Reviews for The Children's Story
MistressThornedRose chapter 10 . 7/9/2014
Wahh I love this :3 Do wish there was more but I have greatly enjoyed what I've seen so far.
Niko chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
I found you on TV tropes under recommended c: at first I thought English wasnt your first language but youre just playing around with style. Its very cute like a kids fairytale, very sweet story c:
Morbidly Disfigured chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Continue *-*
smilingcrescent chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
I maintain that this is a charming story. It reminds me of Neil Gaiman's Coraline, actually... though the story line is a bit fast, it works for this story...maybe you (and most readers) are looking forward to the interaction. :)

Much too well mannered indeed. And I laughed at the "unfortunate truth."

Nice job!
Liz1991 chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
This is a perfect story. Has just the right amount of Ciel and Sebastian that we know, and a new different way to see them. Very interesting. looking forward to seeing the rest! :D
smilingcrescent chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Charming! Absolutely charming. I love the foreshadowing for this one too, and when I have more energy, I would certainly love to read more.

Well done. I think you deserve a watch. _
Aservis Roturier chapter 3 . 8/11/2012
I would judge it a complete success. (holding up his bowl) Please sir, I want some more.
K. R. Ukido chapter 10 . 7/22/2012
Wooow. I stumbled upon this on TVtropes' Black Butler Fan Fic Recommendations page and just had to read it, and now I am so glad I did. This story is wonderful. The characters are perfect, the setting feels real, and the narration style is so smooth and lovely to read that it feels like a 'real' fairytale.

All I can say is, good job. I'd really like to read more of this soon, but considering that I myself am horrendous at updating, I can't beg you to write faster without being a hypocrite. So I shall simply say, thank you for posting this!

Also, about this chapter in particular-I love 'in-between' flashback chapters in stories like this, because they explain things we wouldn't otherwise know. And this one is particularly interesting to me, because I was curious how Sebastian would deal with having a kitten wandering around causing trouble. Very well done.

Sincerely,
K. R. Ukido
OlivineWK chapter 10 . 10/25/2011
I just adore your writing style; it has a fairy tale characteristic to it, which is absolutely perfect for this story. The episodic chapters are interesting too. It's like reading about a hero who goes off on different adventures each time. I can't wait to see more of this :)
croquant chapter 10 . 7/4/2011
I love the whimsy in this story! Very nice AU adaptation, and I am interested to see other characters appear too. I smiled during the manticore chapter. Sebastian, how he melts my heart :)
Li the Twilight Knight chapter 10 . 5/27/2011
This is so cute! I don't know why I haven't read it before now! _ It's so much fun to read about their silly day-to-day activities. I am curious, though, how Ciel managed to get to the glass hill in the first place. It doesn't seem to be entirely bounded in reality.

My favorite chapter was the one with the Manticore. Sebastian, you really do care, even if you don't want to admit it! XD

Excellent job, and please continue soon!

~Li
Doctor Faustus chapter 10 . 5/26/2011
Every chapter you post is so...charming. It gives me the same feeling as when I'm having tea in a small cafe with the rain outside. I'm not sure how you do it but it's honestly quite marvellous.
promocat chapter 10 . 5/23/2011
i love how sebastian acts with all cats & a kitten is the ultimate!glad you have updated this-it's been awhile
Aloysius Saint chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I never leave replies on the first chapters of fics but I felt that I had to say how utterly adorable you've made ciel and lizzie!
AmitraDay chapter 9 . 4/27/2011
I love this style of writing! It feels like a lovely story or a fairytale. I feel so sorry for the marionette inside the glass hill, though. He must be lonely.

I can't wait to see if Ciel will attempt to contact Lizzy again.