Reviews for Harry Potter VS Bella Swan
AvidReader2425 chapter 1 . 9/1
This was amusing
I absolutely loved this!
typhoon-voidhog95 chapter 1 . 2/18/2019
This is stupid but so very true
Guest chapter 1 . 6/9/2018
Exactly! Bella is a whiny brat! All she wants, is to have sex and be with Edward!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/6/2018
You are the best
AstroNeko3000 chapter 1 . 3/23/2018
rhis is stupid
Quotes chapter 1 . 1/12/2017
Let's not forget that Dumbledore told us not to dwell on dreams and the fact that Stephanie Myer admitted that twilight came to her in a dream.
DUMBLEDORE HAS SPOKEN!
midnight rose112358 chapter 1 . 3/29/2016
Awesome. This is the only way to describe this.
Shadow Lighthawk chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
I agree with you about Twilight. There are a thousand things wrong with it, starting with Bella and Edward's creepy, abusive, codependent relationship. And Bella is approximately the antithesis of a strong female character.

But.

Harry Potter, though I adore him, is not perfect. He has plenty of broody, whiny moments and makes a fair number of bad decisions.

And Bella, though I dislike her immensely, hasn't had as easy a life as you portray here. For one, having divorced parents is *hard*. It sucks, even when they mostly get along. There's a reason they call then "broken homes." Also, before what's-his-name came along (Phil?), Bella had to basically parent Renee. Parentification does damage to kids, emotionally speaking, and can be considered a form of abuse or neglect. Bella lost a big chunk of what it meant to be a kid; it doesn't surprise me at all that she would reach for the escape from her life that she felt Edward represented.

I know Harry was abused by the Durselys in a more active way and that most people would consider his abuse "worse" than the passive neglect that Bella endured. On the other hand, they were both screwed up by it, and there is a good reason that therapists and counselors tell people not to compare their hurts.

And while we're at it, let's be honest about something else: given what we know, in canon, of the Dursleys, Harry should have been way more messed up than he was. You talk about him making a great sacrifice as if he wasn't groomed for just that by Dumbledore. I'm not sure that Harry, psychologically speaking, had a real choice there.

Want a horrifying thought? In some ways, Bella Swan had more personal agency than Harry Potter. She chose vampirism - lobbied for it, in fact. She chose to carry her pregnancy to term against the wishes of almost everyone around her and the best medical advice available. Do I think it was creepy and a bad idea? Hell yes. Do I hate the underlying message? Absolutely. But within the story, it was a choice she made and carried out, exhibiting a personal strength of will that Harry struggled to achieve in HP canon.

Harry almost always did the thing that was expected of him. Went down to the Chamber for Ginny, participated in the Tournament, kept quiet about Umbridge's detentions, never spoke up on any of the occasions the school turned against him... He was really rather passive except in specific situations where he acted in his expected role of "hero." In large part I think that's a function of his abuse, of the Dursleys raising him to do what he's told and never ask questions.

The point of all this is to say that Bella may be a hideous role model for girls and a poorly developed character besides, but you're not giving her the credit that she does deserve. Likewise, Harry got absolutely shafted in canon. His life was not his own, and neither were some of the choices you're lauding him for making.

It's funny. Your piece basically expresses exactly how I *feel* about Twilight versus HP and Bella versus Harry, but I just spent an hour arguing Bella's case because I thought your analysis was too superficial. Ugh, my brain, ladies and gentlemen.

(You know what else is funny? I find something new to hate about Twilight every time I start to critically analyze it.)
valentine chapter 1 . 11/1/2015
Just thought I would let you know, I think that this is absolutely amazing and has made my day, wait week. Thank you so much for putting exactly what I was thinking into words. (Bows down) it is beautiful. ;)
ordinarylittleme chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
It is a good fic, excellent explaining by the way, but Azkaban doesn't exist.
YaoiQueen18 chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
You just made my day.
Obsessed Twihard chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
You lot are insane! her parents were divorced, so?. And she wasn't whiny, she was just stating, like Stephanie Meyer said she is a selfless person and by the way she is way better than Harry potter will ever be. And I admit harry potter is good, just not as good as twilight, Lastly Stephanie Meyer is way more amazing than you people will ever ever ever be , also she has more talent than all of you put together. Twilight is a great story and don't u. Dare. Criticise it... If u hate twilight u obviously have a problem
LPeck chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
It's good cause Bella realy is a whiney twit Xx
Carriemathison chapter 1 . 8/6/2014
Twilight is a pathetic excuse for a love story. I hate Twilight and love HP. You could do a full length version of this