Reviews for What Matters Most
Long time reader chapter 12 . 3/16/2012
Very heartwarming. I've found that it is easier to write tragedy than a satisfying happy ending. It comes naturally to you, a breath of fresh air compared to most of the short stories I've found. It seems to me that you use and undercurrent of tragedy to bring out a convincing sense of contentment. I've been trying to apply the same to my own writing, but it's proved more difficult than I thought. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the world and for making my day brighter.

P.S. You should know we do not allow kung fu fantasy fights here at Crestwood Elementary, Mrs. Logan. (This made made me laugh.)
titanfan45 chapter 12 . 3/16/2012
"Whosa, wowsa, woo, woo" reminds me of the old "Pebbles and Bamm Bamm show from the early 70's where Bad Luck Schleprock would often say something very similar. Anyway before I give any more hints of how ancient I am, I want to tell you that this chapter was excellent in every detail. Family's are often made up of people who are not truly related, yet they are family just the same. It is the love between all of the "family" members that makes them family even if they are not blood relatives. You captured that fact very well in this chapter. Steve teaching Coraline the finer points of hand to hand combat was humerous made even more so by Raven's daydream of Coraline's Principal calling her to report her daughter's demonstration to her classmates of what Steve had taught her. Rita sneeking the chocolate into Coraline's room was a nice touch as was Raven and Rita's heart to heart chat at the end.
Wolvmbm chapter 12 . 3/16/2012
A great update and a nice insight on how Raven views the founders of the Doom Patrol and how they shape Garfield into the man he is today. :D

Please do keep putting up the good work upon such a great tale like this one. :D
DaisyDoodle chapter 12 . 3/16/2012
YAY! Its back! Your back! This was so sweet... I really didn't know what Raven was gonna do when she found the chocolate but then Rita and her had that moment and I knew all was forgiven:)
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 12 . 3/16/2012
Nice chapter. It looks like our favorite demoness has a soft side after all. Even if her mother-in-law is a bit of a jerk.
chronodekar chapter 5 . 12/9/2011
This IS a pleasant surprise! I didn't realize someone had made a WAFF parenting story in the Teen Titans universe too!

The last good one I read was in the Anime section under "Slayers".

I don't have time to read the rest of this now, but I will say that I'm enjoying myself so far.

Thanks author!

-chronodekar
SPG inc chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Nice touch with the last line.
Negi Springfield chapter 11 . 9/12/2011
Since readers and reviewers appear to be AWOL these past few days ... I will submit a second review ... since my first one was kind of a dud.

First things first, I love your narrative. I could literally feel Raven's tension as she was getting ready for her in-laws imminent arrival.

The scene in the kitchwen was great, I could literally feel BB's discomfort as he basted the roast. I suppose he did the kitchen duty on an empty stomach, otherwise he would have hurled.

And finally, I really liked how Raven laid down the law with her in-laws. I exepected nothing less!
The Cretin chapter 11 . 9/8/2011
Brings back memories of my in-laws...anyways, great chap. I'm really interested to see how this pans out. Something tells me that Raven kinda strides "unsure" ground with Steve and Rita. Hope it turns out well. Don't worry about the length. I, for one, would rather you go at this the way you want to. Yer under no constraints, take all the time and preparation you need. I hope all is well with you. Keep rockin
titanfan45 chapter 11 . 9/8/2011
"Inlaws" promises to be great. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Breaking it into parts is fine, makes it more fun to read when it is updated.
DaisyDoodle chapter 11 . 9/8/2011
I love these stories!:)
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 11 . 9/8/2011
LOL! Mabe they should move back into the Tower. Dick would probably keep Mento at bay.
Sandjewel chapter 10 . 8/15/2011
Touching, beautiful, heartfelt. Your stories always capture the mind with the flowing description and the heart with the tender emotion. Congratulations and keep up the very good work!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/9/2011
Beautiful story, truly it is magnificent, keep up the good work!
The Cretin chapter 10 . 8/6/2011
Dude...this is just beautiful. The way you write BB's hopes and dreams and the way you convey the emotions in this chapter is better than any comic or novel I've read this year. I hope all is well with and I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep rockin
122 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »