Reviews for Don't Give Me Diamonds
PhinalPhantasy chapter 86 . 7/24/2012
Keep up the good work
PhinalPhantasy chapter 85 . 7/24/2012
Wow. Now we know of comet's origins. Let's hope he can be saved
PhinalPhantasy chapter 84 . 7/24/2012
This is still going great!
PhinalPhantasy chapter 83 . 7/24/2012
Been a while since I had the chance to read this but I'm getting back into it
Miss Sheila M Go chapter 112 . 7/10/2012
Well I finally finished reading and I must say that it was one of the most amazing fanfiction stories I have ever read! So much was put into this and that's what made me love it so much! I do hope you write more about Delia and Giovanni in the future (possibly about their life as a married couple or even a short story describing their wedding). I absolutely loved the background you have them and thought it fit along with the series and video games perfectly! Next time I watch the show I will see these characters much differently (in a good way of course!) thank you for writing something that has been so enjoyable to me! :)
Miss Sheila M Go chapter 20 . 7/8/2012
This story is so great! Lately I've been very interested in reading about Giovanni. I've been trying to find a good story about him and this one fits my style of reading perfectly! The storyline is really gripping to me. I've only made it 20 chapters in, but I am planning on finishing reading for the next few days. :)
Gormanbros chapter 112 . 2/13/2012
This story has been a really enjoyable read. My favorite fanfic I've read so far. You really have a writing talent, MikariStar. I started reading this around when Chapter 50 or so was uploaded, and read the first half in a couple days. This was a really long story, haha. 112 chapters. I'm looking foward to reading more from you.
dogtrainer89 chapter 112 . 2/7/2012
This was an amazing story. I liked all the background about the characters and things added from the shows. I enjoyed reading this story. Your writing is great and very descriptive it made the story flow easily. Continue writing you have a real talent.
dittoeevee8888 chapter 112 . 1/8/2012
I really enjoyed this story. The one problem I had with it was the way you started it out - making Delia's past a story within the present [I hope you know where I'm getting at]. Usually, with those kinds of stories [especially if they're really long], I keep forgetting why the story was in the first place [and I did, for a bit, before I remembered]. But I'm not sure if Delia's concerns still held true - like her being concerned that Ash was going after the money, the "power"...it wasn't really addressed after the story.

I'm not to sure what was the whole point with Vandal [I think that's how you spell his name]...ignoring the fact that time travel shouldn't happen period, how was it possible that by preventing the psychologist [I forget her name, sorry] from killing Delia, that wouldn't change a bunch of other facets from the future, completely changing it, and not necessarily for the better?

And anyway, how did Giovanni & Delia get reborn as a Persian and a Vulpix? [Like, why didn't they retain their "Mystery Dungeon" forms; even if it would have been odd for a Mew to be wandering around].

I really liked the main theme of the novel - is it better for somebody to rule the world, yet most of its citizens are well, or for "nobody" to rule the world, and most of the world is in chaos. Definitely an interesting question to ponder, and I quite enjoyed the way you answered that throughout the book, especially through Delia's main narration.

I would have liked to seen more Giovanni/Ash time, especially since that seemed to be the main focus point [well...at least in the summary of the book], but what happens, happens.

I quite liked the explanation for Pokerus, though the implication was that if the Pokemon didn't catch Pokerus, they'd eventually die? [And seeing how hard it is to catch it in the games, as I've never had a Pokemon infected with Pokerus...]...a lot of the Pokemon would still die due to the virus?

I'm assuming from the future that eventually, Giovanni/Delia's descendents became "Queen" & "Kings" of the world?

Still, great plot, and really long story - I didn't realize it was 112 chapters, [as I had *conveniently* forgot to look at that part] and couldn't really stop reading...(took around 8-ish hours over two days). And I also hope my writing isn't too much of a mess to follow :/
Macy Webber chapter 112 . 1/5/2012
Wow. That was, wow. I loved it. Never stop writing, ever.
Fan from FreedomofSpeech site chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
It is good to see that you have finished this brilliant story. I hope that fos-ff will be back up again soon. I am surprised to see that this was also on this website.

Good job with your story, you're the best.
Rediamond chapter 112 . 12/21/2011
Wow. Just wow.

I started this story after you posted chapter 111, and finished it today, so this is the first time I have ever finished a fanfic by reaching the end, and not the end of the author's updates. As such, I can for once give a relatively recent memory review of the entire story.

To put it simply: it was really good.

To expand:

Obviously since I made it through 112 chapters over about a month means that it was good.

If I had to summarize why it was good in two points, it would probably be plot structure and originality. Obviously, you had a pretty detailed plan of the entire story from the start given the huge amount of times that it builds on a minor detail from a previous chapter. While I've seen writers do that, this is the only story that took advantage of a clear plot diagram in such a brilliant way.

Originality is another huge factor that contributes to this story. While it could just be that I've never actually seen a decent fanfic on Delia x Giovanni, I think it's a bit more. Outside of the PMD parts, the atmosphere of a mafia war and an attempt to conquer Kanto from the underground is something that I've never seen and was quite intrigued by.

Effective characterization was also there, and it was very amusing at times. Madame Boss in particular was brilliantly pulled off by staying true to the (insanely minimal) references from the anime and building an amazing character. Rune in particular was also done quite well.

As for many of the other characters (Pixel, Comet, Laiki, etc.), it seemed very good but not in such an amazing way that naturally attracted interest to the character as Madame Boss.

Also:

THANK GOD YOU DIDN'T MESS UP ANIME PERSONALITIES.

Seriously, that is a very major point in making the fic good. A lot of writers (and most shippers) can't seem to make things work in their story while staying in character. You would be one of the shining examples that prove that it's possible to do. Thank you so much for that.

If the story had one curse, it would be the expected one: it dragged on.

First off, this is wholly inevitable with 100 chapters, so it is not your fault at all and it actually dragged on much less than I would've anticipated seeing the massive chapter count. The huge variety of interesting and varied subplots did it an amazing service in that regard. Except for one.

It could just be me, but I seriously considered stopping during the second PMD arc. Even if they did advance the plot line, they break the mood and flow considerably and caused a huge crash in momentum. The main factor behind this is mood, which tended to be the underlying problem when it was dragging on.

The first 30-ish chapters of flashback set up a very distinctive mood about the fic, with darker themes and danger periodically pierced by lighter trends. Thus when the carefree nature of the PMD arcs, and the anime-esque feel of most of the Ash/Misty sequences came in, it helped to stop the vital momentum readers need to keep going in such a tremendously long fic.

Mood is one of the best possible tools an author can have. When planning a fic, I always consider plot and mood on equal grounds when deciding to include a scene. While it usually wasn't a problem, it periodically came up as an issue.

Overall, perhaps you could've found a different way to unlock Gio's memories than the PMD sequence? Either way, I kept going so it clearly wasn't that bad.

As for the two last points I give when typing full fic reviews: beginning and end.

The beginning was quite effective in setting up mood and plot, as well as being interesting. Therefore, it was highly successful.

The ending:

WTF Iron Mask. You'd been doing such a great job with calling things from previous chapters that I was incredibly surprised when the master antagonist only appeared as... the master antagonist. Even if you'd referenced him once before hand it would've been so much better. I'm sorry, but I lost you there.

Also, I will recognize that Porygon and New Island were important at the end, but I feel as if the climax could've gone back to a more long-standing issue or villain. It almost seems like in a break with the otherwise meticulously planned story, you threw in a random bad guy and some supporting plot so that you could get it done. While it did it's job, I feel as if it could've done so in a way that would evoke more emotion if there was more than ten chapters of build up. I realize that there was a Mewtwo reference in the future scene and a number of reference's to Gio as "Mewtwo's enemy" (props on the irony), but it still didn't seem as epic as I expected it would be.

Once again, if Mewtwo or Iron Mask had made previous appearances, or you put a more long-standing enemy up for the last battle, I feel as if it could've been more epic.

Overall, great read and I hope you return back to Pokemon Fanfiction soon.
Rediamond chapter 112 . 12/21/2011
Wow. Just wow.

To put it simply: it was really good.

To expand:

Lotusnapper chapter 112 . 12/4/2011
The ending is rather pleasant with Mewtwo finally free from being controlled, and free of any guilt from the battle thanks to Ash.

I liked how Team Rocket respected Mewtwo enough to try and help Mewtwo recover and rest, even if they did try to confine it.

I liked how Mewtwo was rescued by Mew and Celebi, and even after time traveling to come to era when Vandel was from, just to see that everything would possibly be okay.

I also liked how Ash managed to prepose the idea to Giovanni to cause the change in Team Rocket to lead to it future success.

Well written and much enjoyed.
27dayz chapter 112 . 12/3/2011
It took me ages to finish this gem of a fanfic, but I'm so glad that I stuck with it. You're a very talented writer and this was a pleasure to read. Thanks for sharing your creation.
1,012 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »