Reviews for She Can't Be
ChairLoveK chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
I loved it! It was so short but so cute!

I love how so much of her stuff is at his place almost as if its their place!

I thought the episode was really good too!

That "break up" scene was so emotional and just amazing!

I love Chuck but I'm mad at him right now. I know I'll end up forgiving him though, Obviously we all will cause the producers and people obviously don't want people to hate him forever.

Anyways, really awesome one shot!

5 minutes? I'm impressed! :)

-Sabrina
Ziah chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I loved your response. You could really feel Chuck's desperation to believe that she wasn't gone.

I'm in the minority of liking the episode too. This is the most interested I've been in a CB plotline all season. I actually thought this seemed really in character for Chuck, and even though it was awful, I like my CB angsty and crying. Lol.
tversky chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
Great job. :) I liked all the little details like her Economics book sitting on his dresser. I don't think Chuck quite grasps what he just did. He seems totally in denial, even in the Sneak Peak scene with Nate and Serena. :( I think you captured that total conviction he has right now that "she will be back" very well.
dkmm chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I liked this alot and would even love it more if you continued. I agree, I loved the episode since I tend to like my couples a tad dark and full of angst. I don't think this will end them permanently but just make them stronger once the issues are worked for being the alternate voice.
Guardian Izz chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I think you are wrong:

"She would be back, he was sure of it. He had to be, he had nothing else left to hold on to."

HE had to chose and he chose his hotel so NATURALLY now that he has it he will play the romantic hero, but it is WHEN IT MATTER UNEXPECTEDLY, when he HAS TO MAKE A QUICK DECISSION that shows the nature of your heart, and it is clear that THIS person does not REMEMBER LOVING BLAIR, he has forgotten it during the year and now only loves the feelings HER LOVE GIVES HIM, that he is worthy of something. He is constantly using her and francly I am SICK of it! I mean even season 2 Chuck woudl never do this. HE did not just betray her... so what if she didn't technically sleep with Jack, he didn't even make sure she was PHYSICALLY SAFE! Jack oculd have a desease, or could have forced her into doing osmething AWFUL! CHuck was not even there to make sure it was "JUST" sex! I mean Oh My GOD! THius is an INTERCORSE! For all we know with Jack being JACK, he oculd have HIV, and no matter how dramatic that sounds, a person IN LOVE would at least check all that stuff, and BE THERE in the hotel OUTSIDE THE DOOR for all it matters (just like in the movie "Indecent Proposal" the husband anxiously awaits) - instead he sent her to suffe alone, and then instead of making her feel better he accused her of being a cheating WH*RE when really he is the one THAT MADE HER ONE!

No tell me, despite what good quality the episode may have had (first time in a while)... how is it a GOOD storyline? How is it a good episode? Such a serious theme was done carelessly and inconsiderate, with no explanations whatsoever!

The only good thing to me was that Blair finally realised that this SEASON 3 Chuck is not the man she fell in lvoe with, and it opened her eyes to what a monster he has become and how much he USED HER... finally he knows no boundries anymore, enxt time eh would have sent her to flirt with some investor if not confronted. The fact that NATE cannot believe this is PROOF to this!

Nate grew up with Chuck and they are best friends, and even he CANNOT recognise his "friend" - I think that facts speak fro themselves... although the writers didn't realise it probably they automatically proved their own error, that they completely changed his Chuck's character on a WHIM, cause we never actually saw HOW he suddenly became this Bart wanna-be with "mommy issues" (gotta love Jack's comments here ;) from episode 3x05-3x07... It almost feels like the only explanation they give is Blair's little trick with the gay guy, but if THAT is the case then this is truly amateur writing.

I mean THIS IS CHUCK BASS and a simple kiss,

compared to sending Blair who has like been with 3 guys in all her life and is sent without consent RENTED OUT for an evening to a RPAIST who not a full week ago F*CKED Chuck's mom in the very same Empire hotel BED! Where Chuck then sleeps in 3x18 in his white silken sheets like nothing happened, the same Chuck who arranged it all and sold out his girlfriend paying her with a dress.

I FEEL SICK! ! !

How can you like this episode. The very fact that they are trying to take away the attention from the decrimination of not only women but HUMAN RIGHTS and FREE WILL (which is like in the bible I think), by putting some extra time on having pretty settings and music in the episdoe, and less Vanessa - so that everything seems just like a temporary break up, when really Blair basically came back from a f*ck-around in Chuck's bed with Chuck's uncle ... and chuck calmly waiting on her instead of at the very least PACING on the floor.
ronan03 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
oh, how very sad. i love the way you show how deeply entwined their lives have become. you gave me hope with your lovely words. thank you.
SaturnineSunshine chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
i wrote something like this too and of course i could never hate chuck. he's just chuck. he's layered and amazing and that's why i love him and why he and blair are perfect. i really liked this. it broke my heart that chair broke, but of course this isn't the end. and your narrative was bascially what i was telling myself when the eppie had ended. so excited for next week. good job.
READER120 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
great story btw lol
READER120 chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH U ABOUT 3X17

honestly blair did kind of the same thing to chuck in 3x06 and while what he did was worse i dont think it was unforgivable

im also excited to see angsty evilish chuck because he was far to mature in the beginning of season 3 he was bound to regress sometime

i know chuck and blair will make up and im really excited to see how their relationship will grow after this
TriGemini chapter 1 . 4/7/2010
This was excellent to read.

Yet, it shouldn't surprise Chuck, so much that for the moment Blair is out of his life; mainly, because he was the one who forced her from it. After all, he made his choice-he may have seen the error of his ways; but it still doesn't fix what happened between them. In the end, Chuck still used Blair and for that-she probably feels like there's not much to say between them. And quite possibly, one day she'll go back to him; however, until then the two really just need to find themselves and a way back to being, 'them,' once again.

Enjoyed this, a lot.