Reviews for the Blonde in the Bullpen
MoonlightGardenias chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Um...so I love this. In my head, this is how it happens, not dragging it out including seeing him with another woman all happy like before the finale. But also, I'm kind of excited to see jealous Brennan.

The 100th. *sigh*. Honestly, I loved it. I really did, despite how much it made me cry and made me aggravated. Personally I'm just glad that Booth finally owned up and told her, even though he didn't actually say "I love you" it was pretty freaking obvious.

Great job!
Sheytune chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Aw. Yes, I think Brennan is underestimating her reaction to Booth moving on.

And somehow this line is perfect Brennan:

"Why did everyone always insist on making mountains out of mole dens?"
fanofbones chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Well that was wonderful...a hellavalot better than the episode...No, don't get me wrong...the epi was wonderful..squee worthy right up until Brennen broke his heart and he cried..hell she cried...hell I cried too...

Dammit, Hart Hanson broke my heart too...

The kisses were magical and sweet and sexy as hell but just dammit.

I had mixed feelings about Zach again. It was nice to see him but brought back bad memories again...with HH again...

fab
daisy3853 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
gah. ngl, I got a bit teary when she sobbed. sigh.

so this is my second bonesfic, next to PIE D':, and I really loved it. I think you do a great job capturing her voice.

CAN THIS PLEASE HAPPEN FOR REAL? DNW LEGGY LAUGHING BLONDE.

AmandaFriend chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Woo-hoo!

Excellent story. Brennan loves the guy, but doesn't love herself to trust that she can pull off a relationship with Booth. I think you understand that and understand that Booth can't easily move on. He's invested in her, addicted to her. He's replaced his gambling addiction with a Bones addiction and he's hit bottom.

Your writing style and restraint is admirable. I really wanted to read some good, angsty stuff or just some good writing with different takes on the episode. Instead, many of the authors have missed the qualities of both Brennan and Booth.

You have not.

Brennan's not going to express herself well nor is she one to give in to sappy emotion. She's going to rationalize, but her heart is a whole lot bigger than she gives herself credit for. In the end, she's not going to declare undying devotion or swim in a pool of her own tears. She's going to face the truth and act on it.

Like I said, you get it. This is a good story that is hopeful, but definitely not cheesy or overwrought.
ninirific chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Guh. If only ep 101 turned out this way. I see angst in our future tho! :'( This was wonderful as always. Def not too angsty after we just had our hearts handed to us on a platter. Unceremoniously, I might add. But dude it hurts so good.
patsyrobinson chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
YOU'RE A TRICKY ONE!

Omg, I needed something like this after that episode. I don't know how you keep churning out all of this amazing Bones-fic-I can't keep up!

My heart plummeted when I saw the words "Booth moved on." I know that he thinks he must if Brennan won't be with him and the thought is painful :(

Angela's devotion to the idea of "them" was wonderful to read.

"I hate her, Bren. I don't know her, and I don't want to." That is Angela, spot-on. (and I'm not gonna lie, I'll hate "her" if it happens on the show too, but I won't be able to claim that I don't want to, haha)

So while I was having major heartfail, before I knew IT WAS A DREAM, I pulled a few quotes that struck me.

"He smiled and seemed about to touch her shoulder but he stopped himself, and she was surprised at how much that almost-gesture hurt. "

-My heart srsly panged at this one. I could see his hand reaching out, followed by a sudden stop and awkward glance of uncertainty.

"And then she was propelled forward by that mysterious need she always had to see, to analyze, to scrutinize and to dissect what was going on using her eyes and her brain"

-that's SO Brennan.

This was beautifully written. I was SO relieved to find out it was a dream sequence you have no idea. I was completely and heartbrokenly (i know that's not a word...) invested in what was going on in the story and then *BAM* ...right between the eyes. She woke up, ran to Booth, and their reunion (thankfully only a few hours later) was perfect. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Right now I'm thinking that a logical step in your future would be joining the Bones writing team ;) :) :D
space77 chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
"Nothing happens unless first a dream."

You are brilliant. I loved this. Wanna see this next week... screw everything else. LOL!

NatesMama chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This was great...and I think I loved the 100th as much as you did. :) I've watched the ending about 20 times now. LOL
americnxidiot chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This is what should happen in the next episode, but it won't *grumble grumble not enough time has passed since I watched it grumble*. But this was wonderful, and I love how you write Brennan. You get her.
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4