Reviews for The Way to Win in the End
werewolfsfan chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
ccase13 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
This is a good story even if it being set in Detroit, so close to Sam saying yes to Lucifer makes it a little sad. Sam going to hell on purpose was just heartbreaking.
BeachDreamer chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Awesome. Sheer awesome! :)
Annie8R chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
That was really well done. Thank you! I think that we need fics like this right now. :) Well, I know that I do...

Let's hope that the writers of the show address some of these issues. It's about time!

Again, well done. :)
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Oh, that was such a beautiful continuation and tensely written, Weesta.

How marvelous you worked up to the point where Dean finally understood the whole picture and took back his amulet... very convincing and well-thoughtout.

All thumbs up!
shmrck14 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Yes, Yes, Yes! I would love for it to go this way!
TraSan chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Sam's done practically nothing but apologize this season, take responsibility, and try to make things right. The difference to me, is truly, that Dean's stopped REALLY listening to his brother and he can't hear or feel what's there. Too many things have transpired and there's so much going on that Dean is losing himself (and his brother) in the fallout.

I'm hoping by the end of the season we have balance instead of blame in our little world because quite frankly, it's stories such as this that give me hope...much more so than the show at times.

Nicely done.
ROBINV chapter 1 . 4/9/2010

I love this! What a simple, perfect ending, no angels, no demons, not even Bobby, just the two of them together, saving the world!

Love, Robin
cold kagome chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
AW! I LOVE IT... YOU AWESOME
Wren95 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
I am so appreciative that you wrote a real story. So often around these boards the stories have good ideas but poor communication.

I'm a total Dean girl. But can see where you're coming from inside Sam's head.

I'm sorry that your other two reviewers were 1) not confident enough to leave a name for you to talk to and 2) not aware enough to see that you're looking from one perspective and not writing an epic.

I like the cadence of your story and why you're taking it there. Nice job.
Weesta chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
I wish I could address your concerns directly, but the reviews weren't signed. I wrote this fic (and the previous one) in response to a "fix-it" challenge - the goal was to get the amulet back around Dean's neck where it belongs. Trying to address this topic in less than 1,0 words is difficult so my POV was radically pared down.

Dean's behavior in the first fic was impulsive, but I wouldn't say he was acting like a spoiled child - he was HURT and I had to express than in very few words. I certainly don't want to imply that there aren't hurts or behaviors to address for both brothers, but in my fic bubble I just needed to get them back on the same page (and Dean wearing the amulet).

Hopefully, Fernanda, Kripke will work it all out and we'll all be happy in the end!
Fernanda chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
You know - I really wish it could be this simple. I agree totally with the previous reviewer - you write it all as though Dean's behaving like a spoiled petulant child with no reason or justification for feeling hurt, let down, or betrayed.

It's okay, Sam - anything you've done, the disloyalty, the selfishness, the lies, the demon blood . . . they were just you being independent and clever and thinking for yourself. You can stomp all over your brother feelings whenever you like - after all, he's weak and a real sap for loving you enough to let it happen . . . in a perfect world we all want the total freedom to do whatever we want without the reproach or guilt of hurting our loved ones. In reality, it isn't quite like that. It's called love and family and duty and honour . . .

This won't ever be right until Sam owns and takes responsibility for all the wrongs and hurt he's caused. Dean has - every minute of every day. He's drowning in a sea of self-hatred, doubt and blame. So much so, he may never surface again!
anon chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
i read both your stories and refrained from commenting on the first - but really do you not recognise that Dean has any reason to feel hurt by Sam? Seriously - is evrything Sam does justified and everything Dean does an over reaction of a spiteful and petty man? thats what i see in your last story and this one ... sigh