Reviews for Knowing
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Very nicely done-I liked this.
KMH1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Beautiful story. I also think that this could easily be a follow up to the famous parable.

I think that whether or not people believe in Jesus they struggle to show compassion. This pointed out that sometimes we let our hurt overshadow our heart. Like he said "if it was anyone else" compassion would have been easy.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Would you mind if I printed this off and let some youth I volunteer with read it and discuss it? I think we could have some amazing conversations fueled by it. Let me know. :)

Thanks.

Kim
Crismebella chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
You say that the Bible is a work of fiction and don't believe in God but you saw the truth of the story and learn from Jesus.
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This was really good. It sounds like it would be a great follow-up parable Jesus would tell to illustrate the importance of loving our neighbors even when they scorn us. Maybe the "pay it forward" parable. Thanks for taking the time to write this little one-shot. You know, for someone who doesn't believe His words, you seem to understand them better than many Americans who call themselves Christians.
Brendan Rizzo chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Well, since you're worried that no one will read this, I have to say that I liked it. This was an interesting follow-up to Jesus' parable.
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Wow, I loved this! It was great!

I can kinda relate to it..with out boring you with details, I was friends with someone that abandoned me at a really bad time in my life..and I know it isn't right to think this, but if said person that left me when I really needed a friend..(and, for the many years we were friends she had said she'd always be there for me..) if she ever feels, or goes through what I was going through a part of me would feel glad..cause it would be justice for me.

Again, I know that's not right to feel! I know it isn't..but I can't help it...or can I who knows.

But, if it ever falls upon myself to help her in some way (if i have to whatever the situation..if i ever see her again that is..) I hope I can find it with in myself to help.

Wow, my reviews usually aren't so...um..open about myself? but I really liked this story. Awesome job here!

P.S. Yeah, I totally agree with you..the Bible section here on the site is...odd..to say the least.