Reviews for Standing at the edge
asm chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
charming & sweet- thanks 4 sharing with us
African Titan chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Hey there! I'm absolutely elated to see you return to CoTT FF! It's been WAY too long since you've posted another one of your awesome Herry/Jay fics. Slash FTW!

You're probably wondering who this crazy reviewer is. Well, let's just say that I'm quite a fan of your work and that 'ABC' (You'll come to realize that I'm very much Herry-obsessed) is one of my favorite fics.

Now to the review:

1. I like the fact that this was set post-Cronus. It's rare to find a good story that centers on the teens AFTER their fight against Cronus.

I especially like the fact that they, like most kids after school, kinda drifted. Sure they have their weekly lunch to keep in touch, but they still have separate lives now. I find that this makes the whole situation seem very real.

2. Teachers huh? I kinda imagine Jay being something of a history teacher. (What with him having so much knowledge about Greek mythology as a starting point AND him coming off as the type)

As for Atlanta and Herry... Well, It's a toss-up between the two of them as to who is Gym teacher. :)

3. I like how natural the interaction was between them all. The following line (and you'll have to excuse the cut-and-paste) just illustrated it brilliantly:

"Neil said something and everyone laughed"

Such a short line, yet it brilliantly illustrates their closeness and the fluidity of their interaction with each other.

4. You do know that you really won me over with that Herry ledge scene, right?

First of all, I loved Herry's calm approach. Most people would just try to grab the man and pull him in kicking and screaming. Herry, however did the sensible thing and approached the underlying problem not the immediate one.

Secondly(and I must admit that this is my favorite bit in the entire story), I really enjoyed the realistic way in which you portrayed Warren's anguish. I really believed that he was sad. You wrote his desperation with an air of authority that very nearly borders on experience. One line in particular struck me as very moving:

"He wondered what could push a person this far to the point where they were willing to throw it all away, and hoped that he would never have to find out."

It's a very natural thought to occur in such a situation, but it also means so very much. Very well done.

5. Finally, what kind of slash fan (and un-adulterated Herry-lover)would be able to resist grinning at reading that final scene.

Everything, from the frantic kiss to Herry's wide smile fit perfectly. It was a nice, hopeful way to end of this otherwise serious story.

And kudos for remembering Warren was there and not dropping him the moment that Jay and Herry kissed(a lot of people would accidentally do that). I feel that his impending dinner with the Titans is a sign of the first step of his road to recovery. Thanks for adding that and not leaving the plot unresolved.

All in all I have to say that I rather enjoyed your return fic. I hope to read a lot more of your slashy goodness. :)
Aussie Heroine chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
hey

Jay and Herry um interesting pairing, still the story was great. it was a great to see that even though they had gotten on with there lives after Cronus that they still have the heroic streak in them, particually Herry. it was nice of him just to sit with the guy to talk things through. a great one shot!

thnx Luv Aussie Heroine
HoneyGoddess57 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I can't believe it your back.. after three years. I was wondering when you will come back to do some excellent Jay/Herry fanfics again.. I mean one good fanfic which turned me around with excitement.. and that Herry, Jay and Atlanta are teachers were a good idea *then gasps with happiness* and the rest of the story was good so good job ounce again for the first time in... three years!