Reviews for The Definition of Home
I'm sprry but its more than a little ridiculius that Harry wouldn't care at all that Snape told Voldemort the prophesy. I'm not saying that he wouldn't get over it but Snape it part of the reason Harry's parents were murdered and he has no reaction beyond creating another situatipm where Harry is need of inexpkicabke rescue and Snape is reassuringly strict. This stoey seems to forget the fact Snape is a murderer and has preyed on the innocent. Yes he became a spy, yes he atoned for his sins but that doesn't make them completely disappear and the continual manner that snape is shown to be great in all ways makes it seem less so.
Your writing is very good as is your description of people and places. I especially like the move to Amsterdam and deaging description.
The only thing i'm reluctant about is how understanding you've made Snape. Snape is not a "good" person. He's cruel and vindictive and has enjoyed being so for a very long time. If you're going to write Harry making mistakes, Snape should be making just as many- if not more because to be honest i picture Harry as a better role model than Snape could ever be. Harry is impulsive but not stupid. I liked the tatoo because i could see him doing it, leaving the hotel while Snape is at a Desth Eater meeting just because he's bored is over the line and Harry would know that. I liked much more when Harry and Snape were partners on the mission than when Harry is made out be a foolish child in need of guidance and the worlds most reformed criminal is the best one for the job.
sonalidabir chapter 14 . 11/13/2017
This is a wonderful story! Please update
I hope we get to read how the relationship progresses.
Thanks
Sharklist6285 chapter 1 . 11/8/2017
So is there a spell that does what a babelfish does or did snape make one or something?
Jasnrob chapter 14 . 9/26/2017
Love it.
Guest chapter 5 . 7/20/2017
I swear that the babelfish came from a hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy
vally9437 chapter 7 . 7/13/2017
Lol Harry you idiot
Little.Luna chapter 5 . 6/30/2017
So far so good.

I like how that relationship is growing up.
FastTurtles410 chapter 1 . 6/21/2017
Yes! This is the best. I'm so glad you kept everyone in character and I love your writing style. Thanks for sharing!
kaisonsheart chapter 14 . 5/26/2017
so, i love this. Im a fan of snape adopts harry stories, but this one really does well. :)
jayswing96 chapter 2 . 5/16/2017
Why is it that adults are terrible at understanding the information they're given. It's pretty obvious that Harry was left to fend for himself. Duh.
Creamed Cheese chapter 14 . 4/15/2017
Really enjoyed this. Well written and the characters were amazing
Mintley8 chapter 14 . 4/9/2017
Heart-breaking & beautiful, thank you x
H42 chapter 4 . 3/31/2017
I've read so many Severus-mentoring-Harry's fic's but yours is different, i love how you managed to write Severus's character, and how he reacted to Harry's tatoo. Alot of authors can't know the difference between a strict Severus and a sadistic Severus, they would make Severus punish Harry for every little thing. So that's one of many things i love about this story.
alammers36 chapter 1 . 2/3/2017
I've read a lot of HP fanfic and this is my favorite by far. I've read it multiple times, particularly when I need cheering up. I just realized I've never reviewed it. Shame on me :)... that said, wonderful story!