Reviews for Casey vs His Red Test
Night Lotus Blossom chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
I love origin stories, and this one is a great snapshot of the transition from Alex Coburn to John Casey.

Thank you for sharing!
goddessofbirth chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
Oh, so much love for this story! So much! Perfect, perfect characterization.
jagged1 chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
Oh, that last line...it's like a little stab. But, it captured the tone. Well done.
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
Good red test. I wonder if he had killed anyone before that when he was in the military.
MazokuTenshi chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Aw, it's heartbreaking, yet wonderfully written.
fAteD lOvE chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
This was awesome. Just the right mix of determination and wistfulness, which is totally to be expected from a younger Casey who is in turmoil about his decision.

Great insight to his Red Test, I always love Casey point of views because he doesn't get enough praise :)
KuryakinGirl chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Wow.

Interesting look into what could've happened, not to mention so very plausible.

Our poor Casey...

Thanks for sharing this.
vandevere chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
So dark and sad...

No one should have to do this for a living...

Vandevere
Ms. Chips chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I really enjoyed this story. I think to understand Alex Coburn's decisions, you have to realize how young he is. It's easy to see the world in absolute terms with love of country and patriotism trumping all, and it's easy to sacrifice things when you don't have any concept of the long-term costs.

I'd be interested in a companion piece set now to see how Casey has changed in the past twenty years. Are duty and honor as black and white now as they were in Honduras? As much as he claimed it was the right decision for him, does he think it was the right decision for Kathleen and Alex McHugh? Has his view of government service been tarnished at all, and would that change his assessment of choice? I'd love to see what kind of spin you'd put on Casey's current mindset

Thanks for a terrific story.
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Damn.

(Will that even show up?)

Regardess, very intense for something so damn short. Well, it wasn't... it was short-er. -nods-

Also, isn't YOUR name Kathleen? IT'S MEANT TO BE.