Reviews for The Princes of the North
anon chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
So awesome. So glad I found this. You realize if that show had come on 20 years later in the land of 300 channels it would've found a nice 8 season home somewhere. And it was built for brotherly hurt/comfort like this and, let's face it, Dirk/Erik slash. Sigh. More's the pity.
wintersmith chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Finding a Wizards and Warriors story is a treasure indeed. Only 8 aired episodes, some 25 years ago, and I still remember the excitement of sitting down to watch it every week. Perhaps because they were so archetypal, the characters were very memorable. Yet not one-dimensional, in the case of the Blackpools especially. Dirk was a big bad villain on the surface, but also had an inner vulnerability. And Geoffrey might not have been that clever, but he was brave and loyal. Thank you for posting!
SailorChronos1 chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I thought I was the only one to remember Wizards and Warriors. Even though Dirk Blackpool was a villain I had some measure of sympathy for him. This story does a wonderful job of portraying his softer side and the personality that drives him to be the hardened warrior that he must be most of the time.
sfulton229 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Very nice look at the closeness of brothers; no matter what the situation. You really whumped Dirk painfully. Geoffry did a great job taking care of him and lucky they were rescued. Thanks for sharing this very touching story.