Reviews for Proudest Possession
GuesssWho chapter 7 . 10/22/2012
More, please.
PaperheartJester chapter 7 . 4/4/2011
Oooo Mr. Teatime makes an appearance. Funfunfun.

Nicely done.
PaperheartJester chapter 6 . 4/4/2011
Brilliant way to introduce our dear psycho in training to another psycho in training, Fanfan.

As usual your writing is lovely.
RedherringorR chapter 7 . 3/16/2011
Highly original idea. Amazing story telling.I have no words. I think that Gawain behaved really stupidly er...too much on good will. Maybe the marble is not so dangerous after all...? (what am I saying, he took his eye out with a bloody poker!)

Keep up the good work! Best wishes, R
She Who Shines chapter 7 . 2/6/2011
. I am SO GLAD you decided to continue this story. SO GLAD! It's perfectly delicious to munch away at, eloquent sentence by eloquent sentence. I adore Gawain and the Teatime-Mirage gave me shivers. I'm super curious to see where that will go. Great job, Fanless! I can't wait for more :B
TMOHzone chapter 7 . 2/3/2011
YOU ARE SO AMAZING. Like I-don't-think-I-can-live-without-more updates-to-this amazing. Like I-want-to-steal-your-writing-prowess amazing. THAT GOOD.

The description! I know I tell you this all the time, but you have a way with words that...well, I can't adequately explain it, but it's so *vivid* and *clever* and just great. I especially liked "a bite so pointed she expected it to cut her tongue."

Your characterization is really, really great, too-"Susan raised smart people. Not necessarily trusting people." is so concisely *right* and that whole passage impressed me quite a bit.

I'm sure there's *something* wrong/improbable about this, but I'm sure not seeing it now, overwhelmed by the awesomely good bits as I am. :D More, please?
duchess-susan chapter 7 . 2/1/2011
You haven't lost the eerie touch, and I'm so glad you haven't given up on this fic-it's brilliant really. Utterly chilling and utter genius.
duchess-susan chapter 6 . 7/31/2010
Oh. Please tell me that wasn't Andy Shank. Please? This chapter was probably the best so far-I got shivers when the eye shuddered at the mention of Susan...
the original KeT chapter 2 . 7/30/2010
Where to start? The showdown was EPIC EPIC. The title was epic. The idea of the auras was unexpected but totally effective and telling (and of course epic). (And do I sense some indirect Teatime/Susan?) Mr Gaiter was also unexpected, but I admire how you managed to give him lots of personality in such a short space.
TMOHzone chapter 6 . 7/30/2010
FFFF ANDY I knew it was him as soon as you mentioned the green coat, much less the Dimwell scarf. This is going to be *epic*.

I really like your portrayal of Gawain in this chapter-moreso than in any of the previous ones, even. We get to see the *real* Gawain, who loves his sister and has a surprisingly strong social conscience and worries about pleasing his mum, and we *also* get to see how that's changed and warped and sometimes overwritten by the eye. It's more interesting, and frankly a heckuva lot scarier, than straight-up Teatime Jr. could ever hope to be.

I can't wait to see where this goes next! :D
the original KeT chapter 1 . 7/30/2010
OH WOW HOW DID I NEVER READ THIS

Seriously, it's awesome. The concept is totally original and your discriptions are vivid enough to give me some disturbing mental images... keep it up D I have a lot of favorite lines:

"It wasn't pretty.

Gawain slipped in the marble, blinking away tears and blood and other things that, thanks to Tacticus, he could name and describe in clinical detail.

But now it was."

THAT is just GENIUS. And: "And around him the sitting room caught on glorious, godlike, crystal-clear fire.

He understood now. He remembered. And he understood everything." PERFECT sum up. I need to read more ;D
sylphxpression chapter 5 . 6/21/2010
Teatime junior's coming into his own, I see.
TMOHzone chapter 5 . 6/21/2010
Oh, man, this is everything I'd hoped for and more! Sibling interaction, creepy Teatimeage, mysterious bescarfed figures, *crunchy sausages*...I can only hope the wait til chapter six isn't as long as the last one. :D

I do think Gawain would've heard "discrepancy" before, given our prior knowledge of his reading habits, but I suppose there's a difference between knowing a word and actually *using* it.

And he's ginger! Oh, goodness, you didn't do that for *me*, did you? Because you know how much I love gingers. XD
duchess-susan chapter 5 . 6/21/2010
Oh. My. Gods. Seriously? Does it get any better-elegant, creepy and SO wonderfully Teatime...I can't actually pick out a favourite part, it's all just vonderful...
She Who Shines chapter 5 . 6/21/2010
I loved this chapter. It was WONDERFUL. I loved all the new words in his head, I love Gawain's excitement and the hints of Teatime therein, I love the 'world being rubber around him', and I LOVED the seeing-how-close-he-could-get-to-a-cart bit. GENIUS.