Reviews for The Golden Moment
CataKRR chapter 12 . 2/15/2013
Great story!
bookivore chapter 12 . 2/1/2012
I love this story. The time skips are a bit confusing, but it works. I love how you extended Lily's character so that she told Snape he couldn't make her pregnant because he was too much into Dark Arts - what a ridiculous statement, but it rings true to how she was shown in canon.

I even liked Andromeda's mother being there. JKR didn't show the extended families, and they should have been around.

This is a great way to finish off Snape's doomed infatuation, and go on to something better.
coffeeonthepatio chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
I can't believe I never updated this story. I think Lou (Alabaster Princess) gave me the link a long time ago but when I get overly excited about a story, I forget to review and this was one of the stories where I will just sigh when it's finished and feel better about myself and the world and everything. Yep, that's your story. It just made me feel better. I don't think I can say much more than that.

Thank you for sharing this amazing tale (and I love the pairing!)
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 7/3/2011
Brava! What a truly excellent ending; with love and understanding on all sides (not to mention the occasional surprise package. Nothing like doubling down, is there?).

This was a lovely story, and I truly appreciate the time and date stamps.

Yay! (throws confetti).
pssbecca chapter 12 . 7/2/2011
I know this story has been complete for more than a year, but I just wanted to say that you are an excellent writer and that this was a great story!
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 6/26/2011
I really liked how carefully you marked all the varieties of time. And I'm very glad little Eileen got to hold those pearls; may she be as happy as her grandmother was sad (and who knows, it might be Eileen having a second chance).

Brava!
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 5/21/2011
"Actually, I'm not sure you need to know any of that. What you do need to know, Lily, my dear—" he said this last with a sneer "—is that it's over."

-Yes. And he's so right about the pained crumbs. Severus deserves the whole loaf, and then some.

Besides, Lucius was far more of a DE than Snape ever was, and he has a son. But of course Lily was certain she was right; she'd been carefully taught, along with her housemates, that they were, no matter what they said or did.

And Severus had been just as carefully taught that whatever he said or did was wrong. At least one of these two has learned better.

Great chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 5/9/2011
I love how Snape makes such lovely plans only to have Fate throw them into a cocked hat. Heh.

And I expect he left the birthing room to find something truly wonderful for Andromeda.

However, I am glad he had one night where all the witches made passes at him. Everyone deserves a night like that, even if they refuse, and Snape never had one before.

Looking forward to finding out what he's going to do.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 3/30/2011
Comedy is when two people are both wrong, but in different ways. Melodrama is when one person is _right_ and one person is _wrong_. Tragedy is when two people are right-but in different ways.

Andromeda is right, that they should marry. They love each other and neither will love another as long as they are alive.

Snape is right, they shouldn't marry. The rest of the Order still hates him, no matter what his sacrifices are.

And they are both ridden by ghosts.

But-for the baby they both made, they should marry. And the sooner they do it, the sooner the Wizarding World will go haring off after some _other_ silly scandal (one which should involve Harry, just because he's being an idiot).

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 3/5/2011
"Hold his tail feathers and he will take you where you need to go."

"I'm not a Gryffindor. Will that matter?"

"It has nothing to do with house. You are something much more important right now."

-Well, that's how we know it's fanfic, when Dumbledore actually cares for someone besides a Gryffindor, and for someone's life to save, not to sacrifice for the Greater Good.

Very good chapter; I'm glad that Andromeda gets there in time to at least let Snape know that he hasn't been abandoned by everyone he knows (cough Trio cough dittany cough cough).

And all this in the heart of deepest sorrow, when she's lost her daughter and son-in-law, and carrying a child of her own, not much younger than the one upstairs.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 2/26/2011
Of course Snape thinks he's going to die. That's why he takes comfort in Andromeda's love one last time, and comforts himself with a fantasy of being married that next weekend. It's all he thinks he is ever going to have.

And St. Lily (and St. Albus) convinced him that he was Scum of the Universe that had to die for the sin of being Slytherin, and not a rich pureblood who happened to Sort Gryffindor. (do you really think Albus forgave Snape for living and being free when his beloved Marauders were dead or in Azkaban?)

"It blew up in my face. That information was ultimately the cause of her death, proving what she said. I'm incapable of giving life, only death."

-What a pity he didn't know that Dumbledore had kept the Cloak away from the Potters when they needed it the most...

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 2/25/2011
Good chapter. Still wanting to slap Snape upside the head with the BIG Clue Brick, mind you...(grin)
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 2/12/2011
Very good chapter. But why can't Snape and Andromeda be married after the war? I haven't figured that out yet, though I expect to find out in later chapters.

And the dinner with all the DE's with the Dark Lord on the side was fun to read, and yet scary. Here's hoping that Riddle thinks that it's all right for a pureblood like Andromeda to have a halfblood's child.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 1/28/2011
"It's just so odd and awkward, with... Never mind."

-Hah. Just realized that she herself is pregnant, too, I expect.

And I'm glad that she and Severus have shared so much already. Snape needs to know that _someone_ cares for him without using him for once in his life, and Andromeda needs someone who is like Ted inside, whether he will admit it or not.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 1/20/2011
Excellent chapter! Of course Snape wants intimacy; he's never really had it, and he knows how quickly his sell-by date is coming. He has to put on a show for the watchers like the Carrows and the spies at Gladrag's, but he desperately wants it to become real.

Andromeda is putting on a show, too; surprised Minerva et al don't consider it the real thing and treat her the way they do Snape. Then again, none of the staff ever see how Snape yanks back on the Carrows' leashes either, or wonder if Albus has something up his sleeve (note that nobody ever asked Dumbledore's portrait what was going on when they had the chance. Um, yeah).