Reviews for the Blonde in the Bullpen
lookingforhoofprints chapter 2 . 4/15/2010
o, I really like this one. Your Booth characterization is spot on. Not that your Brennan isn't, but the way you write Booth rings extremely true to the character. How he keeps running her through her mind. That is such a Booth thing to do. And, of course, the happy ending always makes me smile :)
Sheethkal Shahar chapter 2 . 4/15/2010
So, I only just got addicted to Bones. And, this was amazing, from what I've seen so far, this really sums them up and I'm so excited to see what the writers of the show do with this now. Great twoshot!

Love Elodie
booknerd323 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
So I didn't get to see the episode when it premiered, due to unfortunate circumstances, but I got the alert that this story was added. It killed me to wait until I had watched the episode to read it, but I did. Immediately following. So I was still sobbing my eyes out when I started reading, and am worse now. I liked this, though I'm sure the writers of the show aren't going to make it this easy on us. Sigh.

Thank you for your words.
amomentathogwarts chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Just so you know, I thought the 100th episode was perfect too. And that quote on the wall could mean so many different things. I might dedicate a one-shot to my theories on that quote, I liked it so much(:

You managed to portray the characters beautifully and entirely in character and you ended at just the right place. Good job(:

3, Ashley
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
SO GOOD

brava!
rockiestwitwin chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Um can you please send this to the writers? K thanks.

This was perfect, just what I'm hoping for. That ending was just...complete and utter devastation. I'm with you I mean I totally loved it but still. Horrifyingly devastating.

Thanks for cheering me up wtvoc even without the fluffy sex. Hence why you're the writer and I'm the reader, you always seem to know just what we need even when we don't know it ourselves.

LOVE,

Deeds
crazycamera chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Loved it! hehehe always like when Bones gets "envious"
ElleCC chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Not gonna lie, I’m worried about the sad. Even if you think it’s not angsty... well... We’ll see.

“but she had softly turned him down (again)...” :( :( :(

“But she simply didn't reciprocate.”

“But he was…. too much, almost.”

“...she knew she was simply incapable of returning his devotion.”

I AM FROWNING A LOT.

“Continued to work, to perform his job admirably.” Of course he did—he’s Booth! EVEN THOUGH HIS HEART IS BROKEN.

“Your guilt and inner turmoil takes second place to your resolve to make a wrong right.” Idk idk. I think you might be just replacing one wrong with another, no?

“The truly regretful result of this thing that had passed between them was that the easy comfort they had always had was now missing. She desperately wanted it back but didn't know how to get it. And she felt on some levels that she didn't deserve it.” FROWN FROWN FROWN.

“Why did everyone always insist on making mountains out of mole dens?” Hahahahahahahaha. )

“Don't look at her the way you used to look at me.” Omgomgomg :(

"I didn't like her, Booth." Haha, I love that. Just jump right in, Bones!

OKAY ALL OF THIS STUFF THAT’S HAPPENING IS GOOD.

"I may have had a lapse in judgment." LOL.

"Something told me you wouldn't take too kindly to me moving on, anyway." TRUE.

If only... if only.

Sigh.

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THE HOPE. Now I’m going to be EXTRA disappointed when this doesn’t happen this week! EXTRA DISAPPOINTED.

I am now frowning and smiling in equal measure.

Fantastically done, as always! So good with the Brennan voice, you are :)
this is not a pipe chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
I totally agree with your comment at the end. I loved the 100th episode, in a creepy masochistic sort of way. It was amazing, and I had to watch it just about a billion times before I could wrap my head around it.

And I totally loved this story. Everyone is posting what-if stories in the post-100th episode frenzy, but yours is one of the few that actually makes sense in terms of what Booth and Brennan would think and do after, and the fluff at the end was squeal worthy. Good job!
lrigD chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
"I'm the character judge here and you do the science stuff. When you find a way to quantify human character traits, you let me know. Until then, trust me on this one."

He should tell her that in the show. He just should.

Great story )
Cat1030 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Love it!
morebones chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Really liked it! Brennan dreaming!lol She is the one that says that dreams have no hidden meanings, a banana is just a banana (lol) so, although I guess that she would try to not-analyze it (no psychology involved) and compartmentalize it, that will only allow her to hide from herself to a certain point... She had to act...

Loved the aching feeling you make us have through Brennan during the whole fic... Subtle and effective... Gah, we do love angst!

O, btw, I absolutely love the #100! I just haven't been able to stop watching it since Wed! Everything is in the open now, and as my sister said, Booth's gamble was not only saying her he wanted to give them a chance... He placed a bigger one, saying her that he has to move on... Just like you say. It's like giving her time, but making her aware of the consequences, and pushing her in a way, but being subtle... Now, she just have to catch up and be brave enough to react. And I really loved the last scene of your fic when that happens: She is so sad for making him sad, and how she needs him to just accept her again (no questions) but aching for the pain he is feeling...

Only "one step at a time"... Yes. That would be it...
TemperTemper chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Meep! I love this! OMG SOMEONE MAKE THEM ALL BETTER, NAO!
JustAGirl77 chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
Well done. I, too, thought the 100th was amazing. Not disappointed at all. The "breaking dam" as Sweets put it, wouldn't seem right for the evolution of their relationship. This was a painful, but necessary, step for them. The whole ep was really well done and the acting was awesome and real and just (I don't want to say perfect, cause that seems like gushing) really, really good.

This fic was great. I think Brennan especially must be really hard to write, but you do a great job with her voice. I'm just getting into Bones fic, any suggestions?
nogigglingmajor chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I agree the 100th ep was perfect, everything we could've asked for. Don't panic people, everything happens eventually, we all know it will, and it's going to be fun watching it happen. Nice story
55 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »