Reviews for Restored To Life
harpomarx chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
I am delighted to have found your Peter Wimsey stories, and hope that more are yet to come.
Lythande1972 chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
I liked your characterizations of Bunter, Peter, and Jerry very much. I think your writing is closer to Sayers' than mine! Very gentle and still quite moving at points. Nice job.
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
This is just lovely! You capture the voices of the characters so well, especially in the interaction between Lord Peter and Bunter at the end. But it's not just accurate in the conversations: the manners are also well done, and that's important because Sayers does write a comedy of manners in just about all of the Lord Peter stories. You're particularly good with handling the emotion of Peter and Jerry in their reunion scene. Lord Peter's ruminations about the costs and benefits of his most recent adventure are both appropriate and very much in character, as a premise for and conclusion to this piece. Well done!
Jan chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
What a delight! I really enjoyed this story, beautifully written. You very much capture Dorothy Sayers' way with words. I particularly enjoyed the bit about familiarity...
Dickensian812 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Nice job!
Captain Weirdo chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
Loved this. Thank you so much for writing it!

cw
smallrose chapter 1 . 5/15/2010
Very nicely done! You've managed to capture Sayers' characters really well.
Allstrangewonders chapter 1 . 5/14/2010
Very nice, some great one-liners... love Jerry :D

Definitely one of my favorite LPW short stories, so yay for you for doing the fic!
Azdak chapter 1 . 5/11/2010
This is great! Full of wonderful lines and wonderful moments (Bunter supplying the nursemaid with handkerchiefs, her soggy gratitude, Jerry suddenly grown up, Bunter prioritising the razor...) It's a terrific sideways look at how Peter's absence affected those who loved him (Charles constantly blowing his nose in a most unprofessional fashion - I loved that) and his own gradual realisation of hos deep the impact runs.
Nans chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Woo Hoo what a great Wimsey and Bunter

I Love it.

Have been checking here for more and was rewarded today with your delicous story.

Nans