Reviews for Better to Honour
Anaelyssa chapter 1 . 4/3
Nicely written.
Smiling Seshat chapter 1 . 2/26
I like this. It would have been interesting to see this side of Danzo in the manga.
ArtimuosJackson chapter 1 . 11/23/2017
Yes like Lex Luthor.
Poodie chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
This has got to be the most beautiful re-write I have ever read. I, much like you, never quite hated Danzo like some other Naruto fans had so adamantly, but instead, I felt appreciative of the role he played in the franchise as a villain. His story is so understood that people start to misunderstand it, and then they just flat out want to kill him in the worst way possible; however, they forget that Danzo is human, and he was afraid. All of Danzo's actions stemmed from the self-preservation he and, and collided quite uncomfortably with his want to preserve Konoha. Almost every single thing Danzo did was for Konoha, yet, he is hated. He is hated and despised and loathed as well as every other possible way to detest someone! All because of a little miscommunication...

This made me cry because it is beautiful. I loved every word of it.

Danzo could have died a hero. He could have been a martyr. But instead, because of his endless love for a village he wanted to see bloom, but not so much the people in it -because of his own self-preservation and ideas of what a Shinobi should truly be- he will be hated, and people will spit on his grave because of his love. A love for the village that would never love him back...

~Poodie
SilverStream1706 chapter 1 . 9/28/2017
Whoa. This is an awesome rendering of how much canon would have changed if Tobirama managed to have some sense and see what was wrong with Danzo and how to help him. I liked how you showed that the Uchiha coup didn't have a peaceful solution but at least it wasn't a full on massacre. The only thing I have a problem with is showing Fugaku to be a power hungry warmonger, as in my headcanon I think of him as being torn between what's good for his clan, love for his children and loyalty to his village and being under constant scrutiny from the village administration as well as his own clan members. But, regardless of that, this one shot was beautifully written and managed to make me sympathise with Danzo, so kudos to you!
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 7/7/2017
the best villains are heroes who have lost their way, and its always cool to see what could have happen if they had not fallen so far from right
RinnaZevran1987 chapter 1 . 4/2/2017
Love It.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2017
Fuck! This fic has the best characterisation of danzo I have ever read. Fucking brilliant! Gave me goosebumps throughout.
pianomaster135 chapter 1 . 3/7/2017
Danzo was a tool who wanted personal power above all else; the idea of 'doing it for the village' was basically a ruse. This fic does nothing but glorify massacre and genocide of the Uchiha
unclear expulsion chapter 1 . 1/28/2017
Interesting, a good read.
SincerelyDandy chapter 1 . 10/3/2016
I'm not crying, it's just raining on my face.
Boomer 001 chapter 1 . 10/2/2016
Danzo always was a like/hate character for me. On one hand he did many dispicable things and on the other the safety of Konoha was always on the forefront of his mind. I'm actually glad I read this story. It's nice to know the possible scenarios that could take place if someone simply asks "What if." Awesome story!
Mukuro-LeonHeart chapter 1 . 9/22/2016
I will always love me a well written redemption fic.
XLUFERX chapter 1 . 9/8/2016
I like Danzo but the way he is presented is canon is pretty lacking if not bad. And what can you say in Fanfiction? Nit many can represent him how he should be.
Wildcatshadow chapter 1 . 8/25/2016
Seems like a plausible result if you manage to head Danzo off that early