Reviews for Islands Like Glass Towers
What'd be funny, is if Sora's first word was 'Light' or 'Heart'.

Great story, going to the next one now.
the door to light chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Definitely a good read! I didn't even stop for a minute.
nown unnoun chapter 12 . 4/27/2012
The one thing I'd change is the bit with the boy that arrived on the kid's Island at the end.

Have it so that the boy showed up with his grandfather, who got him the room, and that the boy was still mostly comatose when he and his grandfather left.

I'm assuming that you know about BBS by now, so I'll be brief.

Ven definitely wasn't walking and talking by the time he left the Islands.

I could maybe see Xehanort booking a room for the two of them, as he wouldn't have wanted Ven to get sick and die in the storm.

Not while Ven, who had just linked his heart with Sora's and resummoned the Keyblade, was still useful to him.
FrostFire15 chapter 12 . 12/17/2011
Gah I love this point of view!
inkbender chapter 11 . 4/7/2011
Sora has been born! And his Tower completed by Emi. The visualization I received in my head was so graphic and real and inspired a rush of emotion when Sora's heart was finally finished. And his first act was to reach out all around him to other heart towers enshrouded in darkness-wow, the powerful imagery. The flash of "lightning" outside the bedroom window, Sora reaching out to touch other people's broken hearts; I'm already considering this canon in my mind, that along with Scribbler's "The Sky and the Dawn and the Sun". Your writing is so strong and powerful and this fanfiction stands firm with canon and that makes me love it all the more.
inkbender chapter 10 . 4/7/2011
Here's the big clincher, the part where Taro and Emi realize that there is so much more out there they can't even begin to comprehend... but to know the fate of their child even before the child has been born, that's something to contemplate. The glass tower that Emi's building... is that Dive to the Heart platforms that Sora lands on in the beginning of the first game? Interesting concept if that pans out, and even more interesting that Sora's mother experienced the construction of it long before Sora himself knew about it. Sora's parents don't know what they're seeing, but they know there's a lot of it and it's strange foreshadowing to all the worlds their son is going to travel to,and how he's going to play an integral part in the whole of Kingdom Hearts, and all the implications that follow being a Keyblade Master. Wow. Again, incredible case study of the parents of the Destiny Island children.
inkbender chapter 7 . 4/7/2011
You mentioned a spoiler, eep... just wanted to mention I caught it and it helped tie the story back to the universe of Kingdom Hearts. I'm surprised the parents of the Destiny Islands would trust their children to row off to the far out Play Island, knowing the distance and the rowboat ride and all the things that could go wrong. But then again, the Destiny Islands were built specifically to be a child's paradise-video game logic.
inkbender chapter 6 . 4/7/2011
Islands like glass towers... hmmm... I can't imagine why she would dream of a glass tower, though the part about the flat thought wanting Hearts sent me into a negative stance, despite Light following afterwards.

You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge on the strains of early motherhood :/
inkbender chapter 5 . 4/7/2011
The conversation is not only believable, it is genuine and catching. You are an amazing writer, and I was just as frantic as Taro to find Emi.

I got to thinking about why an original character story attracts me so much, and another conclusion I reached is that you don't use Caucasian/ Japanese/ crazy mixture of Caucasian-Asian names like John or Sakura-Rose. Sora, Riku, Kairi-they're all plain and simple names (but still have meaning); likewise, Taro and Lana are short and simple but still retain an exotic feel (haha, I know taro is a purple sweet potato...)
inkbender chapter 3 . 4/7/2011
I don't know why I decided to click on this link, since I don't particularly like OC stories. But the summary drew me in: the game chalks it up to video game logic, and players never stop and think about things beyond the main characters' points of view. In other stories I've read concerning Sora's and Riku's parents, I've never had the emotional attachment to truly care about what they feel about their children. And an exploration of the Destiny Islands in the eyes of a settled adult, instead of the eyes of restless teenagers, is definitely a different perspective.

You haven't disappointed in this fanfiction. It's realistic and thorough, and, casting aside my wishes to glimpse references to Sora and Kairi and Riku, the relationship you've built between Taro and Emi is self-supporting and attractive (enough to keep me reading into the wee hours of the morning!)
Flightfoot chapter 12 . 9/18/2010
Ok, Sora's cute. I'm off to read the sequel. By the, way, I don't think that this really belongs in romance. Personally, I think that family would be a better choice.
mooglestookmyheart chapter 12 . 7/7/2010
god knows i loved your fic. are you planning on making some sort of a sequel? i really hope you do :)
xDelfin chapter 12 . 7/3/2010
WHAAAT? That's it? D:

BUT BUT I don't understand!

The towers...the voice. I can kind of draw the conclusion that it will be Sora's premonitions as in KH1, but DX! It was great to read! I kinda wish you wrote more Riku. That little 'hi' made my day xD You write beautifully. Thank you for this story ~

AriaxCiel chapter 12 . 6/29/2010
i loved was cute...especially riku only saying "hi" to sora...its so cute
Flightfoot chapter 11 . 6/24/2010