Reviews for No Place Like Home
Anilmathiel chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Really good story! Please write more of the second attempt and what happened after.
Her Head In the Clouds chapter 1 . 4/28/2012
Loved it. Showed a more human side to the apparent cold-hearted parental duty of Desmond's parents (well, his Mom naturally makes sense) ...if they ever had a more human side.
Calcium oxide chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Great story!
shadowelf144 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
wow just wow well writing
demyxFAN chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Aw poor Desmond :l

Nice story though, nicely written!
Lurker Fag chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I always imagined that the assassins would live in trailer communes, like alot of people do around here. They move with the seasons, are easy to move quickly, and well, they're more livable and not to mention... more realistic than a pack of arabs living in tents in the middle of North America.

Because it had to have been North America. It'd be too damned hard to successfully flee overseas, TO North America in 2008/2007.

Somewhere likely in America, considering that

a) There are no Deserts in Canada.

b) Desmond's weapon of choice, is more than likely English, and he'd never struck me a bilingual. Especially, with his, well, the guy's about as bright as a piece of barbed wire in the first game.

I dunno, I see the set up like this, but considering that Desmond was nigh oblivious to Templars being real, even with his background as an assassin, I think that knowledge on the war itself wasn't well distributed amongst anyone of that age range.

I do find the arranged marriages, military like life style, and closed off nature of his family realistic though.
dragonlover131313 chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
Sweet lordy that was good, I love how you described his experience of getting out and then his further capture. And the last sentence just sealed the deal on this awesome story so thumbs up to you!
Buscadora chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
A very interesting story, I wanted to see more about Desmond and his life before the game. It seems that everyone forgets about him.

But shouldn't him remember the name "templars" when he listen it again? I know years has passed, but that conversation was important, the kind you can't forget.
BeshterAngelus chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Oh poor Desmond. I hope at some point they do a bit more back story for him, perhaps Subject 16 as well. I loved this, it had hints of Terminator and John Conner as well, sometimes you can't escape what you are.
Sono la Notte chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
Awesome! I love your take on this unexplained phenomena!

It's so hard to work off of what they give us in the game about Desmond, so we sort of have to fill in the blanks ourselves XD

Check out my take on it, it's really similar to yours!