Reviews for By Man or Saints
VoicesOffCamera chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
Fantastic story! I loved it! I love the way you made Connor so tough on Murphy when he was trying to get answers from him. I feel like so many people write the bothers as too mushy gushy and too soft. This rang so much more true to me. They are not so gentle with each other because they don't have to be. Like the scene in Boondock Saints 2 on the boat when they're touching up each other's tattoos and Murphy playfully stabs Connor with the needle when he was making fun of him. Great job capturing their true personalities! :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Great story!
EverloyalPoptart chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
I appreciate that the boys are in character the whole time. It seems to be a problem with writers in this fandom, keeping the characters right, but you did beautifully.
calltheangels chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
Poor Murph :( But it's all good, they got Roc's killer in the end. This was very well written, i was sucked in after that first paragraph, great descriptions!
amyblair chapter 1 . 6/1/2010
This was really good. I thought you nailed the brothers. Just awesome. Great job!
Cerridwen7777 chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Great work. This was fantastic, thanks for posting.
heroofcanton chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
This is REALLY GOOD. Seriously. Thank you for keeping this within the realm of possibility for the brothers, it makes it that much better!
RNandSniper chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
for the record, I do not believe Wyatt Earp died in a blaze of glory... He survived the OK corral and went on to act in westerns... lol... sorry... onto the legitemate review... (also sorry for any grave spelling errors, obviously not my forte)

So I read it early than I thought. But my brain's otherwise fried, so I decided to entertain myself.

And this was definetly entertaining.

I liked the removed tone with which this story reads as. It's like your in the room watching everything. Its a very interesting way of presenting a story.

And your bit in the authors note about shite vrs shit, to the point I believe it was about your writing of the characters the way we (as in mostly N. Americans) would understand it. It hate it when authors try to write excessively in an accent they don't understand. It just about makes it impossible to read, irrespective of whether or not they have a good story. So again, you passed with flying happy colors. (mostly green as is the irish way)

The tough love on Connor's part is very believable. They are rough direct guys. (I just can't believe he didn't bust Murphy's head sooner lol. ) Hmm, maybe he had to work through his own guilt related issues.

From a purely technical stand point your medicine was decent. Another one of my pet peeves. I have been a lifeguard and volunteer medic for years so people royally messing with first aid just makes me shake my head.

I loved the way you portrayed Murph's vulnerability. I too appreciate the marvel that is Norman Reedus. I usede to like SPF better but sean is very odd.

Very good all the way around. If you work on anymore BDS let me know lol. I will probably just author alert you. (both of you as it seems you have an interesting split personality) .

Thanks alot. I would have found it eventually probably but I split in and out of fandoms.

Have a good night!
RogueWhisper chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Epic. I love Murph saying "You're gonna threaten your brother? Your injured brother?" Connor must by the older twin. He takes care of Murph so well. And the way he can time the nightmares. Man, he is good. Great story, especially since it was your first. Keep it up :)
Amy Renee chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This was very good and well thought out. You did indeed do the boys justice. (And as far as 'shite' vs 'shit' - no worries, they pronounced it 'shit' in the movies anyway.) I hope to see more fics like this from you.
mischieflover chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
that was really good! i liked it a lot :) i think you got the boys down really well, so great job! i hope you'll continue to write more bds fics!

~ml
Slacker Queen chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I love it! This is a GREAT fic. You should write more Boondock Saints Fics. :)

LaterZ!

SQ
DWOODALL chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I think you did a wonderful job for your first fic, especially how you portrayed the brothers.