Reviews for Renascence
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Oh, very nicely done. Poor Fakir - you did get stuck with a tough one. D:
hragaman chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Ah, now, this one I like quite a bit. We get to actually read the story that starts it all, and see through Fakir's eyes, which is always fun ;-) The last line, in particular, is perfect, the absolute best way to start it off...

Tripleguess chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
Thanks for another enjoyable read. I sure don't envy Fakir. ) Imagine trying to rewrite that mess!
AlleluiaElizabeth chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This is really really cool. :) I have always wondered exactly how Tutu could have been mentioned for only a few brief lines in "The Prince and the Raven" and what her role is. Your mention works so well. She was merely predicted to occur. And the bit abotu how Tutu will vanish and *whoever took on the role is left in her place*. That is an angle on it I have NEVER seen before. I loved it! :) And, come to think of it, I suppose that's what kind of happened anyway. XD Tho without the speaking love to the prince part.

I also loved your delving into the church in goldcrown and the lack of redemption in Drosselmeyer's story. It was cool. :) I liked the philosophy you explored here. :)
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This is really intriguing. As always, you have delivered a fascinating entry!

The idea of the original Prince and Raven story being written to be a ballet is very interesting. I never thought of it like that. The original book looks pretty hefty, too, so I always imagined it to be a very long and twisting story.

The image of Fakir trying to interview Uzura is cute and amusing. XD; Though it would definitely get uncomfortable if he tried to ask her about darker subjects.

I enjoy reading your version of the original book. You tried to fit in everything that was ever mentioned concerning its events and expand on them.

I think my favorite part is Fakir's musing on Drosselmeyer's philosophy and the abandoned church. That's a really intriguing angle I don't recall seeing discussed before.

I like the little mention of Fakir still being a little tense as he gets to the Knight's fate. And the addition that the Knight was descended from Lohengrin. I think I've seen some writers say that the Knight was Lohengrin.

I always wondered how Princess Tutu fit into the original story. You've done a good job of determining the few lines about her.

Ending the story as Fakir begins his, and having him use the opening of several of the episodes, was a well-done close.