Reviews for TCOT Dubious Bridegroom, Extended
Michelle285 chapter 8 . 7/2/2011
I'm a bit annoyed that you wrote this story. Why? Because I had to stay up so late reading it! :) I tried to stop, I really did, but it was just toooo good! :) I would've reviewed every chapter, but the mean cliffhangers and such, I just had to see what happened next! Now, as for the plot, I loved the idea! Now, I'm sure you know I didn't read the book, but I was able to understand what was going on anyway. I love love love your style of writing! :) I also like that he calls her baby. I'm not sure she would allow it (?)...but I do like it. :) It's so sweet and seems like something he would do. I love that she won't get married to him, again, it seems very her. :) I loved when he told her they were going to make new memories *sigh* I also loved loved the epilogue! I'm not going to say it was my favorite because I loved the whole thing, but I loved it! :) I liked when they were talking about her present and she said, "It knocks? How polite." That just cracked me up! And the end...the movers are bringing her bed! Again, a laugh! :) Great great story! Sorry this review is so long...but I guess that's what happens when I don't review until the end! :) Great job! I loved it! :)))
TB's LMC chapter 8 . 5/23/2011
Extremely well-written. So deeply emotional without being over-the-top. So REAL in what happens to Della, and Perry's realizing something's wrong, and then the aftermath of it all. You are a fantastic writer. I'm really enjoying your take on Perry and Della...they deserve to be treated this well!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 8 . 6/1/2010
Wow. I liked the story. Thanks for writing this one!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 7 . 6/1/2010
Wow. I like this story. Hope you write another one sooner or later!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 6 . 6/1/2010
Good story line, Captain. Easy reading too. When is Barbara Hale's birthday? I know I only watched bits and pieces of Perry Mason but never sat through the entire hour of it, but I happen to think the books are a bit better.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 4 . 5/22/2010
Entertaining story.
Queen of Spiritual chapter 3 . 5/20/2010
Whoa! Frank Livesey sounds like a bad guy to me. I read a lot of mysteries enough to know, but he sounds pretty mean to me!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 2 . 5/20/2010
Wow! I can't believe she said no when he asked her to marry him. If I were Della, I'd say yes!
Queen of Spiritual chapter 1 . 5/20/2010
Wow. I know I've never read the book yet, but I liked the beginning of the chapter, Captain. Interesting. I am thinking of doing a sequel to my first Perry Mason story, but haven't figured when that will be yet.
Quinnie3 chapter 8 . 5/4/2010
What do ya mean..sweaty carpet fitters...they do no sweat they perspire gently whilst fitting a beautiful carpet.."grin"

How I have loved this story...all those words you have mixed into a brilliant piece...every time I came across little groupings like "delinquent correspondence" "steeled her resolve" and boy oh boy were there tons of them all the way through I was thinking...this is the real business..wonderful stuff..
Quinnie3 chapter 7 . 5/4/2010
You had me worried there for awhile...I thought she was going to back away for good...hope Perry can get to the bottom of why she is not ready to fully commit...
Quinnie3 chapter 6 . 5/4/2010
Well I think I do...no, I hope I do..

That was tough going...it seems "sorry" is just not enough..
Quinnie3 chapter 5 . 5/4/2010
YES! at last...Perry finally rescued his dame..I was matching Perry's every blow..brilliant stuff..

I loved this bit..
"Large warm hands closed over hers. Perry looked up at her, the question written in his eyes. She took a breath and nodded in response. Carefully he re-buttoned the blouse, pausing as he reached the top button to run his fingers lightly over the skin of her neck"
So soft and gentle after all the squirming and bish bash..lovely touch..
Quinnie3 chapter 4 . 5/4/2010
Goodness Della has got Perry in a tiz...all he had to do was open the door...but but but...phew..

I love the moving back in time and from scene to scene...and now finally I feel that Perry has something to push him into action...well I hope so..
GratefullyDead chapter 8 . 5/1/2010
As always - perfection. Really excellent and a terrific extension of the book. Wow! How do you always get it so right? Spot on characterizations and dialogue. Fabulous. You know I'm a fan!
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »