to get into these children's heads.
Toby chapter 3 . 6/29/2010
I like the idea of a secret peace treaty/non-agression pact between the former battle school kids. Would like to think that part of why Ender traveled so much the first few trips was partly to work on these problems. Would be very cool if his covenant with the piggies and hive queen was not his first major peace treaty signed on behalf of people unaware of his negotiations.
Toby chapter 2 . 6/29/2010
Hi there,

How many times had Ender/Valentine visited Trondheim? If this is just prior to the start of Speaker for the Dead, Ender seems very childish, would have actually been closer to 34 or 35 years old. Would like to see him mentioning something about the cultures he was interacting with, a speaking, or something leading up to Valentine's treatise on ramen/varelse before it was published but an early version of the theory applied to the jeesh and different types of violence in humans (not extending the theory to aliens yet).

Hmmm the discussion of the buggers and loving them. Has Ender told any of his jeesh that the buggers are not all killed off? If he does not know, would be interesting to see if Carn continued to represent a more traditional military mindset regarding the dangers of the buggers, a pro-xenocide viewpoint. Something that could become dangerous later when it is revealed that Ender has brought them back... He is an admirer of Ender, but does not truly understand him or his motivations. Carn respects Ender, but Carn trusts his own judgment even when he is going the wrong direction...
detailsareimportant chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
The Starways code was established 1180 years after the end of the Third Bugger War.

(Speaker For the Dead pg 37)

Randall aka Achilles is known by Arkanian Delphiki at the end of Ender in Exile.

(Ender in Exile Chapter 23 email Subject line)

How would Bean be able to pick up Arkanian if all ships immediately depart from the planet after arrival and there is a 5 year delay before the next one. Arkanian wasn't on Ender's and I believe Arkanian was 12 during their Confrontation.

(Ender in Exile used as reference)