Reviews for under the linden trees
Painting Politics and Poland chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
I-I *sobs uncontrollably*
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
This is sad, but really beautifully done.
amster chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
:) liet is probably one of my top fav characters in hetalia (and alfred), but i'm always afraid to read fics that feature him as the main character because i always end up crying. your writing was too tempting, however, so i chanced a peek.

reading this story left me feeling sad for him all over again! the writing was so sweet and kind (just like him). i always forget that some people really get the awful things thrown at them, so that such normal (to alfred and me) things like safety and warmth are never taken for granted.

liet's sort of mental readying for the end of happiness was like a horrible looming fear at the back of my mind as i read on - i didn't know if you were going to include ivan here taking him away, thank god you didn't! but the parts with liet thinking back to ivan was kind of awful too, short as they were.

that's not to say i don't enjoy reading ivan - he's interesting in an awful way, and i wish more authors would write him like that instead of just his lighter moments for the sake of pushing their plot along with fewer complications.
Peridot Tears chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
A rather simple beauty runs through this fic...certainly expresses without overdoing it, and it touches where Toris feelings are concerned. Oh yes, the feelings are very realistic. And Alfred...aiyaa xD

And how Toris really wants to make everything awesome, but it's all screwed up by Alfred, and it's just like, "...He's fine the way he is"

(Damn, Alfred staying the way he is...he's such an idiot, but we all just luff him for that)

The sex. Love how a relationship really comes clear in the second part

And how ironic - fighting against Ivan. The cruel irony is that...yeah, Alfred doesn't, when the moment comes D:

(But he'll remember him, oh yes)

PT