Reviews for The Should in the Could
pixiegirl76 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Wow. There is such a lifting poetic quality to this writing. I found myself carried away in the soflty undulating feel of this story. Great job. Please keep writing. I very much enjoyed it!
LiveLoveLaughLife chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I've never gotten goosebumps from a story before. Not until now, that is. That was amazing. I usually don't like stories that don't have any character dialogue but this...all I can say is wow. Amazing. I agree with what you said in your author's note, too, about how people have forgotten that the series isn't over. I personally loved the episode. We all want Booth and Brennan to get together, but it's not the right time. Not yet. Amazing story (and sorry for rambling)!
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
ah this is such a beautiful tribute to the wonder that is booth and brennan! i must say i completely, wholeheartedly agree with you, on every point you make. when they come together - and they will, even if we have to wait another three seasons for it, as you suggest - it shouldn't be because of trauma or drama. it should just be simple realization.

thank you for doing this couple justice :)
Cat1030 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Amazing!
2day chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I have to admit I am a lurker. I have never left a review. And I feel bad, I really do. I have this weird thing where I don't want to alter someone's direction or the direction they have already planned to take their stories. That being said and this being a one-shot and all, this story gave me goosebumps. I for one agree with you, it's not over and I would watch the show no matter what they do.
Hermione Double chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Wow...

This fic is well thought out and fully of emotion.

I just hope we don't have to wait another few years until they get together, like you said. LOL
emlovesyouu chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
OMG i loved it... Especially the last few lines. Really great insight into it xx
LoBall chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I really must say your story is wonderful. It's really touching. You're a great writer!
NotAboutNightingales chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Amazing! This story was just so phenomenal it brought tears to my eyes.
Skole chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I'm struggling to find the right words to describe how this piece made me feel. At the moment it stands at WOW!

Your profile asserts that you are not a writer, I disagree - in the nicest possible way of course. In my eyes you are a writer and you should assuredly add 'writer' to the list of things that you are. We all get labelled by our roles in life and it is more acceptable to stay in our 'boxes' than celebrate the more uncommon ability to be many things (and smile at the inability of our peers to pin us down).

The Should in the Could says a hell of a lot about the BB relationship, but you have framed it within the context of the limitations, chances and choices that we all face in life. It connects with the reader on so many more levels than just words, because it triggers a response.

You tell us in your Author's Note that you have been called 'frigid' for not showing emotion. This is a failure of others to recognise that you have probably greater emotional fortitude than the average person... When tolerances to trigger an outward emotional reaction are set higher than most, like the character of Bones, feelings are processed and analysed, resulting in 'feeling' significantly more. There is an expression that sums this up - still waters run deep.

Bravo. An excellent piece, because perhaps it showed us a little bit of you too - I wish I had the guts to pour that much feeling into a B&B story.
Phlanges1 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Wow, what a great story and interpretation of events! I hope it doesn't take 8 years, but I love how you describe the way her science gives her the evidence and his God smiles down on them and the dam broke. I can picture it happening that way!
VEEBS8 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Absolutely beautiful! The 100th has left me so confused and your story although it made me cry-in a good way-has given me hope.

Well written :)
bbr chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
beautifully written! a nice trip down memory lane that comforts those of us who cried despite our usual lack of emotion during the las ep.
Xphile611 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Very nice! Moved to tears on this... For the episode I was just speechless, I've watched about 10 times so far so have finally resolved that we still have 6 more episodes!
jsiebert chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Wonderful story well written. It made me feel much better about the 100th episode.

Creative plot..