Reviews for The Definition of Home
Creamed Cheese chapter 14 . 4/15
Really enjoyed this. Well written and the characters were amazing
Mintley8 chapter 14 . 4/9
Heart-breaking & beautiful, thank you x
H42 chapter 4 . 3/31
I've read so many Severus-mentoring-Harry's fic's but yours is different, i love how you managed to write Severus's character, and how he reacted to Harry's tatoo. Alot of authors can't know the difference between a strict Severus and a sadistic Severus, they would make Severus punish Harry for every little thing. So that's one of many things i love about this story.
alammers36 chapter 1 . 2/3
I've read a lot of HP fanfic and this is my favorite by far. I've read it multiple times, particularly when I need cheering up. I just realized I've never reviewed it. Shame on me :)... that said, wonderful story!
Navyangel85 chapter 14 . 12/27/2016
There is going to be more to this story yes i do so hope so
a person chapter 14 . 11/16/2016
This is so look good I love it I really hope this has a sequel but in a way I don't want it to have one cause u finish it in such a nice way I cant decide on it but I have decided that this is awesome
Niknakkitkat chapter 14 . 10/28/2016
this is amazing and very in character at least to me and i love it
Glorilian chapter 14 . 9/20/2016
I'm not really eloquent type of reader/reviewer, so I'm afraid I will be very brief. (Hope you don't mind - better than nothing, is it not?)

Well, I think I should start with: I LOVE THIS FIC! It's great. Wonderful. Brilliant. Splendid. Etc. I was very pleasantly surprised when I started reading it... I was immediatelly hooked. Because reading your fic was fun. Great fun. I just... love how you depicted Snape's and Harry's characters, their interactions... just everything.
Harry inebriated, his little not-so-clandestine excursion in Amsterdam... it was just so hilarious (really, when Harry bumbed into Snape in that sex-shop exclaiming "Fuck!" I just fell off my chair laughing). :D Harry, his character, in the middle of his puberty, with his moments of utter childishness (I'm big, strong, independent, macho MAN now!) and maturity (looking for "the definition of home"? oooh, and others ideas/thoughts/behavior...) and everything between, was just... He is so well-written, profound. To me he was amusing, idiotic, adorable (Indiana Jones, yeah! While reading that scene I tried to recall I.J. music theme, alas all that played in my head was StarWars theme - it was SO aggravating. :D :D )... deeply hurt, sad... But what surprised me most - he... came across as genuine. It was... it was like reading about real (15/16-)teen old boy. Really. Sometimes he was more childlike than mature, but he did spend a quite large portion of time as 6 years old (or better say, in 6 years old body). And little bit of childishness in Harry's character is rather... refreshing. (Often time he is depicted as if he was 30 years old man... so...) What is interesting (for me) was my reaction to his "adventures". Often time (I mean in other fics) his behavior induce in me... idk... an annoyance?, the kind of thoughts like -"Please, start using your brain, I beg you. / Stop being such an idiot. / paradoxically: Stop being so immature."-, a frustration. But (for example) when your Harry was going to Red district in Amsterdam I was... yes, I was groaning "Oh, Harry! / Elliot, you idiot!" and facepalming a little bit (yet in strangely good, well meant way), but I was also... I was also cheering him on ("Go, Harry, go! HAHAHA") while laughing like some crazy. Your Harry is just so... likeable. I like him. His interactions with Severus definitely help (aplify it).
And speaking of Snape? He is wonderfully written, too. Maybe a little bit... mellow? But he IS home, away from stressful environment and his public role (Hogwarts), so... it's ok. I like him. Definitely. How he dealed with trashed Harry... and just everything... it's pure gold.

Concerning your writing style, grammar - it's ok (more than ok!). You even educated me (or was the necessary impetus), hahaha. (After the second time when Severus corrected Harry, I just had to look up the differences between "can" and "may" (but I already knew them (mostly)). But, moreover, while I was at it I finally looked up the distinction between "shall" and "will", that bugged me for some time.) :D But that's not important. Just babble.

What is important is that your story did not leave me unaffected; I was smiling, grinning, laughing, I was sometimes sad, (even little bit) crying, despairing, then face-palming, I was sighing and rolling my eyes and... and now I am smiling. Still smiling.

In short, it was good read. I'm glad I found it. (I'm glad I found a rec list in someones tumblr. Your summary is... rather terse? Not bad, but in my eyes not really... tempting (I look at it and think: this will be just another Sevitus fic, could be interesting, but nothing different, nothing "unique".) But on their tumblr the person described your fic in this way: "Harry runs away from the Dursleys one summer to see where his mum grew up. His plan was to grab a few beers, see where his mum grew up, then return home before the end of the weekend. But he sort of runs into Snapeā€¦" And I thought -Sloshed Harry meeting Snape? Oh my! What a wonderful (explosive) mix! This will be FUN!- :D :D ) So, here I am; reading your fic was time well spent.

And that's all! Bloody hell, didn't I say I will be brief? To tell the truth, at first I nearly decided to not leave any review (just Fave), but then my blasted conscience declared that I should show some appreciation to the poor author. I wanted to write my standard "Wonderful fic. I enjoyed reading it. Yadda yadda" but then it somewhat became... this, this monster (that took whole hour (or more) to write, uuuhh).

So, with my annoying conscience appeased: Great fic, bye.
(Aaaaaah, I'm so hungry I would eat my keyboard. Blasted review.)
Lady Julie Snape chapter 14 . 8/6/2016
I seriously think that you have become my new favourite author.

I cannot get enough of your Sev/Harry father/son stories. I just want more. And I'm so very glad that this story has a sequel which I am off to read right now.
Love2read23 chapter 14 . 7/28/2016
Truly a great fic. Thank you so very much for writing. I think your choice of Harry being six years old and fifteen at different times was a brilliant use and cemented their relationship in ways that would not have worked in just one or the other.
Love2read23 chapter 8 . 7/27/2016
I am very impressed with how Snape deals with Harry. I know that all teens aren't the same but I've always wondered about how to discipline disobedient teens. Reading of Severus with Harry makes me wish I had someone who cared like that.
Guest chapter 14 . 7/13/2016
great one
SaiyaCat chapter 14 . 5/18/2016
AAaaawwwww so Cute!
SaiyaCat chapter 8 . 5/18/2016
wow
TheCharcoalPhial chapter 14 . 5/18/2016
I have read all the stories from your Definition series, including The Photo Album, and I must say, your writing style is really evocative, striking. The best portrayal of Snape i have come across in fanfiction. It reminds me of something Ruby Wax once said about Alan Rickman, about his sense of humour and delivering lines. It goes along the lines of "impeccable timing", and I would apply the same to your writing style. I really enjoyed the stories. Thank you.