Reviews for Postcards from the Team
Karama9 chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I really like the idea of forms designed just for ninja-related incidents... I'm not surprised at all Duke would like some. The scene with Tommy and Snake Eyes was great, I really liked how you portrayed both of them. The beginner shuriken explanation was very convincing.

Nice little drabbles. :D
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Haha, I absolutely loved this. The image of Spider-Duke is too great. Oddly, I've always thought of Snakes Eyes as being a Midwestern farm boy as well, from someplace like Iowa, Illinois, or Nebraska. I guess great minds think alike. Of course Tommy, being a Californian who spent part of his life would be a bit ignorant of 'farm country.'

Also enjoyed the Girl's Night Out and Duke's ranting about Joe 'discipline'. Also loved Beach Head's gift. I don't think he can return it or get another if he breaks it.
willwrite4fics chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Duke allowed photographic evidence? Shame he's slipping like that. Teehee. Liked the early Snakes/Tommy/Stalker bit. Yes, hunting starts very early here in the south too. Very good. Good to see hawk knows better than to object to the pairing of his Intel and ninja. Plus.. "Aw, cute!" Hopefully no throwing stars embed in me for saying it's darling.

Girls with brains do find the MOST interesting things to chat about. And adored the latest attempt of Beach to show how much he likes his girl with a present of a captured trooper. What? Did he accidentally blow up all the tanks? His comment of "You're pretty" is either more proof that Cobra troops aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.. or proof he's been concussed pretty badly. Hopefully Beach doesn't twist his head off before they can use him.
zenbon zakura chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
lol cute! the alst one lol
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Spider-Duke: That's called "taking one for the team". :)

Sleepy ninja: Aw... he's so cute!

Too human for this: You might want to consult with Johnathan Crane about the proper handling of scythes? )

Symbolism: I knew Scarlett was going to object to that lesson plan! :)
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
And you criticize ME for giving you the mental image of Snake Eyes in a leisure suit. And then turn around and make us picture Spider-Duke.

Lime green leisure suit. Like the one from my dad's high school yearbook photo.

Spider-Duke. Duke plus spandex. I'm going to gouge my eyeballs out now. Thanks a LOT.

This was hilarious and awesome. I particularly enjoyed the 'Sleepy Ninja' bit (Me? Ninja favoritism? NEVER...) It's a sweet picture, and I love how Hawk basically shrugged the whole thing off.

That and Snake Eyes' first introduction to shuriken. Awesome. Pure awesome. Particularly because if Snake Eyes is from Iowa (Like Kirk!) I'm pretty sure this makes me awesome by virtue of association. And it's true about the tendency to learn proper knife usage in Midwest farm country...I'm from deep farm country, my grandparents own a thousand acres, and my grandpa gave me my first pocketknife at six. Since I was a girl, it was pink. I've graduated to larger armaments since then, and it's also true about hunting. In Iowa, you go hunting with your Dad as soon as you legally can. You hone your shooting skills with a .22 rifle and squirrels before that. And venison is delicious. I've cleaned the last of the cuts out of the freezer, and will now have to wait 'till fall to get myself more. Boo.

Holy shit, it's true about Dracula. Bram Stoker was very, very much a product of Victorian-era sexual repression. And Jaye's impromptu instruction on the phallic symbolism integral in swords and the application of this to their teammate had me on the floor laughing. And aren't you SUPPOSED to tuck the little umbrellas over your ear after you finish the drink? News to me if you aren't.

That comic with Duke always made me laugh. It's a saying in the military that no combat-ready platoon has ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready platoon has ever passed combat. The Joe team would definitely fall into the former category. And I rather feel for the G.I. Joe officers. They must see enough weird shit go down to send lesser men twitching to the nuthouse.

And Beach gets the BEST presents for his girl!

Thanks for this, looking forwards to more, ending unnecessarily long review now.
slapshot22 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I like this idea a lot, and these are all really good! I can't wait to see what other "(adjective) ninja" ficlets you came up with! Thanks and great work! :)
PhantomEmpress chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I'm in love. these were just what i needed this morning! too cute, funny and well written!
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4