Reviews for They Will Speak Of Us With Silver Words
Rhyming poetry is really hard to write, but you did a fantastic job of it. This is truely beautiful.
SpeedIronDetective32 chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Awwwwwwwwww! Super good! AWESOME! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Absolutely perfect, and I don't even like poetry. I remember being really upset about the ending of this series, and I feel like this made it a lot better.

Thanks for writing this!
Owl344 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I really liked this-I almost never read poetry, but this was...good. I often felt like the rhythm was off (though maybe that's just me), but it was *on* more often, and it just felt...complete.
austheke chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
That is a straight up fantastic title.

-Aus
phollie chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
I've never read this trilogy, but I read this poem because I love you unconditionally, and I am quite literally thrown to the floor.

It's...it's the imagery. And the words. And the strife. And the last gasp of glory, the fighting chance, the acceptance of death, the blazing martyrdom, and god, it's the everything that you've put down right here for the world to read.

"And he stands half-shadowed, as if he always knew."

That image was sketched into my head so clearly that I could have reached out to it.

You're a storyteller through and through.
Amethyst Asheryn chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
I can see some of this being put to music and sung. Nice, rhyming, lyrical ... Exactly the kind of poem I like. :)

Especially liked these parts:

"He has freed his friend, he has left his love,

The ceiling of glass is sparkling above.

It is his first last stand and his heart is still

He raises the staff and breaks the seal."-Oooooh, got goosebumps.

"The days fade by and the city's stopped burning,

The sun keeps rising, the world keeps turning,

The empire rises from its knees

And she can feel the agony

Of a dying era pulsing through,

Bartimaeus' words all coming true.

She stands alone with her hand on her breast

And she lays her past and heart to rest."-This is an especially lyrical part, and, again, gave me shivers.

Typos:

"His hair his neat and his hands are clean,"-Is neat?

"Dancing though London in a hideous light."-Through London.

Thanks for writing! I haven't read PG in quite a while but this makes me want to go back for a re-read. :)

Ashe
will be chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Stand up aplause!
Valkerie chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
This is...incredible. Just incredible. The poem is perfect, the people are perfect, the imagery is perfect...

You know, you should e-mail this to Johnathan Stroud. I think he would approve.

I certainly do.
Toraudewa chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
You good. You nearly made me cry when I never cry.
DistanceBetween chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
That was so beautiful; i loved it. Great work!
redchinese chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
great poetry- sets my green little voice of envy a fire XD
AyanneCZ chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Oh god, this is so beautiful I had to read it three times. You should really write more poetry from now on, you're so good at it! I usually dislike poetry (I mean amateurish fanfictional poetry!), because it hardly ever seems right and don't bother reading it ;D but thanks Jashin-sama I didn't look what genre it was beforehand :))

This is awesome, simply awesome 3
Queen of Dreaming chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Wow, it's been a long time since I thought about this series. I don't usually like fanfiction poetry, but this is good. The rhyme scheme and rhythm gives it a classical feel that I think is fitting, although it does seem a little bouncy at times. I have to say, though, I just love the line "Not a fan of heroics, but what the hell." Unless I'm misremembering hideously, that screams Bartimaeus in five-foot letters. That and "The world keeps turning"; I think it really captures the feel of things after something collapses like this.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
This is so have a wonderful flow that is hard to capture and I've found in few others.I hope to see more from writing.