Reviews for The Queen's Happiness
Groovy Angel chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Great fic. I can see completely the comparison of Numara being like the ancient Mediterranean countries. Your description was enchanting and captivating. I particularly like how Jansen grabs Ming from the shadows of the bridge for a lover's tryst, and how although she shies away from the city folk, with Jansen at her side she is coming out of her shell more - becoming more 'human/normal' in a way. You captured the characters very well throughout. An enjoyable read indeed :)
Mechwar chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Damn good stuff, and especially nice to see people still kicking around in the Lost Odyssey section. Hope you contribute more cause you did a great job here.

Mechwar
CirceKat chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Loved this! The parallel between Numara and ancient Greece (pagan rites, Dionysus and the like) is especially fitting. I've always imagined Numara as a society where arts, music, and festivals celebrating the seasons and rebirth are revered. A thousand year old queen like Ming would naturally be viewed as an untouchable goddess. The descriptive terms you use to describe the city at night are wonderful. You feel as if you are wandering the streets with Ming.

I also like how you use the ability of Ming to sense Jansen's magical energy as a symbol of the close bond between them. You capture Ming's thoughts perfectly as a woman who has finally let herself give in to emotion and love. As a romantic myself, I thoroughly enjoyed this vignette about my favorite LO couple. Excellent work!