Reviews for Postcards from the Team
Sunflare2k5 chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
"How much is too much":

Storm Shadow probably picked up the habit of monologuing during his time with COBRA... I don't think it's curable. :)

"Cobra Commander never changes"

I could see his staff being driven to drink over some of his schemes. (Though "Cold Slither" was kind of catchy?)

"Snark in the face of death"

Course BeachHead would be flattered by this; the last thing the Cobras see is his snarling visage welcoming them to the miseries of the afterlife they deserve! :)
katdemon1895 chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
i can't stop giggling, this so rocks, especially the stuff on the missles and storm narrating to get on snake's nerves, absolutely hilarious, random bit, would snake eyes be annoyed or rather proud that in the religion bit based around him, storm and scarlett no one is really sure that he existed- after all, part of being a ninja is to make things happen without anyone realizing that you were the cause of it but at the same time he can stand toe to toe with the 'enlightened' storm and beat him often enough that he should get some credit, whatever, i'm just going to go back to giggling at the hilariousness of this ficlet, yay for your laptop getting out of the shop soon though at the same time sad that you're running out of prompts
Karama9 chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
Very funny... I love the Mr Exposition ninja, especially Snake Eyes' "Now you're just doing it to annoy me". I think Storm Shadow LIVES for the invisible audience. Plus he likes the sound of his own voice... familiar soothing sound to his delicate hearing, you know?

Joe insanity is always fun too, and banning ninja from sports competition is just common sense, really.

Destro and the Baroness sharing the misery of working with an even more unhinged Commander than usual following a concussion was very nice too.
willwrite4fics chapter 4 . 4/18/2010
Most amusing. Floor hockey is highly entertaining to play.. you just have to remember whether you're used to slick or grip soles on your shoes. Disremembering that detail can send you into the floor in a hurry. No ninjas allowed is probably a fairly standard rule for most sports in the Pit.

Now i'm curious why Beach wouldn't pound on Recondo.
katdemon1895 chapter 3 . 4/17/2010
hilarious and awesome and i wonder what the joes reactions would be if they were confronted with the people of the first drabble, the idea of storm as an enlightened being cracks me up and i'm sure it'd get some laughter out of a few of the other joes, the bits about storm and snake's interactions in vietnam are also rather interesting, looking forward to more drabbles or to when you get your computer back and can add more to annie's story
Faye Kinitt chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
really loving all the little ficlets, they are great fun
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
Any religion that enshrines semiautomatic machine guns as holy relics can sign me up.

Why do I think that any religion based on him would earn Storm Shadow's stamp of approval? And I rather think that Scarlett would greatly enjoy knowing that she will be revered as a goddess figure in the future. And this comes straight from Storm Shadow; the answer to discussion question number one? Infallible. Why? Because he is awesome.

The koans were awesome. Especially since I can picture the actual, somewhat less elegant language that would be used. Particularly by Beach. "When we meet again amongst the obstacles, you will be forced to lever yourself many times against the ground," Translated. "Goddamnit, you smart-assed little spook...yer gonna be doin' pushups until you goddamn fuckin' DIE tomorrow mornin' when I get my hands on yer scrawny ass at PT..."

Epic. And I also highly approve of mocking high-on-themselves academic textbook authors. I always get the impression that they read more meaning into some things than actually exists. And an extra ten geek points for making me think of Inego Montoya.

Extra credit also for giving Tripwire a bit. He is under-loved.

No Humans Allowed was particularly good. I like digging around in the ninja's heads, and you did it splendidly here. I also like the idea of Tommy giving Snake his name, and this is actually a better explanation than the comics gives, in my humble opinion.

And Swiss Army ninja? Just hilarious. If you can wear a bright yellow mask and still kick ass, this just proves how awesome you really are. Just saying. And actually, I can see 'break into small pieces, preferably with maximum tissue damage' playing a part in ninja break-ups. Pacifists they are not. Though if I had a ninja in the family (well, aside from begging them to train me) I'd totally try to sic them on people who irritated me. I mean, come on...evil boss? Ninja. Irritating co-worker? Ninja. Actually, ninja would be my new answer to all of life's problems.

And it doesn't work. Kamakura can ask his sensei about that. They'll still find you.
zenbon zakura chapter 3 . 4/14/2010
lol can't

cobra took dibs on antartica already
PhantomEmpress chapter 3 . 4/13/2010
omg the sutras... ahahhahahahahaha
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 2 . 4/10/2010
Okay.

The image of riding the Serpent Mother robot on a fiery destruction-orgy of flaming awesomeness made the pyromaniac buried not too deeply in my brain start twitching. Sure, you'd be promptly beat down by a crazy ex-model in a tank and a ranger who is just relived to be shooting stuff instead of hanging around with a bunch of hippies, but that might almost be an acceptable way to go out. Also, Covergirl tormenting BeachHead will never get old. Though if she DID decide to wear that particular outfit as her uniform, I predict male morale in the Pit would be FANTASTIC.

And BeachHead plus mimes equals severe mental trauma for one of the parties, and I doubt it'll be Beach. Heh.

And you know Destro and the Baroness do that ALL THE TIME. I've long maintained to friends and family who are geeky enough to care that the Baroness is the lone reason Destro puts up with all of the Commander's crap. And what would you call grape soda and vodka? A Purple Russian? I'm going to try that now.

And Snake and Scarlett ARE cute together. I can also absolutely see Tommy doing this, purely for his own amusement. Loved this bit. The "Not quite. You see, when a mommy ninja and a daddy ninja love each other very much-" line and Kamakura's subsequent mental scarring made me crack up.
slapshot22 chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
Another great set of ficlets! I loved the "old fashioned ninja." I'm glad that Jinx clarified with ninjas come from! Who knew? ;)
PhantomEmpress chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
"You see, when a mommy ninja and a daddy ninja love each other very much-"

Gahahaha. These little vignettes are wonderful. and yeah, Snake Does strike me as an old fashioned kind of romantic.
katdemon1895 chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
this fic is completely awesome, though ninja could also come from when a daddy ninja and a pretty southern belle seargant love each other very much

the mime bit was probably my favorite, looking forward to what else you come up with and to when your laptop is back and more in 'order up' can be added
Frankizzle chapter 2 . 4/9/2010
Oh wow... loved it, loved it, loved it, particularly enjoyed the ninja apprentice banter, felt sorry for the mime, being shown up on his own turf and all that... LOVED 'Photo Op', Beach Head and Cover Girl were just meant to be XD

Another drabble about Storm Shadow training the new recruits, and picking on Jinx and Kamakura just a bit, perhaps?

Can't wait for more!
willwrite4fics chapter 2 . 4/8/2010
Poor mime.. well.. if I liked mimes. Go Scarlett for showing up the mime. Burning Man IS weird, and I loved my favorite pair there. Beach will end up with an ulcer for all we put him through. Ninja apprentices. awesome. Loved it, with them terrified they would be caught, but kind of knowing they were going to get caught. Jinx rules totally. Love her. Thanks for another awesome chapter.
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »