Reviews for Someone Call for a Narrator?
beege chapter 7 . 1/6/2013
Perfection.
Suzanne chapter 7 . 1/27/2012
This was really different in style and language from a lot of the stories here. Loved it!
Megwill chapter 7 . 4/21/2011
"The other thing is this: when he fell in love with her it was the first time she fell in love with herself. It was the first time she was funny. Because he laughed. The first time she was worth saving. Because he unburied her. The first time she was worth sticking around for. Because he did." Excellant that is where you brought it home.
tala-hiding chapter 7 . 8/12/2010
Thank you so much for this story. I can't believe I've never read this before. I normally don't write reviews but I think this entire story deserves it because it reads so much like the episode and the things the audience (including myself) may have been thinking while the entire thing played out. So thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Best parts so far:

"And he's not quite who he's going to be yet either. He hasn't gone to the end of his rope to pull her out of the sand. He hasn't joined the circus. He hasn't beaten an addiction and boxed in Vegas anyway. He hasn't threatened to kill for her or made good on the threat. He's not our Booth. He's not wrestling with the angels yet."

- The last line was especially perfect with regards to Booth.

"That learning to be in love means the same thing as being in love."

- Brennan has to learn this, seriously. I'm hoping the journey of S6 is in this direction.

"Was this the end? Did they miss it? Or will they get another chance. Someone once told me, 'Nothing in this universe happens just once. Infinity goes in both directions.'"

- I was actually looking for this quote the other day, because it totally goes against what S5 Brennan said about the definition of insanity. :) This little line totally throws her fear under the bus, so to speak. So thank you for that. :)

Awesome Angela voice as well. She's the perfect narrator for something like this. :)
Jillian chapter 7 . 6/23/2010
I love this story. I love the insight you bring, the different layers you highlight. Thanks for writing this.
stormbinder22 chapter 7 . 6/4/2010
This story is incredible, it's funny and tragic and makes total sense, I love it, you're very talented.
Something Witty Goes Here chapter 7 . 5/11/2010
OMG, LOVE THIS! It's amazing on every level of awesomeness. Seriously, I don't know what to say. But, I do have some lines that I fell in love with. They are:

Woah," he says. "Woah, woah, woah-woah. Whoa." Sweets! For Heaven's sake! Haven't you learned to be careful with that word? A person might think Brennan's asked you for sperm or something. (I was cracking up at this! Hysterical! I love all of the little inside jokes from previous episodes you put in here)

And we're like, yes, Sweetie, most people make impassioned confessions about their heritage before embarking on drunken hook ups.

My book is crap!" (Well, honey, Gordon Wyatt already told you that.)

He's uncomfortable with the term 'bitch-slap.'

I LOVE THIS!
Fantastical Fwooper chapter 7 . 5/5/2010
woaah. just read this all in one shot. it was good. REALLY good. great idea having angela narrarate, and some of her side-comments made me laugh out loud. the last chapter was the best by far. brennan's reasons for saying what she did were really well explained. of course, now im re-depressed over this episode all over again, but whatever. thanks for the story!
DifferentialEquation chapter 7 . 5/2/2010
oh geez.
reading it was harder than watching it.
"when he fell in love with her it was the first time she fell in love with herself. It was the first time she was funny. Because he laughed. The first time she was worth saving. Because he unburied her. The first time she was worth sticking around for. Because he did."
good lord.
i just hope that 'the begining in the end' brings something good, cause its gonna be painful watching the next couple of episodes thinking about how "They almost broke open."
African Violet chapter 7 . 4/19/2010
Loved it!
EzGoEr chapter 7 . 4/17/2010
that was really good and someone should slap hart hanson big time for that ending! i like the "Nothing in this universe happens just once. Infinity goes in both directions." thing that was romantic i guess
Still A Mystery chapter 7 . 4/16/2010
I enjoyed this story very much. Thank you for Angela's voice, you did a wonderful job. I especially liked the end quote. Hope to read more of your work in the near future.
PhoenixTears89 chapter 7 . 4/16/2010
"Nothing in this universe happens just once. Infinity goes in both directions."

S1 Brennan had some serious moments of awesomeness. Seriously, if S5 Brennan became more like S1 Brennan I think that would, ironically, be some major growth.

What a lovely conclusion. I noticed your writing getting more... figurative, more poetic than in previous chapters- closer to the way you wrote Carnivale, for example. I honestly kept forgetting that you were writing Angela's POV; it sounded so much like the way you write your omniscient narrator in other fics.
Chocopie09 chapter 7 . 4/16/2010
Aw...this was so sad and sweet. It was very well-written.

You described their feelings so well.

-Chocopie09
AmandaFriend chapter 7 . 4/16/2010
Absolutely brilliant.

I was so looking forward to this story's conclusion because I loved Angela's sassiness. I also love the notion that for them to be together as a couple, they will have to expose the "soft spots." For Brennan to love Booth and fail, she will also lose the notion that she is loveable. That she can lover herself.

Her rejection makes so much sense within that light. Certainly she's the child of abuse and abandonment and genius. But she is also the child who never accepted the notion of love since she knew that she had so little to love. Why else would she be isolated from her peers and abandoned by her parents and rejected by her brother?

The reverberations of that rejection will rock the two of them to their cores.

Do you think, too, that Brennan's lack of a father and brother to show her that men could find her attractive and funny and respected also affected the woman she became?

I truly enjoyed this piece and laughed out loud several times. I also saw a new layer to understand through your eyes in tne concluding scene.

Thank you.