Reviews for File Not Found
Jeff Excellence chapter 7 . 5/21
This was also a pretty good chapter, although the descriptions with regards to the combat could have possibly been more vivid (it wasn't bad, though, overall). I quite liked how you conveyed Gardenia in this chapter, particularly with her little fingerwagging at Lana for relying explicitly on her Pokémon instead of some of her own strategy in battleI wonder if this ends up happening, given Kevin's falling out with his previous trainer at the start of the story; is he difficult to work with, perhaps?

I also noticed that Kevin himself is almost effortless in his fightingcombined with his apparent confidence in his prowess, I wonder if this'll remain the case? I'm curious to see how he takes losses.
Jeff Excellence chapter 6 . 5/21
I liked this chapter, too! The introduction of someone who could possibly be a rival character adds some spice to the story, although with most things it does depend on how the character's arc is doneeither way they seem likeable enough so far. The possible rivalry between Kevin and Ifern, and the implication of the tribal nature of the Chimchar evolutionary line is another good element within the storyI wonder how this may come into play when considering the whole "rights thing."
Jeff Excellence chapter 5 . 5/21
Once again, a good chapter. I really liked how Lana's childlike optimism, combined with her reaction to the realisation that sometimes Pokémon such as this Buneary are genuinely depressed, was played. She is a very accurate portrayal of such a young age, which I find is hard to do, so props to you on that!

I also liked the mention of the Shades and the further exploration of the concept of talking Pokémon that have equal rightsand, as it would seem, intelligenceto humans. It was a nice piece of backstory that I'm excited to see be developed, and the implication that some Pokémon fell into a depression as a result of their new lives is a fascinating one.
Jeff Excellence chapter 4 . 5/21
More information about the whole talking Pokémon situationthe concept of naturalists and the whole "rights thing" is a pretty good trope, I must say. The thought of discourse over Pokémon being perceived as and treated like intelligent beings, and over what rights they should have, is a pretty curious one; furthermore, the implication that Pokémon are intelligent enough to consent to learning speaking and reading English, as well as master it, and that this is implied to be a thing some Pokémon opted out of, is quite fascinating if I do say so myself. The way things look, you are doing justice to one of my favourite tropesnice work!

Aside from that, not a whole lot to say on this one, other than that I liked it. Using third person to dive into Kevin's inner monologue is a good move that is well done here, and he seems to be emerging as quite a detailed character in his own right. Kari may be the star of the show, I feel, and the other characters, I can't wait to see them develop. Good work once again!
Jeff Excellence chapter 3 . 5/21
More intriguing interaction between Kevin and Karia dynamic that I'm very interested to see blossom. Perhaps Kari isn't as scary as she seems...? Speaking of character interactions, the call between Kevin and his mother was my personal highlight of this chapterit shows that their relationship is quite a strange and perhaps difficult one, not helped by the apparent absence of a father figure in his life. It also does a good job of adding to the mystery of this story.

Speaking of which, your manner of describing things helps add to the strangeness of the situation. Poor Kevin; it must be hard on the little guy to cope with whatever it is that's going on, being told that someone's been stalking him all this time and whatnot.
Jeff Excellence chapter 2 . 5/21
The plot thickens! It seems that Kevin is actually quite confident in regards to his ability in battlean interesting turn of events, I must say. Perhaps he is just on the shy side, or not a particularly social creature? Either way, this chapter did a pretty good job at elaborating on his character, I feel. I quite like him so far.

Your descriptions are pretty good, too, as in this chapter they add to the feel of Floaroma Town quite wellthe one hitch I do have with this chapter is that they could perhaps be a little more detailed, but aside from that, I thought it was once again a good read. The aspect of Shaymin being brought up was quite an interesting little tidbit, too; the worldbuilding in this is not half bad so far, and I wonder if this was an example of foreshadowing...

On a final note, I'd like to apologise for and correct an error I made in my previous review; the matter of talking Pokémon was addressed in the summary, and in the opening of the first chapter. I think I understand the route being taken here more clearly, and it looks to be quite an interesting concept.
Jeff Excellence chapter 1 . 5/21
Hi! I know I'm... slightly late to this story, but I noticed there was a sequel and decided to start here before I got onto that. With that being said, though, this is a very interesting start to things, and I quite enjoyed itso far, this story definitely stands up well enough on its own!

Off the bat, we have a good idea of what the characters are like, and the roots of a nice dynamic between our characters to kick things offbetween our protagonist, Kevin, who seems to suffer from a lack of self-esteem, homesickness and a rather uppity trainer in Simon (who I'm intrigued to see if and how he appears in the storyLana, a newbie, timid little trainer who seems to be trying her best; Kari, a rather jagged and gruff Turtwig; and Styler, who we don't have much info on. In particular, I'm interested to see how Kevin's apparent disillusionment with trainers is expanded and developed uponthe implication that he believes trainers see Pokémon as little more than goods is one that hooks me in, as I am led to believe perhaps it is reflective of his own confidence?

Furthermore, the premise of a Pokémon's journey with a new trainer, you've set up is one that, while not exactly new, is still great when done well, and so I want to see how it turns out. Surprisingly, I've seen few fics where Pokémon can speak outright English to humansit's a setup I'm unsure on, personally, but you seem to be doing it quite well, so kudos on that. I wonder if it'll be explained as to why such direct communication is possible.

Overall, a very good start!
Luxionids chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
Very nice chapter to start on. Keven definatley deserved someone better than Simon and Lana seems like she'll be better. I liked the interaction among the characters and it was interesting, especially Kevin's. Great chapter and I can't wait to read the rest of the story!
mudkiprox chapter 42 . 1/23/2012
. I can't believe it's the end of this story! Kyle asked Kari to marry him! That's adorable! I loved the last line there, this story is all about "coming of age" should have done this for English! Lol no really that was great.
Once An Oddity chapter 41 . 1/12/2012
Wow... you defiantly surprised me here. The thing with the girl trainer, I was kinda expecting. I knew it would happen any time now. Kevin simply took too many things from her. And Kevin's moment of brilliance was somewhat a surprise, but with all of that battling he did, it would make sense that he'd know some strategy. But the las two? You already had me at chuno not trying to kill them, but the master ball too? Wow... just-just wow...
hetaliagurl123 chapter 40 . 1/11/2012
Wow. I mean really. but I think it might be better if you added some of the people from the show into it, and add some shippings. I doesnt even have to be a modern shipping (Although Iris is great nee?) Even contestshipping is great!

Overall I thought this was great, but wouuld pokemon ever act like this? Also I read your profile cause I was interested in you and I have to wonder what you mean about the sonic fandom, Sonamy has awesome stories...
Once An Oddity chapter 40 . 12/27/2011
Make that 3 reader's. You know, I feel like a complete idiot. For a whole year (and a half?) I've been reading this, and throughout all of this time, I thought I had reviewed (at least once!) but after looking through your reviews, I discovered the embarrassing truth. So my apologies as a reader for being unresponsive. I'll start making up for it with this review!

Kevin did something stupid again... so what else is new? What was that? Chuno actually as a heart? And a family? I'm really hoping Chuno lives up to the promise he agreed to. Well, sorta. I don't really want him to kill everyone, but getting him out of the way and possibly becoming at the very least slightly benevolent seems pretty good. Great Chapter!
mudkiprox chapter 40 . 12/26/2011
O.o Best. Chapter. Ever. I loved Cory and Kevin talking in the snow!
mudkiprox chapter 38 . 7/21/2011
CONGRATULATIONS! You have made snarkshipping an official one-sided shipping! Go you!
Guest chapter 38 . 7/18/2011
...but of course the half-crazy pikachu shows up.

...someone should remind that "naturalist", that in the event of unwanted capture, the simplest way to get released is to say "I've already tried the lifestyle and don't like it, now let me go before i zap you"...and to say it in human.

Hey, don't look at me, I don't have a ground type!
55 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »