Reviews for What Matters Most
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 4 . 6/21/2010
THAT was awesome! You hit on several important themes in this chapter, each augmenting the whole in some way. Foremost, you showcased Coraline's struggle to master her abilities. You played up her frustration very well, blending it with child-like enthusiasm and determination. It was a treat to see her try-focusing intently-only to come up short; we see this happen with Garfield to a point, so it is a logical progression and one many can empathize with (struggling to achieve a goal...not shapeshifting, haha.)

Then, you brought Beast Boy in himself. Being older, wiser, and more practiced, he can deftly achieve what his daughter can scarcely dream of. He understands her disappointment and stands beside her, hoping to cheer her up as any father would. The way he achieves that, though, was vastly amusing. I loved how you choreographed the various shape changes he undergoes, from the miniscule to the grandiose. Moreover, I loved that final transformation... Godzilla? Brilliant. I know if I could turn into any animal, real or imagined, I think Godzilla and King Kong would both be on my short list!

As usual, you have delivered! I always enjoy your work and this chapter was no exception. I can't wait to see what you come up with the next time around. Great work!
Techno Skittles chapter 4 . 6/21/2010
That was so adorable!

"Daddy! You were on TV!"

BB: craaaaaaap.

Rae: *glares*

I could so see the scolding he's gonna get. -

Nice story. Can't wait until the next update. You got talent.
Smiral chapter 4 . 6/20/2010
These a amazing, but this one was my favorite by far. Don't stop writing
titanfan45 chapter 4 . 6/20/2010
I read another fan fic on this site where Beast and Raven's son goes back in time to meet his parents as teens. Beast Boy is stunned to learn that his son got the Logan's permenantly barred from Japan for wading ashore as Godzilla causing a panic and millions of dollars in damage.

I really liked this update from you. Raven's "Don't move" was hilarious. Coming in a very close second to it was Beast Boy's "Would you believe it wasn't me?" Great job on this one Sir Alwick.
titanfan45 chapter 3 . 6/9/2010
That would be a heck of a way to find out that she could morph into animals. Very enjoyable chapter.
Wolvmbm chapter 3 . 6/9/2010
So this is the birth of Coraline's powers, right ? :D

Because it seems like a great time to see Garfield train his daughter into honing in on her new abilities after they epxlain it to her. :D

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great series of tales like this one. ;)
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 3 . 6/9/2010
Very good, as usual. I always enjoy your work! Anyway, I liked how this began. Gar is set to enjoy some most likely scarce down time, preparing to catch up with one of his favorite shows. When his daughter comes and begs him to play a game, though-like any good father-he relents. The ensuing search was definitely amusing, and from Raven's point of view had to have been utterly confusing and baffling. No one really expects their nicely maintained home to be disheveled in a matter of minutes, but I suppose in the Logan household, you learn to expect the unexpected!

As usual, your writing was very storng and well done, and the storyline itself was cute, heartwarming, and funny without being overly so. Your descriptions were well played and the characters were all wonderfully portrayed. I suppose that is why I am always excited when you update; I know what to expect in terms of quality. Needless to say, awesome job and I can't wait to see what you dream up next :)
TheForceIsStrongWithThisOne chapter 3 . 6/9/2010
LOL! That was cute.
titanfan45 chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Great chapter. You did a fine job showing how hurtful and wrong it is to judge someone by appearence and/or skin color.
Novus Ordo Seclorum chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Very nice. Very nice, indeed. It is often a paradox of life... Would it be better to face hardships or to be continually accepted? On one hand, being instantly included allows one's self-esteem to skyrocket and one's sociability to reach levels unknown to jaded outsiders. At the same time, however, most people who receive adoration have little character, as they have never had to endure the barbs and pointed jeers or endure isolation or ostracism.

While 'rejects' must endure unpleasantries, they often cultivate character along the way. The suffer through the ills of life and find meaning and truth within it. After all, to live is to suffer; to survive is to find meaning amidst the suffering. In this case, Beast Boy and Raven both suffered greatly in their formative years, but that rejection made them who they are. All of the lonely nights, all of the friendless days, all of the bitter feelings and harsh juxtapositions.. all led to them becoming the people that they are...Who could deny that-despite their turbuluent upbringings-they became wonderful people?

Now, they must make an important decision for their daughter...or rather allow her to make the decision herself. The question remains, given the choice, which path would one choose? Surely, the path of least resistance is to wear the holoring and fit in with the crowd...shadows are security and no one would be the wiser. Yet, to do so would be greatly disconcerting, as she is denying her essence, the very fiber of her being to live up to acceptiable social mores. I feel that something gets lost along the way...maybe the sense of self, or perhaps the opportunity to become extraordinary rather than average.

I really love what you have written here, as always. Itis thought provoking. It really makes me question what I would do in that position... Part of me-the inveterate moralist-would like to believe that I would be strong-willed enough to bear the burden of uniqueness. Still, another part of me would yearn for that acceptance...that praise...that camaraderie. It is definitely a tough internal battle to wage. Very well done, as always.
Linzerj chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Awww...
Linzerj chapter 1 . 5/19/2010
Awww... so cute!
Wolvmbm chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Very interesting idea for a chapter. :D

I do wish for you to continue on with this idea of a chapter to form a 2 parter in showing how Raven and Garfield explain to their daughter the chance of her being judged by the way of their skin. :)

A very educational and understanding idea. :D

Please do keep up the good work upon such a great idea for such a wonderful series of stories. ;)
Chico Magnifico chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
Dude...that was deep! I mean, this just shows how Raven and BEast Boy may be different, but not so much since they both share rough childhoods due to their looks and backgrounds. This was beautiful, and also seeing their daughter Coraline in the end was cute and meaningful :)

Update soon bro! This is getting good! :)
Titans Obsessionist chapter 2 . 5/19/2010
I love how you decided to name the girl Coraline, it's a very pretty name.
133 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »