Reviews for Don't Give Me Diamonds
Elsie0o0 chapter 5 . 5/2/2010
Good chapter. I really like the way Giovanni/Delia interact. Take care, Elsie.
ScarletLycrois chapter 5 . 5/2/2010
Cool story so far!
PhinalPhantasy chapter 5 . 4/28/2010
This was a fun chapter! I loved the Charmander joke, plus the one about the medicine being "Super Effective." I think you also made one of the funniest typos.

"Now, if you promise to behave I'll rub some anti-burn cream on your back so you don't have to trouble yourself reaching; that is after you've *died* yourself of course!"

It took me a moment to realize she meant dried, but died was believable considering Delia's low opinion of Giovanni.
FudginAshKetchup chapter 5 . 4/27/2010
3 the charmander joke hahahahahahh
K. Rynna chapter 5 . 4/27/2010
great story so far! can't wait to see what soon!
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 5 . 4/27/2010
XD Ah, the magics of sunburn. How it falls into the fate of karma. :3 Once again a great chapter, can't wait for the next. .
Shade40 chapter 4 . 4/25/2010
I don't care a lot for innuendo, not that there was much, but I don't like the suggestion that Giovanni invited Delia to this vacation home for... bad... reasons. Besides that, I find it hard to believe. I suppose people are often attracted to opposites, but I find it hard to believe that men (even powerful men) are drawn to the pursuit of women who aren't interested in them. TV shows suggest that, if a woman is lofty and ignores a guy who usually has lots of luck with girls, he will be drawn to pursuing her, but I've never seen that happen in real life. I figure, if that were the case, I'd have had dozens of men after me ages ago! Though I CAN imagine the irritation and discomfort of being at a beach house with a man who might not be having 'pure' thoughts about me, and struggling to deal with that. The scene with the Gyarados was a little too dramatic: the fact that Shellder sided with Delia (when she only had it for the briefest time), Delia climbing up to use the Water Stone, Cloyster being so strong that it killed the Gyarados, the Gyarados being so angry... I don't know, it was a bit much. You spelled a few words wrong in this chapter, and you haven't been consistent with your capitalization of the words "Pokemon" and the Pokemon names. Either capitalize them all, or don't do it, but be consistent. And also be consistent in referring to whether Pokemon are male or female, or gender-neutral ("it"). I don't think you made an error there very much, but it's just something to check.
Shade40 chapter 3 . 4/25/2010
The beginning of this chapter was cute. I love the thought of Giovanni being embarrassed about falling on his face! And the idea of Delia being a responsible, diligent worker is cute and believable. This Pokemon epidemic sounds serious and it might be good to give some more details about it, since it sounds like it is an important part of the plot. I like the fact that you gave the other few Rockets distinguishing personalities rather than just leaving them out altogether, but if they only appear in this chapter and later serve no purpose, it might have been better to not mention details about them at all. As it stands, I doubt they will really be important, so I haven't been giving them any of my attention. Who doesn't want to guess that the Persian egg hatches Giovanni's Persian? And I agree with Giovanni that Delia sounds totally naive. Sometimes people like the idea of turning a bad person into a good person, of mending their ways, of 'making them better', but I don't believe in that and it just makes her sound dumb to me to even consider it. People's motives cannot be ignored even if the results of their actions can be encouraged. I would say the most errors in this chapter were capitalization.
Shade40 chapter 2 . 4/25/2010
Not a bad chapter. I laughed in a few places. The idea of Ash wanting to get Misty a nicer ring was very sweet - almost sickeningly, but not quite. The conversation between Ash and his mother felt a little unnatural; I think it could use some embellishments. Add some details about facial expressions and body language to spruce it up and make it seem more natural. The idea of Delia once being an intern at a Pokemon Centre suits her very well, and when I read it, I had a fleeting image of her walking at a university campus carrying an arm-load of books. The beginning of the Team Rocket raid at the Centre was mostly believable, but as it went on, it became a little jumbled and unnatural. Again, body language needs to be used a bit more. I suppose Giovanni had to start somewhere. I would entirely cut out the suggestion that Delia offered to join Team Rocket. She could reasonably request to be taken prisoner to take care of the sick Pokemon, so there is no need for her to try to join Team Rocket even if her motive was good. For this chapter, I would say the biggest grammatical error would be run-on sentences, though there are errors of all kinds. Be sure to read over what you have written a day or two after writing it before posting. If you read it right after you've written it, your mind expects what you wrote and you don't notice errors as well.
Elsie0o0 chapter 3 . 4/23/2010
I imagine the Persian egg is the one Giovanni will end up owning. :)
Elsie0o0 chapter 4 . 4/23/2010
Lol, way to be subtle Giovanni. Thank you for the new chapter. Take care, Elsie.
Hayatecooper chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
Aww poor Gyarados, this is getting better and better. Keep it up :)
Crystalgurl101 chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
YAY! You updated! D Aww, poor Gyarados! That virus is really that bad huh? I felt so bad for it when Delia revealed it was dead. I also liked the little things Giovanni did to try to flirt with Delia. xD Aww, she's so clueless and innocent-OMG, JUST LIKE HER SON! O Update soon, kay? This was a great 4th chapter!
PhinalPhantasy chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
This is the first story I've read where pokemon die...hardcore points for you!
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 4 . 4/22/2010
Flirtatious moments and a near-death experience with an infected Gyarados ? :3 Yays, can't wait for more !
1,009 | « Prev Page 1 .. 56 63 64 65 66 67 .. Last Next »