Reviews for Wiping the Slate
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Well. I guess you have to actually deal with the problems between you when they're staring you in the face. Or you're staring yourself in the face. Nice for the shapeshifter to play devil's advocate and make Dean sort out his own opinions about what he and Sam had been doing and relating lately.

Agggggg, the way Dean sent out that homing signal, though. Eek. Not so good. I can't imagine doing that to yourself. But at least it got the job done and lead Cas straight to him. Which, in turn, brought Sam there and to the rescue.

The way they were able to sort everything out at the end was really nice.
shookenuppepsi chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I love that when you heal their brotherly rifts, you don't just skim over it. Their problems still cause scars. But their bond is strong enough that they can work through it, can take pleasure from simple things like relaxing and watching late night TV.
hpsupernaturalfan chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Good story. I really enjoyed it.
Liafrombrazil chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
Once again it's hard to explain how much a story can bring up feelings and thoughts. Impactant story. Dean's sacrificed all for Sam, for his family, so it makes sense that he started to scratching the sigil off his ribs. This was a strong scene, very well done, but the echos that crossed his mind really caught my attention. He was under indescribable pain, but the most important thing was his urgence to get his brother back. Actually, he wasn't in indescribable pain. You described it very very well. His pain in Hell, that's the one you say can't be described, but when you pointed that Dean doesn't say that pain sucked big time, instead of he says it hurt like Hell, we just get it. I really liked the comparison and that Dean kept trying to figure out his brother's emotions and his own feelings.
I've read it when your first posted it and I'm reading it again now. That mention to the amulet was heart breaking, but helped to fixed things out. Both of them are not the same anymore, Sam's an adult and Dean has to face it. I love he tried to act less like a boss and more like a brother and a partner. I love both are trying to show their love each other in the end.
For an angsty piece, it's filled with funny references, thank you, and hopeful insights. Loved it.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 4/24/2010
I love that stories full of angst and brotherly love on then

They are cute D And Dean is completely insane, but everyone already know that xD

Well, I liked it

See ya around o/

Rosetta
amyblair chapter 1 . 4/20/2010
A while back you wrote a story called, "I'd Leave for You". My all time KH Korossy story... this one is a close, close second.

There is something in the way that you write this story that is different than many of the others. I don't know if it's a looseness in this or if it's the tone of everything, but it's like you switched from playing the piano to playing the bass.

And you're really good at the bass.

The story started off with a bang, but started really jumping at me around "Maybe your deal didn't end the world, Dean, but it ended mine."

'... following Dad and Dean and Ruby had lead to disaster. But he knew what Dean would've heard: I might leave again.' Loved this! Such a trust issue still wedged between the brothers - yet they love each other, their forced to trust with their bodies, but not always with their heart.

When you write the paragraph describing Dean rubbing the sigil off his rib - the filthy, blunt iron shackle, no anesthetic - ugh! That whole part! I actually wrote "Oh, Gross!" next to it! It literally made my ribs (and fingers) hurt. Awesomeness!

The you come out swinging with Dean and ShapeSam in heated conversation. I totally dug the whole "You think Sam's just gonna give in because he's on his own?... You don't know jack about my brother. He's strong..." It broke my heart. It breaks my heart because - YES! I think Dean would have said this back during the Paris Hilton episode. But I don't think he would have believed it and now, the point we are all now, I don't know what he'd say. If he'd lie. These words just brought up so much of what's going on now. It was great and hard to read.

'The faith in his brother's words, though, gave Sam a moment of doubt that he'd gotten it right.' - Aww. Just, aww. Again, this is something that is still ringing true. Sam holding on to faith because it's all he's got not to become Lucifer's vessel. That and Dean. And it's nice to hear that the person on your right has a little faith in you.

'Yup, still an angel by his side...' HA! I laughed out loud!

And then, again, you come out and Cas is punching out words to Dean: "You fulfilled your portion of the devil's bargain... you will be judged only on the basis of which side you have given your soul to since then..." And the relief, the realization that he is kinda free from that fire. It made it easier for me to breathe when I read that.

Even when you have the Impala enter: 'His baby's purr approached from the right... tracked it with his eyes closed...' This was again just picture perfect. I heard the rumble of the Chevy, I saw it turning the corner, Sam's palm easing the wheel around... just perfect!

The small clumsy hug was needed and I was thrilled to see it.

Another thing I want to point out that I really enjoyed about this was your use of one-liners throughout - a sampling:

The fact was, he was reluctant to go back to Dean.

Was it possible they could still help fix each other?

Because it was showtime.

But Dean couldn't hear him any longer.

He held out his hand to shake.

And, possibly my fave - And Sam still felt like the weaker one, small and broken, as he had so often those last few weeks.

All these little one-liners punch with such impact. I just loved it. The entire story transported me. It was a great ride, I am so happy you thought of it and wrote it. It's stories like these that really speak to people that make them feel like they were written just for them.

So I'm claiming this one. Fantastic job. Thank for writing it!
supernaturalbuffy chapter 1 . 4/14/2010
Okay, you made me cringe when Dean was scraping at his rib. It still makes me squirm even now. Very interesting story. There are so many underlying issues that you see in the show but may not think about. Very cool. I also liked the intereaction between Cas and Sam. You don't see too much of that in the show. Always a pleasure.
charis-kalos chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This was wonderful, and your portrayal of the emotions behind Sam and Dean's conversations in "Fallen Idols" makes a lot of sense. I really enjoyed it - even if the description of Dean's self-surgery made me feel ill!
Madebyme chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
This was a thoroughly entertaining read in every aspect. And I was overjoyed to see a chunky and lengthy story that I could sink my teeth into!

You touched on so much here, really delving into many of the themes this season. The possessed shape-shifter was such a great idea, allowing the boys to see things through each others eyes and have those much despised conversations without technically having them with each other.

What I always admire about your writing is how balanced and unbiased you are. The POV's from each brother were honest and sometimes hard to hear but it's always fair, pointing out blame where it's due and not a speck of favouritism in sight. I really appreciate that.

There were so many little things that you touched on here that I adored. Sam being unable "to explain that he was scared of falling into the old traps of resentment and dulled judgement if he returned to the role of follower...of how scared he was of having someone else call the shots for him," this was a wonderful insight helping to explain Sam's mind set. And awesomely gruesome scene with Dean carving off the sigils from his ribs – as gross as it was, it was very in character for Dean and I can see him doing this!

This story was full of highlights for me, but the ending really brought it all together. Things are hard and they've through so much but they're together and for now that's all that matters. Until next time, take care, Abbi
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
A really well thought out and insightful fic, getting totally inside the Winchesters heads and showing how their relationship has been this season. Really believable too, seeing as how they have been with each other, still tentative and a little unsure but moving in the right direction. Wish Kripke would do something like this as hated the ending to 99 Problems as it didn't sit well with me.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Hi there,

sorry for not having left reviews for any of your beautiful stories for quite some time now... but I've read every single one of them and today, after reading this, I still have some time left to tell you how much I loved this one!

Even without having seen any of Season's Five episodes, I think I get the rough storyline simply from reading your (and some other current canon stories on this site) and I just loved everything about this story: from the general plot concept of a possessed shapeshifter (guess only you can come up with something like this), to the many issues both of the boys still have, right down to them trying to reconcile, to forgive each other and be brothers again.

It's good to have your take on things, always throwing in some hope even if it looks very bleak in the show itself. - And, I guess I've mentioned this before... you have their voices down pat!

And I completely agree with SimplyOut here:

"And the story itself? Just another awesome work in your many awesome works."

Thanks for this angsty, yet hopeful take! ...and best wishes to you!

Cheers, D.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Wow, this is a wonderful, heart-felt, and hard look into both boys' minds and all they've been through - together and separately - to get to the point they are in this story. I have to admit that I almost didn't read this because I hated "Fallen Idols" and the atrocious writing that had Sam blaming Dean for all his problems, including following Ruby. And this conversation was NOT under the influence of the demon blood. Oh, that THIS story was the episode instead!;)

I really enjoyed this. Loved the twist that the shapeshifter was possessed and the whole idea was to separate the brothers again and to make Sam vunerable to Luci. That alone should send a strong message to these boys - they're stronger as a family.

As we can see, they still have issues with one another. You really do a fabulous job at looking into both boys' motives equally, and presenting a balanced view of their problems as each sees it. Thanks for that.

And thanks for sharing this amazing story with us. Watching these last couple of episodes has been tough and I have a feeling we're in for even worse. Looking forward to all of your tags on this uneven season, because in many cases, you certainly do a better writing job than the "official" writers do. ;) Until next time...
Swanseajill chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
That was awesome. I enjoyed the shapeshifter plot (and Dean's self-mutilation was gorily impressive and clever), but most of all I liked your take on what both boys were thinking and feeling. It rang very true to me and shows how screwed up they both are. One interesting point - I kind of thought the conversation on the bench was a natural ending for the story and you could easily have ended it there. Was that the ending at one point and you then decided that more needed to be said? Just curious.
SimplyOut chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Since the moment Castiel carved them with the anti-angel marks I was waiting for someone to write a fic about the boys cracking their ribs or something so that Cas could find them in a bad situation, you know, like you crack the floor with the devil's trap and it's not working anymore.

I was waiting so much that I thought maybe that's a crazy idea that only I thought about! LOL! I'm SO glad you write this fic for that reason alone.

Another long wait for me was waiting for you to write a hurt angsty Dean story after weeks, so I'm so happy for that too!

And the story itself? Just another awesome work in your many awesome works ;)

Thanks a lot and keep writing :D