Reviews for Victory: Accidental
cindylili chapter 1 . 2/2
I love this one, everything makes sense, and keeping a tribute as a backup was a good idea :)
The Anguished One chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
Poor Lucas... used as a tool, even in victory.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Mindblown

The Capitol having a back up victor is pure genius. He was *their* back up plan
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
This was rather fascinating to read. I was rather hesitate to read at first, because as you said it sound far fetch, but by the end. It make sense. Lucas was allowed to live to avert rebellion. That was really rather clever. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2013
The whole fic was good, but the ending... that ending is the cherry on top!
c chapter 1 . 5/14/2012
cannon the thing that shoots when tributes die
Briarpaw chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
"Some of you may already be declining my invitation." Or all of them. Gamemakers with no imagination who keep using the same tricks until the tributes get wise to them indeed.

So, they kept Lucas alive in order not to have two people from the same district left standing and in the position to try that double suicide trick? Hmmm. Did they originally imagine using Lysandra for that?
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Awesome! I love how much thought you put into making the District 10 boy's 'accidental' victory plausible. I love these 'Victory' oneshots because they are so original and creative, and of the ones I've read so far I think this is my favorite because it's the most interesting, most unique, and I like the character the most. (Weird, I know, but I have a thing for the minor characters.) It's terrible to read them knowing that Katniss and Peeta will die, but interesting to see how the other character survives.

I felt so happy for Lucas, persevering and making it to Victory. The suffering he went through was so real and well-written, I almost felt like I was in the arena. Then when I found out it was the Capitol's doing all along - wham, that really hit me hard.
PK9 chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
This story is brilliant. And it's entirely plausible too. With the tracker jackers knocking out the majority of the tributes for multiple days, it's entirely possible everyone just assumed Lucas was killed and they missed his death recap.
Martin Forum chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
The end part was soooooo hilarious! Good thing he didn't eat those berries or the rebellion hadn't happened! I love it!
Team Peeta chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
So did Katniss and Peeta both eat the berries forgetting about District 10 in this AU? I guess so right? WOW. This was really good!
Red Sonja of the North chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
sick! loved it!
gethsemane342 chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
M, i dunno, i think you could have done it from after the Games if you'd wanted: after all, fanfiction is about writing a different story from what we were given. Hell, a lot of authors don't even bother to explain why they changed it.

Nevertheless, this is interesting - i love your last lines especially - and i always did like D10 boy ;) One or two typos but nothing major.

Keep on writing,

Geth
caisha702 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
We're over half way through now...

I don't know why you didn't want to post this one (but I do understand how difficult it is to write someone who is on their own all of the time ;)). I really like it and you know I love the ending. I think it's realistic and sounds like something the Gamemakers might have done.

I loved the grief he felt for Lysa too - she mourns his death as well.

Caisha
mockingjay1199 chapter 1 . 4/9/2010
Lucas has always been one of my favorites, for reasons that elude me. He just seems so smart, even if he never really had much of a chance. I love how he wins by simply sitting there, and the thing with the berries was brilliant! The last part was pretty depressing, but I love how he figures out why he won. It is really kind of sad that the Capitol uses Lucas as a way out of their problems. I just think Lucas is way too cool to be a back-up plan. Though I don't really know how he would win otherwise... Anyway, amazing work, and I love the way you write Lucas. I am not happy to have to wait a week for the next installment, but I will survive somehow.