Reviews for Galactic Railroad
meckie-chan chapter 1 . 8/22/2014
I didnt like it...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
chibikaoruchan chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
I reviewed this before, but I re-read it and I just need to comment again.

Wonderful, amazing fic. It's one of the best I've read in some time. Love the way you portrayed the Perfect pair as well as their relationship. Even though their 'love' for each other never tire out, and it may sound cliche, but I think it definitely fits Tezuka and Fuji's styles to hang on to the things they love. If Tezuka can sacrifice his arm for tennis, he can definitely do much more for Fuji.

On the first read, the fic sounded much more fluffy than angsty, but upon reading it a second time, I realized a lot of things written between the lines. Somehow, it's easier to feel the troubles they had to go through without even having to describe it. But that way it makes their strong feelings for each other even more sweet since it keeps them together despite all the hardships.

I have absolutely no idea why, but I started bawling my heart out when Tezuka said that after thirty four years, he'd still choose Fuji first. It's just... so sweet. /

In the end, Tezuka arrived at his 'destination' and is only missing Fuji. The ending was actually very, very sweet. It's upon reflecting their past and realizing that Tezuka's alone that makes the whole story angsty. But Fuji will join him soon, right?

Wonderful, wonderful fic. Absolutely love your genius, creative mind.
TheEndofTag chapter 1 . 3/20/2011
awww, the ending is so sad. But then that's life. I just love all those sweet moments between them!
EmeraldSapphirine chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
aww its so saadd... especially when you showed how after seventy years nothing had changed between them

i just hoped it was female Fuji here because the idea of getting old together and loving one another beyond death, they were realistic themes and were portrayed so well... it's just that it would be more fitting if the characters were a guy and a girl, real couples I mean.

It makes me wonder, with no kids and just the two of them won't they really get tired of each other though maybe that IS true love

But I don't find much depth in their relationship here since there was no family (of their own) and no problems aside from their family objecting them. it was just the two of them and their love for each other...wasn't that quite ideal or too teenage-ish?

But you handled and wrote it really well. The descriptions, the mood were great. The way you worked with the idea and the plot was amazing, too! It made me feel the loneliness, nostalgia whatever it is...

Great job!
ParnWellWishes chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
i didn't even see that coming.. nicely done...
Anu chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
it is really beautiful,but u shouldn't put it under Angst category.
speadee chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
This story is unique with a good idea: taking a train to the afterworld. It reminds me of the Phantom Train in "Final Fantasy 6." Those who died take it to a place for final rest. It also reminds me of the statement, "Your whole life flashes by before you die." Good job using that for the story! Captain Tezuka was pretty much seeing things from his life on that train.

When I saw the title and summary, I thought it was about Captain Tezuka on some high-tech or space train thinking about the past or looking at photos. I was too stupid to figure out it was about death, even with obvious clues.

When you mentioned that Captain Tezuka wouldn't need the umbrella, I wondered why. Then I thought his umbrella was probably borken, or he would be traveling to a place with very little rain. Other possibilities that ran through my head were institution, prison, or suicide.

Then I saw "She was too young. Her father as well. Old men like himself, they should ride this train." I thought it was because the train was old and unsafe. For some reason, when you said "old men like himself," I thought you were talking about the girl's fahter. Well, my mistake. I'm thinking that the girl and her father probably died in an accident.

It wasn't when read about Captain Tezuka waiting for Fuji that I suspected death. However, it was already too late because it was the end, too late for me to do any more figuring out. How did Fuji know when he will die?

To tell the truth, Captain Tezuka's family is very strict and traditional, so they would be less likely to accept their relationship than the Fujis. Then again, only Fuji's father didn't accept, and the series doesn't really say anything about him, except that he works overseas and is hardly home.

If Captain Tezuka and Fuji can't have kids, they could have adopted. They could probably have gone to a country that allowed gay marriages, and gotten married there, then go back. I guess you needed to leave those things out for your story.

It sounds like Kikumaru couldn't make it to Oishi's place. I thought that if his friends were there, he would want to be there. Then again, Kikumaru mostly talked to Fuji, and not Captain Tezuka, and this story is from Captain Tezuka's POV.

I also don't think their friends would only talk about children, or that they would lose all their friends because they didn't have children. At least Oishi wouldn't be like that... well, you did mention him calling them about the divorce.

Did the divorce have something to do with the Golden Pair? Oishi's family is also strict and traditional, though not as much as the Tezukas, so it seems like his parents probably wouldn't have accepted the Golden Pair's relationship. Being obedient and well-behaved, Oishi probably settled with a girl to please his family. The marriage could have been arranged as well.

I'm glad they were able to be together for so many years. It's good that they were able to have good things come out of bad things, such as the death of Fuji's father meaning freedom and gay relationship giving them less problems in the long run. However, I don't think every single one of their friends would have so many family and money problems. All families will have problems, but I don't think the part about not getting along and divorce would happen to every single one of them.

I almost burst into tears at the end and over some of the events in the middle. It's good you were able to make the deaths not so emotional. At least you didn't go into details over the grief, or it would have been too much for me. I could still feel the loneliness and loss.
lemon-and-chai2B chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Awe, I realized after the part about the little girl that Tezuka might be dead, but it was so sad, and so pretty too. Arigatou nee ~
FujItachiHa chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
WOW.. the story was AWESOME.. i dint expect that ending.. wahaha.. it was great.. i loved it! nyaha.. XD

Write more, ne? XD
ka3nahimesama chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Ah Ann_chan! Finally found you here!

Again, love this beautiful story!
ZukaFujiZone chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I love you for this story. Do you know why? Because you portray their whole life's relationship extremely well. It's not perfect, and they must go through difficulties, but they always manage a way to stay together and complete each other. And also, the ending, full is hope, is enough for me to consider this fic as romance rather than angst. It's not a tragedy or even angsty for that. It's just extremely sweet and, really, the ending was the best. The title is mysterious, captivating, and the ending... the ending... *Shiny eyes*

One thing I'm really proud about perfect pair is that it's easy to imagine them still being together at a really, really old age. Other pairings are hard to imagine, like TezukaAtobe or TezukaEchizen as old men and living under the same roof... those images come wrongly to mind, whilst Tezuka and Fuji being old and still living and walking and standing by each other is easy to imagine. They ARE the perfect pair, after all.

So, yes, once again, I must praise you for a fic well done. You have gotten so much better! A genius!

So really, stop saying my fics are good. Because it's obvious yours are so much better.

Love you, sis. XD
Nanomachine02 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
My most sincere congratulations for your fic. The story is short but perfectly describes all the elements that describe the relationship between Tezuka and Fuji. I always thought Syusuke and Kunimitsu are made for each other and a story like yours reinforces my theory that between them there is something really special. The ending is so sad but there is always hope. The hope that comes from love. You are very good at writing, so be sure to do so. I hope to see another beautiful story of yours about Tezuka and Fuji.
masi chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
I knew he was dead! Well at least Tezuka was happy with Fuji while he was alive. I really loved that they have all eternity together, Tezuka just have to wait.
Hero'Heroinne chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
i read it thinking fuji was the first one who died, then in the end, tezuka was dead and i don't know, i like it A LOT. love it ;3
a1y-puff chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Oh wow, such an interesting concept. I suspected it would be something like this when you mentioned that a little girl shouldn't be on that train. But partly, that's also because I know the song, and it has that surreal feel to it, which you managed to convey in the fic. And yes, I do recognize the song :D

The flashbacks were lovely and bittersweet. I love Fuji's rather childlike logics, yet they DO make sense xD

It felt like I was on a ride through Tezuka's memories with Fuji, and I like it! Oh yes, you managed to insert the quote too x3

Umm. Dunno what else to say other than THANK YOU FOR WRITING ME THIS! Love it much! :D