Reviews for The Definition of Home
hypercell chapter 5 . 4/20
I'm quite enjoying this story.
Also, love the reference. I am in the middle of re-reading The Hitchhiker's Guide now.
Sclark0925 chapter 14 . 3/26
Ive lost count of how many times I've read this story. I love literally everything about it. I love Definition of Family just as much and I'm going to read that one now too. Snape's humor and sarcasm crack me up and Harry's messy style and teenage shanangons are so realistic and believable. Definitely one of my top five favorite Severitus fics!
PiptheSnake chapter 14 . 3/22
That was really nice; I love how you've kept Sev true to his character. Not many other people really try to :D
Hariti12 chapter 14 . 2/19
Bloody cockroach. HAHAHHAHAHHA. I love Snape!
In fact, I love everything here! :D Amazing how they just ease into this relationship - and with no angsty-I-can't-be-a-father-I-must-deny-all-my-feelings-and-be-as-mean-to-him-as-possible Snape!
Thanks! :D
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 2/12
This fanfic probably doesn't need the rating. Great fic! I noticed the gradually growing attatchment between Harry and Snape.
fanreading chapter 14 . 1/13
I like this story a lot! It was cute and a lot of fun to read. Moving on to part two! Harry will always be Harry, but I see what you mean by him being named Elliot.
fanreading chapter 8 . 1/13
I was tearing up so much near the end of this chapter. It was so sad and touching! I love this story and really wanna see how it ends.
Maybe2Morrow chapter 14 . 12/16/2013
This was great, they really are good for each other. Off to read the sequel!
Neko chapter 9 . 12/2/2013
I loved the book titles you came up with, and the wide target age range of the books Snape had available. I bet he never imagined he'd find himself having to give Harry Potter "the talk," out of all his students.
Neko chapter 7 . 12/2/2013
Mwahahaha! Poor Harry, if I were him I would be praying to spontaneously combust from embarrassment. He's managed to get himself into a normal, age-appropriate sort of trouble for once, though, so good on him!

And poor Severus...going from responding to a six year old with nightmares to a fifteen year old venturing into the adult entertainment district by himself! He's really getting put through the wringer.
littlemsstrawberry chapter 14 . 11/28/2013
Love it. I love all your stories
SupaCrazee chapter 14 . 11/12/2013
I absolutely love it!
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 10/30/2013
LOL "starker" vs. Howler! Very true, actually. ;)

Now that Harry and Snape have made it official, I hope they both survive the war in your AU. I thought Snape's concerns about that issue with Harry were absolutely valid. Could he survive the loss of Snape?

Snape's comment about what happened when Harry talked to his Dark Mark- followed dead on by Harry's question regarding where things go when they are banished - has me wondering about that Mark ... and whether Harry is going to try and send it away.

Excellent story. I really enjoyed it.
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 10/30/2013
Love the idea of Voldemort succumbing to a bee sting. Harry and Snape need to invent a bee-stinging charm!

Lucius is rather high-handed with Snape, given the nature of his ... ah ... affliction and his need for Snape's secrecy and potion-making skills. I should think he would be more respectful and gracious. It's rather telling that Harry was jealous at the thought that Snape might have fathered Draco. I wonder if either of them will revisit that idea. The "dad" reference has not been mentioned by either Harry or Snape, as yet.

Interesting that Harry seems to prefer returning with Snape to Spinner's End rather than staying at the Burrow and sitting in on Order talk. That's something new.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 10/30/2013
Thank you for the absolutely hilarious "talk" scene. After the last chapter, I needed some comic relief. I giggled so hard I nearly dropped my iPad, although I have to admit Snape managed to "gut" his way through it pretty well.

There was some pretty interesting terminology being tossed around by both Harry and Snape in this chapter. Um ... "Dad"? (Do either Harry or Snape realize he said it?) "Our house"? (Okay, Snape caught that one and made the connection.) "Harry's room"? (Yes, Snape seems aware of his own changing feelings.) The gestures, I think, are equally important. Hiding those very personal and emotional interactions from Dumbledore seems uncharacteristic for Snape. Whom is he protecting - Harry or himself? New clothes (more than just what is required for the upcoming mission)? Birthday dinner out at a nice restaurant? A toast? These two are starting to look and sound rather like ... a father and son.

This was a nice chapter ... except for the obnoxious Malfoys.