Reviews for Where I Stood
craftyjhawk chapter 1 . 3/20
Wow. This is just wonderful. The 100th is one of my favorite eps. I think you nailed Brennan's voice perfectly. Excellent, just excellent.
Amilyn chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
The thought of not seeing him caused a sense of panic to arise within her that both scared and fascinated her.

She had been selfish. She had put her panic above his obvious pain. She couldn't love him if she

was capable of so consciously hurting him. In time, he'd see that too.

Oh, just THIS. This is SO how I see her seeing this whole thing...feeling undeserving, feeling like her very feelings were risking his happiness and thus made her unworthy, just as her lack of the "right" feelings makes her, in her mind, unworthy, when all the time they both want each other, warts and all.

The fact that it wasn't about sex hit her so hard

Nice.

It was more evidence that she was undeserving.

Oh, Brennan. *sigh* They'll work their way to getting it right. But in this moment, your reading of this so strongly matches mine: she's too afraid to risk not being good enough.
GyMusicAddict chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Omigoodness, this is soo amazing and soo sad...but I love it.
RositaLG chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This made my heart ache and my eyes water in all of the best ways. One of my favorite songs of all time mixed with my favorite Bones episode of all time. The fact that you could push something like this out the next day is just, beyond amazing. I'm in awe.
nattylovesjordy chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Mmmmmm. This one really packed an emotional punch. Older story, I know, but still great. Fantastic job. Thank you.
JMHaughey chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
I just rewatched this episode.

I tend gain a different perspective, an insight when I watch it that next time.

Brilliant. I like the song as well.
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
So I want to tell you that the first time I read this story I was at one of those obnoxious bouncey places for a kid's birthday party and I got so absorbed by it, so stressed out by it, I was kind of surprised to see where I was. It had all sort of faded away as I read. Stressed out makes it sound bad, but I, even in that ridiculous environment, could FEEL Brennan's turmoil.

But I can't review on my phone and it's been bugging me since then that I never left a review. So this morning I read it again.

And I'll be damned if the same thing didn't happen.

This is powerful, powerful stuff. You got her perfectly. Her distress is palpable, but I think that even if a reader didn't understand her reaction, they would after your story.

Having said that, this is my favorite part: *He wanted to give it a shot. He wanted to risk it all, for her, for them. He was so much braver than she ever gave him credit for. She hated that this surprised her. It was more evidence that she was undeserving.*

Ouch. Just ouch. It made me sigh from the wrongness of the thought on her behalf, but also from the accuracy of it. Yes. That is how she would feel. She's incorrect, but the writing profound and true to character.

The whole thing was brilliant and I have been remiss in letting it go so long without telling you so. It's raw, true to character, eloquent, descriptive and heart crushing. Thank you for sharing it.
MiseryMaker chapter 1 . 6/3/2010
You know already that I LOVE that song. You did wonders with it! This was an excellent way to explain what she had to have felt. As connected as they were, I had a hard time imagining him just dropping her off and them parting ways with her not being floored by what had happened. We all knew he was devastated, but I couldn't see her not struggling to deal with the aftermath of that decision. You painted the picture for us clearly. There was no way she wasn't suffering, too.

This was a wonderful read!
lifeandtimesofabrokensoul chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
That was the perfect song for that moment. Awesome story you captured Brennan perfectly :)
Katniss730 chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
Wow, that truly amazing! You were really able to get into Brennan's head. Thanks!
Atelerix chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
I love the way your story expanded on the inner turmoil I saw beneath Brennan's reaction. Perhaps you understand her character more than you give yourself credit for.

I did a reasonable job of avoiding spoilers and I sure didn't expect what I saw in that episode. I had to watch the end twice to believe what I was seeing, and confirm (at least for myself) what I thought about her reaction. You've done a good job of cheering me up.

But another story by one of my favourite authors couldn't fail to do that :)
ramonaquimby chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Wonderful as usual! The episode was brilliant and this is a perfect follow-up.

I think you really nailed Brennan—a confused mix of rationalizations and painful realizations. I'll definitely be thinking about this inner monologue of hers as I watch the upcoming eps.
NiennaTru chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Last night's episode blew me away as well. I could not have wished for a more satisfying eppie. And this little fic was a wonderful postscript to it. The closing lines of your story will stay with me. Thanks for writing this. I'm adding it to my favs.

NiennaTru
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Gah! Just realised you posted this! Really loved it, I could imagine Brennan coming home like this and crying. She doesn't think she's worthy of his love, but its like Avalon said "He sees the truth of you and is dazzaled by it".

Keep em coming!
jsq chapter 1 . 4/8/2010
So good! You captured Brennan beautifully, and you definitely captured the moment. I loved it.

By the way, you were right- I LOVED the episode. Oh my God, I loved it. I don't know who I ache for more- Brennan or Booth.

Jen