Reviews for Restoration
snapeisabamf chapter 1 . 7/30/2015
Your writing is literally my writing goals. Amazing job.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
This is really good. My Shenko feels are in a bad state because of it, but it really is lovely. Good writing, good capture of Shephard's character. :D
waiting4morning chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
This is amazing. I love, absolutely love how you've woven the vision from the Prothean beacon into this story (it was one thing that was glaringly missing from ME2). I love the uncertainty, the... well the everything. :D

And... you're 16? I wish I wrote half this well when I was your age.
Kitarri chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
Good story! Looking forward to reading more of your work!
Elyssa Brown chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
You did a very good job of relaying Shepard's feelings. I could really feel her anguish and her drive to stop the Reapers/Collectors. I hope you continue to write more Shenko.
Alessa B chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
The description of thoughts, feelings and scenery with such precision and cohesion makes this wonderfully written fic a truly amazing read. Thank you for sharing it!
anonymime chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
This was a fantastic piece of writing. Tonight I sat down with one mission: read one good fic before I go to bed. I started about three, and yours is the only I finished. Needless to say, mission accomplished. The description, the cadence, the characterization - everything is just perfect. And the characterization of the romance is perfect too - I like my fluff, and I love my Kaidan/f!Shep but honestly, most times I'd rather read a realistic portrayal of the characters - a marine, a woman with a duty who had something at one point, but realizes there is something greater at stake - not some silly girl pining after a short affair and whining that she doesn't get to see her boyfriend.

This was just such an enjoyable read. I loved, loved, loved this line in particular (although there were quite a few that hit me as 'wow')

"And she's right back where she started, with the urgency of the beacon's warning burning hot in her consciousness, and with a pursuit splayed out before her, and with no team to stand behind her."

Because all too often the fact that it's only been a short time for Shep is casually mentioned, but very rarely is it expressed so thoughtfully.

So, uh, thank you. Keep it up, kiddo.
Republic Of Gamers chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wow, that was great; not just because Kaidan is continuously in Shepard's mind. There was subtle understanding, and more with Shepard logical need to get the job done, because she can, no matter who is with her. Well done, thank you for a nice read. Kaidan had better come back with a big bang in ME3 or I will go crazy fangirl on BioWare (not really). :P

Bex
Doc Peasant chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Maker's breath.

I'm ever amazed by the amount of talent I stumble upon in FFnet. Honestly, I'm still getting my mind around the fact that you're sixteen, and already putting out stuff like *this*. So I read "Restoration" and was hooked right from the start, and then out of curiosity check your biography, and the massive anvil or realisation drops on my toes. Ouch. Now I feel like I'm two-hundred years old.

It's actually scary, the way you write, sometimes it feels like you're relying on years of experience to come up with the sort of imagery that you use in your pieces, or maybe it's my non native English speaking brain imagining things - but I know it's not (or maybe you *are* a Reaper, and are indoctrinating us all). How can someone, your age, capture the act of dying in a way that makes me believe that that's what people *feel* when they draw their last breath? Also, you've corrected a major annoyance I had while playing ME2, which was "why the hell is Shepard so damn *cold* about some of her former team mates, namely (especially!) Kaidan Alenko, and why oh why doesn't she rush to the Citadel, immediately after assuming command of the Normandy, and try to find Kaidan and tell him that she's alive!" Makes perfect sense to me now, if Shepard had some sort of post-traumatic-resurrection amnesia that simply pushed all non-essential memories to the background. The scene in her quarters when she finds Kaidan's picture just made *sense*. Thanks for that.

Please keep writing. I mean it. :)
Maplefrost-232 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Omg AMAZING Sissy! Fave parts were:

"She struggles with dying ferocity in rebellion against her body's failure and thinks of the Reapers, of the threat she hasn't quite managed to stop, and the vision burns hot in her mind and entangles itself in her fading consciousness as shadow begins to seep in.

She feels the pain bleed away into the void threatening to pull her down into it and thinks of Kaidan, and the world is sapped of color and the clench of some indeterminable emotion shudders through her with the last whisper of awareness.

And then she goes still in the blackness of space and thinks of nothing at all."

AND ALSO:

"She dreams, first. Of the Reapers, of destruction, of death and the chaos they will bestow upon the galaxy as a whole. Like it had been in life she sees the Protheans brought to ruin, a long-lost message from a piece of ancient technology, a tattered story and a weight she bears the brunt of. She feels the panic and the distant flavor of horror, the urgency of needing to do something about it, but finding that she can't. Because she's dead. And she isn't supposed to be dreaming.

She wakes to pain and bright light and the chaos of the world, and somehow, that seems unfair as well."

And "The vision burns hot in her mind, and she sets her jaw, and with one last breath – inhale, exhale – Commander Shepard strides onward into the shadow."
Jen DeClan chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I assume the position and say "I am not worthy" several times. The description from beginning to end was awesome, making me feel that awful moment again when i played ME2 the first time and was so shocked to see our hero DIE. You really got into her head. What bugged me about ME2 was Ash sends male imported Shepard a message, giving hope they can continue because she apologizes. I would have liked Kaidan to do the same because how he acted and what he said really bothered me. You put another spin on that for me which I thank you for since I really liked him in the first game. If this is your "attempt" for this universe, then I can't wait to see what you come up with when you really TRY. Excellent as always-visceral-cutting edge, serated to the bone description.