Reviews for Postcards from the Team
katdemon1895 chapter 6 . 4/30/2010
sad that this is second to last but oh well, everything is brilliant, loving the ninjas messing with duke like that and the flint and lady jaye bit was well done
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
Oh, my god.
After reading this...twice...I have only one burning, all consuming question eating at my brain. And that is this. The "Toga Incident." What, exactly, did this entail? (seeing as it was the combined evil sadism of my two favorite newbie tormentors, it must have been shatteringly epic. I picture Storm Shadow laughing his head off somewhere during the ambiguous events, however.)
Are you ever going to tell us? Or remain silent, and force us to fill in the juicy details on our own?
The Flint and Jaye bit was very well done. Seeing Keats quoted, and someone else who understands the symbolism of that verse, was just splendid.
"Spoil the Suprise" was just...oh my god mind-crack good. Snarky Tommy! Bantering with Snake Eyes! Implications of training agony in the near future! Me twitching in geek-overload! Memorable quotes! ("The student with no balls will remain ball-less forever" is going to be stuck in my head all day now, by the way.)
And Rangers are the ninja of the armed forces. This is a fact.
And you now gave me the mental image of Snake Eyes watching the Addams Family. Seeing as I have a Venus fly trap plant named 'Cleopatra', this caused a little geek-frothing. And I always love seeing Snake and Scarlett traumatize their fellow soldiers just a bit. Scarlett's right though...and Tommy would have DELIGHTED in tormenting Duke's poor, defenseless brain over that.
I'm done squeeing over the awesome now. Thank you, and I adore your fics.
Sunflare2k5 chapter 5 . 4/29/2010
"Global Integrated Joint Operating—sorry, sorry, I'm okay—I—Global Integrated Joint—I can't say that with a straight face."

So *that's* what the writers were smoking when they came up with this? :)

"Well, they put you under a vow of silence and molded rubber lips onto your mask."

You wanted they should go all Joel Schumacher and put molded rubber nipples on him instead? (I hope they didn't do that? I couldn't bring myself to go see the movie once I started hearing the reviews about it...)
Lady Jaye1 chapter 6 . 4/29/2010
Even though you found this chapter more difficult to write, it was very well done. Duke being the go to man when you don't want to suffer Beach's punishments was great. My favorite part was the Flint section, which I think was especially well done. You really delved into Faireborn the Rhodes Scholar and Flint the Warrant Officer and the interesting mix that makes.

Snake Eyes's first intro to the ninja masters was a riot, especially Stormy's adlibbing of Soft Master's wisdom and the realization that he could in fact speak English. The connection that ninjas and Rangers aren't so different was a nice bit of observation. The world should rejoice that Beach Head never learned and will never learn ninjutsu. Though judging from your last chapter, seeing as the spawn of Beach and Snake Eyes are friends, George Sneeden might just possibly pick up a few tricks from his ninja buddy.

Poor Duke, everyone loves messing with his head. It's just too easy.
zenbon zakura chapter 6 . 4/28/2010
lol finger walking? is that even possible?
zenbon zakura chapter 5 . 4/26/2010
hahahahahahahahahahha! i totally agree!

you got all the parts i hated and wanted changed! lol

tommy can't die! they can't do that to him!
Karama9 chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
That was cute. The kids sound like quite the handful... which does make sense, actually, especially with "Uncle Tommy" spoiling them rotten. Snake Eyes needs to hook him up with someone so he'll get kiddies of his own to spoil.

Good job on the characterization for Snake Eyes, too.
katdemon1895 chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
very nice, i think the "Drill Sergeant Sneeden: The Terror Continues" comment was my favorite bit, excellent ficlet, interesting reactions from everyone about the movie, wayne and jenny are cute, very much their parent's children,
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
This? Utterly superb. Utterly, completely, fantastically superb. Thank you for this bit of ninja family life, which was well done enough to make me feel rather inadequate.

And thank you. The image of a pissy Scarlett beating a hollywood film executive into a bloody pulp for putting her with PILOT!Ripcord just soothed most of my ire at That Damn Movie (Also referred to in my house as That Goddamn Fucking Movie).

"Lady Jaye with a lobotomy" actually had me with my head down on my desk, snorting rather indelicately in laughter.

And no, you don't need the ripped-off Iron Man suits when you've got Beach. He'll make sure you can damn well run if you need to. Though I'm now picturing a seventeen year old boy at his first day of Basic...Drill Sergent stalking along, glaring at the fresh meat...and then seeing 'Sneeden' on the chest of the young man with the rather broad shoulders and the vague look of 'nothing you can do is going to be worse than the training Dad already put me through. And that PT course is a didn't even use any razor wire, and half of these pogues are slacking and just barely trying to pass requirements. Lets go do hand to hand now...I've gotta few things to show you lot of slackers...'

Poor Drill Sergent. Beach will be SO proud! No, goddamnit, my son is NOT a goddamn jarhead...he's a damn RANGER.

And I would think that Snake could counter Tommy's barbs about that ridiculous mask by pointing out who got their ass kicked. All of Hollywood is going to be a smoking ruin by the time Beach and Covergirl finish with it, isn't it? Mess not with women with tanks, for they are automatically better armed than thou.

And all parents are masters of the Way of You Can Have A PS3 If You Keep Your Grades Up. Maybe an actual ninja could get past the final boss on ninja gaiden? (eighty-seven times, I died. I counted.)

And lastly, I for one salute our secret ninja-military-special ops overlords, and humbly ask if they could perhaps kidnap me in the dead of night and dump me at the Arashikage compound? I'll train hard, won't complain, and promise to only drool over the Phoenix Master and Kamakura occasionally and keep my hands to myself (though this is mostly because I like my fingers)
PhantomEmpress chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
Snake's reaction to the ilm pretty much sums up what i did in the theater... "Wtf?"

well written, as always, I like your approach to the kids. Seems that got Scarlett's sass in thier blood. hhehehe
Frog1 chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
This is a very good chapter! I loved seeing they're kids! Are you going do more scenes like this? I would love to see Storm Shadow's reaction to the movie!
Lady Jaye1 chapter 5 . 4/22/2010
It's odd, I was actually pondering the question of what would future offspring be like this very morning, only to find this chapter in my inbox. I think it was well done. Doing future generation stories can be tricky and don't always work, but this did.

I like the idea of the extended family of aunts and uncles, with Hawk being the granddad. You're right, there's no such thing as an ex-Joe, just a former Joe. I do think that they would all keep in close contact with each other.

I like how you referenced the GI Joe movie and the ensuing horror at viewing it.
willwrite4fics chapter 5 . 4/21/2010
Normally future with kids doesn't really appeal to me, but this was really well done and "felt right". The idea that they'd be subjected to and bitching about the new movie, too funny. SnakeEyes POV was nice. The bits about CoverGirl threatening to sue and then getting killed in the movie made me snicker, as did the mentions of Beach with his son going in to terrorize a whole new generation of recruits.

Lady Jaye1 chapter 4 . 4/20/2010
The whole chapter was great, though I do have to say that my favorite bits were the Cross Country one and the last one. Recondo is a lucky man, to not get beaten by Beach Head, though maybe our favorite ranger took some twisted pleasure out of his artwork (or resorted to psychological retribution over physical retribution.)
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
Storm Shadow and Deadpool seem to share a sort of sixth sense that alerts them to the presence of the audience on the other side of the fourth wall. Either that or Storm just likes to hear himself talk. Or both.

Or maybe he just likes annoying Snake Eyes. That could be too. Whatever the case, this was hilarious.

That right cross by Jaye was a thing of beauty. The sheer elegance and purity of it, coupled with Flint's crossed eyes and the way he hit the ground hard enough to register on the Richter scale almost brought tears to my eyes. When Snake Eyes gets the look of "HolyFUCK," you know you have landed a good punch. Kudos, Jaye.

I always KNEW that Destro and the Baroness turned to bourbon and whiskey to kill the pain of working for the Commander. A child with nukes really pretty much sums it up. I almost feel sorry for them.

And, fuck, I wanna hire a ninja for my local hockey team now. Just because of the awesome pictures you just put in my head. I predict that this will be the best sport EVER. Because hockey fights aren't already violent enough; throw a ninja with a large stick and sharp blades on his feet in there. The only thing that could make that cooler is by somehow including flaming motorcycles.

And the sound of one lung puncturing is sort of a wet, gurgling hiss, usually with some yelps of pain, choking and coughing up blood involved.(I might watch too many violent movies). This is, incidentally, the best koan ever and I plan to base an entire religion around it.

And if I saw the image of a perky BeachHead, I'd wet myself. We should put this image on all tanks, aircraft, motor vehicles, and ammunition used by our armed forces. I predict that our enemies will actually die of sheer terror.

In long-winded ramble-speak, this means that you are awesome, and I love these drabbles. Thank you.
53 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »